Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Scott Pilgrim on July 03, 2011, 01:25:52 AMLulz. Why do people have problems with RAR? No one has WinRAR installed or the millions of free RAR extracters out there? :srs:
I honestly don't have too big of a problem :)

zip is more convenient instead of having to use an extractor
(using windows to open a zip)

7z extracts rar's just fine...
but any archive other than zip is just a pain to handle

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

But I greatly prefer 7zip/WinRAR's extractors to the built-in windows one. It requires less clicks for extracting, and opening them up in WinRAR is almost like opening them as a folder anyway.

And besides, who cares.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on July 03, 2011, 04:25:20 AMBut I greatly prefer 7zip/WinRAR's extractors to the built-in windows one. It requires less clicks for extracting, and opening them up in WinRAR is almost like opening them as a folder anyway. And besides, who cares.
are you talking about using the extraction wizard??

pheh... that thing's a LOC XDD
just click and drag as you would in WEx
that's why I prefer it over 7z

and winrar is dumb
it's just like 7z, but doesn't extract as many formats... heh

but I'm not here to argue...
just pointing out a fact...

carry on people... don't mind me XDD


EDIT:
btw... if anyone's curious...
I'm currently working on an MDL0 material-node structure seperator.

it just simply logs this into a txt named after the MDL0:

61 FE FF FF F0 - BP Mask FFFFF0
61 F7 00 38 C0 -     KSel[1] 0038CA
61 29 3B F3 BF -     TRef[1] 3BF3BF
61 C4 08 0F EF -     ColEnv[2] 080FEF
00 00 00 00 00 -     NOP
61 C5 08 1F F0 -     AlpEnv[2] 081FF0
00 00 00 00 00 -     NOP
61 12 00 00 00 -     Cmd[2] 000000



it's use is for figuring out node structures that havn't been found yet...

currently there's only these 2:
BP Mask 0xFFFFF0
BP Mask 0x00000F

the stuctures defined in the shaders are also taken note of...
just need to actually jot something down about them XD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

But that's what I'm saying. Opening it up and extracting is two steps. Right-click-dragging to the destination and clicking "extract here" is one. :P I don't use the crappy wizard. That's WHY I have WinRAR/7Zip. If I do need to open up the archive to check what's in it i use the built-in Windows one for Zip and WinRAR/7Zip for everything else, but having one-click extract in the context menu is very handy

Quote from: TommoPuppy on July 03, 2011, 08:42:59 AMBut that's what I'm saying. Opening it up and extracting is two steps. Right-click-dragging to the destination and clicking "extract here" is one. :P I don't use the crappy wizard. That's WHY I have WinRAR/7Zip. If I do need to open up the archive to check what's in it i use the built-in Windows one for Zip and WinRAR/7Zip for everything else, but having one-click extract in the context menu is very handy


the main reason I prefer the Windows ZIP utility is because I handle zip files like folders...
unfortunatly 7z only handles it's format like that, and the others just extract...
but I have no need for the others anyways :P

although LZH and DGC are better than 7z... >.>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

It doesn't matter what you all think about WinRAR/7Zip/whatever extractor, this certainly isn't the place to discuss it.
Back on topic plz.

thank you ds22

it may have seemed like it, but as I stated before,
I really don't want to argue about it...

what I'm currently looking at are the node structures

has anyone found any other structures other than 'fffff0' or '00000f'??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Here's some progress on the DAE Importer. I've been working on it to try and get it to import any DAE, regardless of where it has been exported from. So far I've made some progress.
This one was exported from 3DS Max 8 (Miku Hatsune):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Oh teh noez! Where is the mesh? Why is there a random ball on the ground? Well, it looks like it didn't import the primitives, except for some random ball. :srs:
BUT, it did import the vertices:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So as soon as I figure out why the primitives don't import for some daes, you should be able to import any dae, exported from anywhere, even regardless of the dae version (as long as it's 140 or 141).

Is there a program in existence or could one of your geniuses include this in Brawlbox?  I would like something that would resize everything in a .brres file by multiplication.  FortWaffles program is nice, however it only does one at a time and this can be very tedious, given the amount of objects I (or anyone else) have to enlarge, I believe this would be extremely helpful.  If you guys can't get around to it I do understand and thank you all very much for the epic tools you are making!  :af2:
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

Quote from: TruePhilosopher on July 03, 2011, 10:05:38 PMIs there a program in existence or could one of your geniuses include this in Brawlbox?  I would like something that would resize everything in a .brres file by multiplication.  FortWaffles program is nice, however it only does one at a time and this can be very tedious, given the amount of objects I (or anyone else) have to enlarge, I believe this would be extremely helpful.  If you guys can't get around to it I do understand and thank you all very much for the epic tools you are making!  :af2:
i think it is needing anyway for .dae importer if the model is really big
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: TruePhilosopher on July 03, 2011, 10:05:38 PM
Is there a program in existence or could one of your geniuses include this in Brawlbox?  I would like something that would resize everything in a .brres file by multiplication.  FortWaffles program is nice, however it only does one at a time and this can be very tedious, given the amount of objects I (or anyone else) have to enlarge, I believe this would be extremely helpful.  If you guys can't get around to it I do understand and thank you all very much for the epic tools you are making!  :af2:

Do you mean scale up models or scale up animations? Because scaling up all the animations is the only way to properly scale up a model and have it appear in-game without it looking strange. Fortwaffle's model resizer has never worked correctly for me o_O


I mean to scale up all the animations.  FortWaffles program scales up the models which you can then copy/paste to the animations, but it's a pain in the butt as it only does the very first .mdl0 in the .brres file.  I noticed yours does it via bone name, which is epic I have to say!  But what I'm looking to do is scale up all animation data in the entire .brres file as in my case, I have all the bones named differently as to not mess up the placement of the models.
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

If you want to resize many different models by a different amount, you can just scale up each one by resizing each one's base bone seperately.
Or do you want to resize every single bone in every animation in the brres?
Sorry, I don't understand exactly what you mean, you might have to explain a little bit more >_<

I'm pretty sure FW's doesn't do it based on animation....
Ex: resizing a bomb in its item animation only changes it in that animation.
With FW's, it stays the same size. Always.

Sorry if I'm being hard to understand...

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 03, 2011, 11:51:36 PM
I'm pretty sure FW's doesn't do it based on animation....
Ex: resizing a bomb in its item animation only changes it in that animation.
With FW's, it stays the same size. Always.

Sorry if I'm being hard to understand...

Yeah, I know that (if @ me). It resizes the whole model, so technically it still has a scale of 1 in any animation. The problem with it is that sometimes it messes up the (literal) polygons.