Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 03, 2011, 11:56:22 PM #1770 Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:00:38 AM by TruePhilosopher
Yeah FW's only changes the model data not the animation data.

I'll try to clarify what I would like to be able to do:  What I would like to do is to have the ability to enlarge every single models animation data by a certain variable, within a .brres file.

Say for instance I have X amount of models I want enlarged in ModelData[101].brres, however each model's bone has a different name. I want to be able to make larger or smaller every bones (regardless of name) animation or model data at once if it's possible.

Edit:  I agree that FW's method can seriously mess up the polygons of some models. >_<
It seems the more intricate the model, the more it screws it up. :\
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

Oh I see what you want to do. The only problem with that is the program can't automatically determine which bone is the one that it needs to scale for each model, since each one has a different name. I'd have to build an interface to let you choose how many models you want to scale, and then require you to input each one's base bone name. If you were to scale up EVERY bone and not ONLY the base bone, well let's just say it definitely wouldn't be pretty... :srs:
I might add something like that later, but I've already added a lot of animation editing tools for now.

Ah I see.  Manual labor it is then! Haha.  Anyways thank you very much for listening to my idea.  ;D

Good luck with finishing your Brawlbox and DAE converter!  :angel:
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

well I'm back to my wii for a bit, because people are dumb

there's a possibility I may be on tomorrow, but it's not for certain though so don't get too excited...

yes I've just moved again DX

I'm gonna be here for nearly 2 weeks before I have to move again...

so yea... fun...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 04, 2011, 03:26:32 AM
well I'm back to my wii for a bit, because people are dumb

there's a possibility I may be on tomorrow, but it's not for certain though so don't get too excited...

yes I've just moved again DX

I'm gonna be here for nearly 2 weeks before I have to move again...

so yea... fun...

Hey Tcll, check out mai artificially created primitives :3



I actually have no clue if these are correct because I just followed VILE's notes and did the opposite of what Kryal did to extract the primitives, but they look normal. Plus it's really only one triangle primitive, and freaking tons of triangle points.

Any closer to figuring out that mesh importing beg, then?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 05, 2011, 12:47:14 AM
Any closer to figuring out that mesh importing beg, then?

Yeah, I figured it out. It's because when a node with the NodeType NODE shows up in a dae before the nodes with the NodeType JOINT, Kryal tries to load the bones when they aren't parsed. In daes that are version 140, nodes with the NodeType NODE show up after the JOINTs. It's the other way around for daes that are version 141. I've tried a few different techniques, like parsing the JOINTs first, and it did work for a few models, but others it would lead to an "Overflow Error." I just have to add a little bit more code to the importer to parse some things that only dae 141s have in them.

So importing models that were exported from 3ds Max 8 will be possible. I'll post the required export settings later.

not bad :D
I can't really look at it right now as I don't have my comp =3=
but umm...

I see you didn't convert to primitives...

that's what triangles will do

if you can reverse that and get that into primitives,
you'd be saving alot of file space for thatexact model :)

the most you could get out of that would be:
triangles (very few)
triangle strips
quads.


heh
and a new idea for me:
quad strips :D

works like this:

this quad strip:
12345678
will give you 3 quads:
1234
3456
5678

you'd only get 2 quads if they were the 'quad' primitive


so yes, I've just invented a new primitive type :D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

July 05, 2011, 10:13:10 PM #1778 Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:25:21 PM by BlackJax96
1st: I need to know how to write Triangles, Lines and Points.

2nd: I need to know how to write weights and the object defs.

3rd: In order to do the above, I need to do the exact opposite of what Kryal's extracting code does. Here's a very small clip of his code, which I just barely understand:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Plus, Kryal clearly announces that he's processing the objects blindly >_>
...and I thought Brawlbox itself was hard to understand. Learning how Brawlbox worked was just the beginning of how tough this code is. That's probably why anyone who tried finishing it, quit. :srs: Pointers are CONFUSING as HELL to work with. (They're the little asterisk * things)
Don't worry, I'm not qutting, but this may take a LONG time to figure out...
It sucks that I'm coding this stuff alone though DX *Cranks up music* LET'S DO THIS

I see. This helps the outsiders like me grasp a better understanding of the situation.
Take your time.
I'm willing to have the demo update be a Christmas present if it means that all the bugs are fixed. :)

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 05, 2011, 10:29:36 PM
I see. This helps the outsiders like me grasp a better understanding of the situation.
Take your time.
I'm willing to have the demo update be a Christmas present if it means that all the bugs are fixed. :)

Phew thanks, that makes me feel better X) That's why I don't like setting release dates.

Redid the Naruto rig with a better model:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Figured out that the problem I have with importing is somehow caused by the bones.
It may be caused by the Autodesk Collada exporter (as I tried to re-import it with the Autodesk Collada export plug-in and it was all messed up, while exporting it with OpenCollada and re-importing it with either OpenCollada or Autodesk Collada, it seems fine), so having support for more Collada exporters may help.

a gloat is required here as I've known this about brbx :P
it just further complicates everything...

yeh... I'm trying to figure out a better way than that >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 06, 2011, 12:48:54 AM
a gloat is required here as I've known this about brbx :P
it just further complicates everything...

yeh... I'm trying to figure out a better way than that >_>

*sarcastic laughing*

Quote from: ds22 on July 05, 2011, 11:42:21 PMRedid the Naruto rig with a better model:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Figured out that the problem I have with importing is somehow caused by the bones. It may be caused by the Autodesk Collada exporter (as I tried to re-import it with the Autodesk Collada export plug-in and it was all messed up, while exporting it with OpenCollada and re-importing it with either OpenCollada or Autodesk Collada, it seems fine), so having support for more Collada exporters may help.
awesome :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later