Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.


[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

lol, didnt even look at the URL... xDDDD
so stupidly obvious... xD i feel dumb now...

O.o
wow...
is like no-one hyped that Melee conversion is now becoming possible
I was expecting alot more hype for this than 2-4 replies... :srs:






_______________________________________________________________________________________

lol :3
this one might look a little more familiar:

EDIT:
take note, I'm not brute forcing it like I was on my last attempts
I'm actually accessing the verts the correct way now ;)
(the verts come last)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Wait, does this mean direct stage imports from melee are now possible?

Quote from: Tcll on June 22, 2011, 12:52:10 AM
O.o
wow...
is like no-one hyped that Melee conversion is now becoming possible
I was expecting alot more hype for this than 2-4 replies... :srs:



is like no-one hyped that Melee conversion is now becoming possible


Melee conversion is now becoming possible

Someone give this man a prize.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

well this is (and has always been) typical in melee conversion:

^that's supposed to be Pichu's un-transformed body

I thought I was good enough to get it right the first time... heh

well... it's prbly something in my convertToTriangles function...
I was tired when built the function, so I'll take a look at it tomorrow :)
I'm sure I'll be able to fix it XD

the TMP data is correct, IK that for a fact 8)
I just have to get the primitives converted correctly

prbly something with my tristrips and trifans conversion


tbh... I actually like the manual conversion :D
and I think you will too, if you're building a plugin ^_^
it's like building a plugin while using the file data in real time (using the functions I demonstraited earlier)

not to mention I had to fix my common data functions in order to even get a decent conversion

either way, I've just now made the building of nintendo-type plugins easy :D
TMP -> OBJ is gonna need a bit of work (why I'm playing around whith manual conversion)





_______________________________________________________________________________________

Quote from: moleman915 on June 22, 2011, 01:15:29 AMWait, does this mean direct stage imports from melee are now possible?

IDK yet...
I'd have to test it on a stage...
(don't think stages have a base node [3] of 'joint')

will add soon though ;)

although atm it's only manual tmp to obj conversion...

heh...
I have to fix my getObject function to log using a global vector

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

ok i am hyped just got online :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

GOT IT!!!
just needed some sleep was all :D

I only had to invert the normals to get it looking proper ;D
I can now officially say I have the best converter :happy:

EDIT:
now I just need to get the plugin to order the data properly in the TMP before I can upgrade my obj plugin.

this is all that's in the TMP:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

pretty messy... DX
manual conversion using that was a pain DX

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

June 22, 2011, 01:40:33 PM #1553 Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 01:46:32 PM by xxmasal22xx
YEA TECH! From readin mah siggy, we all know you love 69....but.....never guessed you meant 69 times the epicness!!! :D

Oh guys, just remember one thing though. This means nothing until we get one midel working in brawl. Not an MDL0 either. It needs to be an obj, mdl, dat. etc converted to mdl0 in brawl. Jus sayin.
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]




Quote from: EternalYoshi on June 22, 2011, 07:57:03 PMThat's great. BTW, how do you nullify normals?
??
nullify??
(not sure of what you're trying to accomplish...)

tbh, the only conversion I did was verts and faces...
the faces then calculated the normals... heh

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

June 22, 2011, 09:28:04 PM #1557 Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:30:46 PM by TommoPuppy
I think he's probably talking about how some vertex hacks still have the shading of the original model, caused by the normals apparently. When getting rid of that shading we call it nullifying normals.

I'm still kinda.. not-good with my modelling lingo, but I assume since you're recalculating the normals upon conversion that it won't be an issue anymore... right?

Converter progress is looking sooo awesome btw.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on June 22, 2011, 09:28:04 PMI think he's probably talking about how some vertex hacks still have the shading of the original model, caused by the normals apparently. When getting rid of that shading we call it nullifying normals. I'm still kinda.. not-good with my modelling lingo, but I assume since you're recalculating the normals upon conversion that it won't be an issue anymore... right? Converter progress is looking sooo awesome btw.

sry bout messing up your post in the quote...
the thing's being dumb DX

and like, I'm still not sure exactly what you mean :/
I'm starting to get an idea however :)
(I suck at brawl's terms)

this is literally all I'm worrying about atm:
< faces 35668 4;1189:1028:918:::::::|1157:996:914:::::::|1166:1005:912:::::::|1158:997:913:::::::|...
< object 35668 35668
< vertices global 5.09375|0.59375|-1.375/6.171875|1.703125|-2.5625/4.390625|1.4375|-2.078125/2.296875|

it doesn't matter how you arrange the data in my format... as long as it's there...
(you can log bones backwards and mix them in with vectors if you want) ;)
my format's designed to be a bridge format for game formats...

the only hard part is figuring out how to order the data w/in the data

I still need a function that tell's weather the TMP uses local or global vectors
(the above example uses global vectors)

anyways...
back to my original point :P
I just havn't gotten around to logging the normals in the TMP...
the normals are for basically which direction the face will project a texture
(one side will be clear while the other side is a texture)
bi-normals are different they project on both sides of the face.


and yeh...
I've still got ALOT of work that needs to be done...
I'm currently on getting to the transform values.

if I can get everything working properly, I should be able to omit the transforms.
(meaning the model won't look morphed like Pichu below) ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

the point is to make models un-shaded, so the normal shading doesnt apply anymore...
this is usefull for characters like mario and luigi, cuz whatever u do with those straps from their pants, u'll still see them ^^