Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: the joker on June 22, 2011, 10:25:49 PMthe point is to make models un-shaded, so the normal shading doesnt apply anymore... this is usefull for characters like mario and luigi, cuz whatever u do with those straps from their pants, u'll still see them ^^

you're prbly talking about something controlled by the shaders...
or the nodes >_>

note in brbx, the shaders are named improperly...
the ACTUAL shaders are part of the materials
what you're looking at in brbx is the nodes

*sigh*
kryal you idiot... this is exactly what I was trying to avoid DX

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

June 22, 2011, 11:20:45 PM #1561 Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:04:24 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Tcll on June 22, 2011, 11:18:52 PM

you're prbly talking about something controlled by the shaders...
or the nodes >_>

note in brbx, the shaders are named improperly...
the ACTUAL shaders are part of the materials
what you're looking at in brbx is the nodes

*sigh*
kryal you idiot... this is exactly what I was trying to avoid DX

That's not the problem at all. I'd post a picture if I had one.

...the "Scale All" button works now :af:
You can now scale an entire moveset up as much as you want. What it does is goes through each keyframe for the bone name you type in, removes the scale keyframes and then sets one scale keyframe right on the first frame.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 22, 2011, 11:20:45 PMThat's not the problem at all. I'd post a picture if I had one. ...the "Scale All" button works now :af: You can now scale an entire moveset up as much as you want. What it does is goes through each keyframe for the bone name you type in, removes the scale keyframes and then sets one scale keyframe right on the first frame.
Yay, Mass Produce Scaling.

Quote from: SmashClash on June 23, 2011, 02:55:59 AM
Yay, Mass Produce Scaling.

I....I can't believe it!  Yesz!!!  :af2:
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

Excellent. For an example of what I'm talking about, look at Gengar before and after.
Before.
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2016/al1012240110binout.jpg

After
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7909/al1103290535binout.jpg

I want to able to do that (or getting rid of the shaders in ther words) on the Mega Man model over Ness in my hex editor. How would I go about doing that?

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on June 23, 2011, 07:10:48 AM
Excellent. For an example of what I'm talking about, look at Gengar before and after.
Before.
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2016/al1012240110binout.jpg

After
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7909/al1103290535binout.jpg

I want to able to do that (or getting rid of the shaders in ther words) on the Mega Man model over Ness in my hex editor. How would I go about doing that?

Get the normals data and replace it all with 00's (not the header, though).
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Quote from: VILE on June 23, 2011, 08:27:37 AM
Get the normals data and replace it all with 00's (not the header, though).
in hex or in brlbox??

well, I just tested the normals and UV's:


^click to enlarge

I've tested the normals in blender...
apparently they're all inverted, meaning it regenerates the normals instead of reading them as is
Q3D shows you the normals as they are in the obj (quite a mess)

btw, making the normals 0 will make the model display the faces from the inside...
or outside depending on the face position >_>

the face will project toward the normal's position

and you can also see I've gotten the UV's imported :)
they should be imported perfectly :D

now I just have to work on seperating the objects

note: this is still manual conversion
I still need a good method of telling weather vectors are global or local

I'm thinking to use a setting:
< setting vertices:global;normals:global
< setting uvs:global
; uvs will be applied to all channels

but IDK yet...

anyone got any better ideas??


btw, I only write them as that because I'll be doing a sort of XML style with them

< setting [ value goes here ]

you can order the values in any way you prefer, as long as they're seperateded with a ;
I'll have a better description in the documentation of what to do ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: VILE on June 23, 2011, 08:27:37 AM
Get the normals data and replace it all with 00's (not the header, though).

Thanks, that should be help for my Doc Mario.

well that went easier than expected... heh

^click to enlarge

if you're curious as to why the object name is 32428,
I have it named after it's offset in the DAT

the DAT contains no strings, so this is the best option for naming the objects




EDIT:
btw KTH
I just explained in my last post that changing the normals to 0 won't work

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on June 23, 2011, 01:11:01 PM
btw KTH
I just explained in my last post that changing the normals to 0 won't work

Argh, ok.


Quote from: LordNOaH on June 23, 2011, 05:05:37 PMhex, unless brawlbox is suddenly showing hex now.

what part of my previous posts do you not understand

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on June 23, 2011, 06:15:27 PM

what part of my previous posts do you not understand

Did you not see the picture of gengar?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 23, 2011, 06:42:40 PMDid you not see the picture of gengar?
indeed I did

but setting the normals to 0 won't do that...

we need to disable shadows in the material's shaders

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.