Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

well...
looks like Bero isn't working on Brbx anymore...
meaning the modsets have stopped





_______________________________________________________________________________________

is anyone willing to add support for webcams to brbx??
BJ says he won't do it, and I'll have to wait about a year before I'll be able to get a Kinect

webcam movement tracking is possible as I've seen it done

real X,Y with dynamic Z based on image comparison
^that's the trick just don't quite know how to pull it off >_>

Mortal Kombat game developers used a similar trick for animating the character fight styles
but the difference was they used nodes...
(a small light that goes where the character joint's would go (where the joints bend) on your body)

for that to work,
a closer node would be bigger than a farther node
you can then generate a dynamic Z axis off of that
but this trick isn't as accurate as comparing shade values and generating coords by that




and BJ keep in mind I never said anything about adding it at this very moment.
you can add support after the Kinect is finished...

I don't mind having to wait...
the thing is I can't really afford a Kinect.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Blackjack or tcll, I think bero has been looking for someone to take over for him with the brawlbox modsets.  Would either of you be willing?

brbx is C#... I'm Py
and
BJ has his own to work on

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

June 21, 2011, 04:39:53 PM #1533 Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:19:28 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: LordNOaH on June 21, 2011, 02:15:54 PM
Blackjack or tcll, I think bero has been looking for someone to take over for him with the brawlbox modsets.  Would either of you be willing?

I think I'm kind of doing that already. But sure, I guess I could "officially" take over. But I'm working on fixing/modding v0.64, not v0.63d.

Quote from: Tcll on June 21, 2011, 01:48:41 PM
and BJ keep in mind I never said anything about adding it at this very moment.
you can add support after the Kinect is finished...

I don't mind having to wait...
the thing is I can't really afford a Kinect.
Don't give yourself or anybody else false hope. I'm NEVER going to add support for webcams. :srs: Go ahead and quote me on that.

Edit: I kept interpolation the same for now. The change I made before wasn't quite right because it didn't use the tangents, causing some problems. I'll see if I can fix interpolation after the model importer is done.

Hey, BlackJax. You know how some characters float in the wind? Like capes, haie, Pikachu's ears?

Do you think some day you could make a button to make a polygon for a character float in the wind? That'd be kinda cool.[/suggestion ;) ]

Quote from: SmashClash on June 21, 2011, 06:43:26 PMHey, BlackJax. You know how some characters float in the wind? Like capes, haie, Pikachu's ears? Do you think some day you could make a button to make a polygon for a character float in the wind? That'd be kinda cool.[/suggestion ;) ]
yeah(for Goku´s hair or other char. with hair like that)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: SmashClash on June 21, 2011, 06:43:26 PM
Hey, BlackJax. You know how some characters float in the wind? Like capes, haie, Pikachu's ears?

Do you think some day you could make a button to make a polygon for a character float in the wind? That'd be kinda cool.[/suggestion ;) ]

That'd need some hardcore math.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 21, 2011, 06:51:34 PMThat'd need some hardcore math.
so is it possible if so give it a try if you want
if not i think we all understand you already made a awesome BrawlBox :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

physics apply to bones i believe, not to polygons...
i may be wrong, but i dont think so, since the polygons do NOTHING but represent the action, everything what happens are bones and coding

Quote from: jokekid on June 21, 2011, 08:26:30 PMphysics apply to bones i believe, not to polygons... i may be wrong, but i dont think so, since the polygons do NOTHING but represent the action, everything what happens are bones and coding

you can apply physics to a lattice which deforms a mesh better than a bone...
but I don't think that's the case here...

btw...
when you guys talk about wind, what do you mean??
like you say Pika's ears are affected...

I wanna see an example before I can make a conclusion...

I doubt anyone know's Pika better than me >:3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Wind as in certain model part (hair, capes, tales etc) being moved when a wind effect is applied.


hey guys... take a guess at who I'm importing: 8)

^click for larger view

I'll give you a hint:
who is my favorite character ;D





_______________________________________________________________________________________

Quote from: ds22 on June 21, 2011, 09:06:13 PMWind as in certain model part (hair, capes, tales etc) being moved when a wind effect is applied.
you're not talking about like falling animations where Pika ears are animated right??

-ninja'd

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

is that pikachu?
i cant tell, but since u gave that hint... xD