Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tcll on June 21, 2011, 12:25:53 AM
lol
if webcams don't work then how come 3D scanners are possible with them XD

anyways...
hate the 360, love the Kinect

btw...
it's $140.00 for a Kinect

you forgot the $9.99 at the end

Just curious, but do you need an X-Box in order to use the Kinect?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 20, 2011, 10:29:50 PM
You're partly right...
You make animations throught a live video taken with the kinect. It tracks your movements and applies them to the model.

BTW (at everyone), Webcams DO NOT work AT ALL. Don't bother asking. The kinect has a special system that tracks each joint. Webcams can't do what the kinect can.
man, I thought that kinect thing was a joke.  If you do that dude, people will flip [censored].  Kudos to you man ^^

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 21, 2011, 12:31:30 AM
Nope.
Alright. Awesome. :D
Another question, can it connect via USB cable? Or is a USB cable the cable it uses to connect?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on June 21, 2011, 12:47:47 AM
Alright. Awesome. :D
Another question, can it connect via USB cable? Or is a USB cable the cable it uses to connect?

When you buy the kinect seperate from the console, it comes with a usb converter cable. So yeah it uses usb.

Quote from: Tcll on June 21, 2011, 12:25:53 AM
lol
if webcams don't work then how come 3D scanners are possible with them XD

anyways...
hate the 360, love the Kinect

btw...
it's $140.00 for a Kinect

3D scanning works off regular video and light being tracked on a surface. Kinect is a whole different deal.

As for the Kinect animations, I like the idea, but with other programs that have supported it, models seem to fidget about, but I guess tweaking the bone in the center should fix that.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Quote from: VILE on June 21, 2011, 12:56:53 AM
3D scanning works off regular video and light being tracked on a surface. Kinect is a whole different deal.

As for the Kinect animations, I like the idea, but with other programs that have supported it, models seem to fidget about, but I guess tweaking the bone in the center should fix that.

I was hoping that if a tracked bone was lost, I'd just leave the box without a keyframe so it'd interpolate to the next set value. And you can always edit the animation after you track yourself ;)

Lol you should try modding brawlbox itself to fix exporting and saving. But whatever, I want this brawlbox nao!


speaking of interpolation, there should be interpolation settings for brawlbox, so you can do stuff like this (ignore the text, this image was made by someone on smashboards who was saying that brawlbox's interpolation was off)

June 21, 2011, 02:38:12 AM #1526 Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 04:10:03 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: LordNOaH on June 21, 2011, 02:08:06 AM
speaking of interpolation, there should be interpolation settings for brawlbox, so you can do stuff like this (ignore the text, this image was made by someone on smashboards who was saying that brawlbox's interpolation was off)

I found the function:

public float Interpolate(int offset, bool linear)
       {
           if (offset == 0)
               return _value;

           int span = _next._index - _index;
           if (offset == span)
               return _next._value;

           float diff = _next._value - _value;
           if (linear)
               return _value + (diff / span * offset);

           float time = (float)offset / span;
           float inv = time - 1.0f;
           return (offset * inv * ((inv * _tangent) + (time * _next._tangent)))
               + ((time * time) * (3.0f - 2.0f * time) * diff)
               + _value;
       }

There are no older versions of this, I checked brawltools on google code.

Edit: Found some info.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1146281/cubic-curve-smooth-interpolation-in-c

Let's see if I can fix this up.
Edit 2: HOLY CRAP. I think I fixed the interpolation! Comparing it to 63d's interpolation, this is perfect! The interpolation in 63d is terrible! :srs: You'll probably see that a few of the animations you've created look a little weird though (I've been looking through some animations I've made), that's most likely because of all the keyframes you created to make it look smooth.

Edit 3: So I tried out some animations straight from Bleach vs Crusade on Nel. Her hair doesn't interpolate very well :/ either that, or it interpolated so well that it messed up the animation. So there might be something I'm missing here.


Quote from: LordNOaH on June 21, 2011, 04:21:32 AM
ah, SAKURAI!!!!!!!!ing sweet ^^  I spent hours during the winter looking for that, where was it?

I just searched the whole solution for "interpolate" XD
I found it in KeyframeCollection.cs in BrawlLib.Wii.Animations.KeyframeEntry.
Right now I'm trying out the "Cubic Hermite spline" to interpolate the values O.o

..... must.... get.... kinect  *goes all zombie eye'd*  :o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady