Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

It doesn't XD

But it's cool that you've nearly gotten any dae to work.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 10, 2011, 09:00:00 PM
It doesn't XD

But it's cool that you've nearly gotten any dae to work.

Its cool? its COOL? NO! THATS MUTHA FLIPPIN EPIC! THIS cake is NOT a lie!!!
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: xxmasal22xx on July 11, 2011, 12:47:19 AM
Its cool? its COOL? NO! THATS MUTHA FLIPPIN EPIC! THIS cake is NOT a lie!!!

Unless it's pie that looks like cake. Then saying that you get cake would be a lie.

Again, the problems with importing probably has nothing to do with you being on a 64-bit OS. As I said before, I'm on 64-bit Windows 7 and it's working fine. Stop using OpenCollada and it should work fine if you switch the nodes.

Although BlackJax96 said this might not always work, it's worked for me every time, so I'd still give it a try. I honestly don't think he should worry about the problem since it's clearly the DAE being imported and not the OS.

...Then again, he did say he could import the OpenCollada format just fine, so if the OS IS the reason you can't import OC DAEs, then just use a different plugin. It's that easy.

Those using 3ds Max 8 can get the Autodesk FBX + Collada exporter here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10204944

3ds max 9 and up should have the autodesk collada export built in.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 01:25:07 AM
Again, the problems with importing probably has nothing to do with you being on a 64-bit OS. As I said before, I'm on 64-bit Windows 7 and it's working fine. Stop using OpenCollada and it should work fine if you switch the nodes.

Although BlackJax96 said this might not always work, it's worked for me every time, so I'd still give it a try. I honestly don't think he should worry about the problem since it's clearly the DAE being imported and not the OS.

...Then again, he did say he could import the OpenCollada format just fine, so if the OS IS the reason you can't import OC DAEs, then just use a different plugin. It's that easy.

Those using 3ds Max 8 can get the Autodesk FBX + Collada exporter here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10204944

3ds max 9 and up should have the autodesk collada export built in.
I'll have to test blender 2.5x's plugins...

if my assumptions are correct,
140 and 141 should already be included, and working perfectly ;)

the main Q is if they'll work with Brbx >_>

I personally think they should though :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 11, 2011, 02:11:45 AM
I'll have to test blender 2.5x's plugins...

if my assumptions are correct,
140 and 141 should already be included, and working perfectly ;)

the main Q is if they'll work with Brbx >_>

I personally think they should though :)

hahaha yeah the variety of Collada formats really is ridiculous isn't it?
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 01:25:07 AM
Again, the problems with importing probably has nothing to do with you being on a 64-bit OS. As I said before, I'm on 64-bit Windows 7 and it's working fine. Stop using OpenCollada and it should work fine if you switch the nodes.

Although BlackJax96 said this might not always work, it's worked for me every time, so I'd still give it a try. I honestly don't think he should worry about the problem since it's clearly the DAE being imported and not the OS.

...Then again, he did say he could import the OpenCollada format just fine, so if the OS IS the reason you can't import OC DAEs, then just use a different plugin. It's that easy.

Those using 3ds Max 8 can get the Autodesk FBX + Collada exporter here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10204944

3ds max 9 and up should have the autodesk collada export built in.

So that's why 3ds Max 2010 works so well whenever I import daes I've exported using it. I figured it was the plugin, but I didn't know there was an Autodesk Collada exporter plugin for 3ds Max 8. Should I stop worrying about trying to fix the node glitch, since you can just switch them? That'd be nice for now, since I need to focus my attention to finishing the model rebuilder (so imported models can be built as an MDL0 from scratch). I'll be sure to put that plugin download on the OP too. Thanks for getting that :)

Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. Switching them is incredibly easy, I wouldn't worry about it.

Glad I could help! :)
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 11, 2011, 02:39:56 AM
So that's why 3ds Max 2010 works so well whenever I import daes I've exported using it. I figured it was the plugin, but I didn't know there was an Autodesk Collada exporter plugin for 3ds Max 8. Should I stop worrying about trying to fix the node glitch, since you can just switch them? That'd be nice for now, since I need to focus my attention to finishing the model rebuilder (so imported models can be built as an MDL0 from scratch). I'll be sure to put that plugin download on the OP too. Thanks for getting that :)
O.o
I have the plugin dude...
I'm just not installing 3DS as I'm tired of it screwing me over,
and I hate the commands being mapped out in the GUI >_>
(I prefer the KBd)

@Justin712:
IKR...

tbh, it's not so much the seperate versions,
but it's more of the way the version is formatted based on the program that writes it...

freakin outragous >:O

EDIT:
heh
blender 2.49's 140 exporter doesn't export the stuff required for the import script...

PHAIL :srs:

if my assumptions are right, that should be fixed in 2.5x

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 11, 2011, 03:25:31 AM
heh
blender 2.49's 140 exporter doesn't export the stuff required for the import script...

PHAIL :srs:

if my assumptions are right, that should be fixed in 2.5x

Blender doesn't even export the flippin' skin (which is practically everything), last time I tried exporting a dae from it :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 11, 2011, 03:35:04 AM
Blender doesn't even export the flippin' skin (which is practically everything), last time I tried exporting a dae from it :srs:

orly

that much I didn't know... >_>

I'll have to look into that...

meh...
actually I won't...

2.58 is stable enough to where I can DL it,
and all the import/export scripts have been revamped...

so I'll just get that
(all they're doing is cleaning up) :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Speaking of the skin, I just thought I would point out that the 3ds max biped doesn't import correctly at all. I sort of expected this already considering how many problems other engines have with it, but I just thought I'd confirm it. Regular bones only it seems.

The results are pretty funny. The entire skeleton imports upside down, and translations to X will become translations to the Y axis instead and other such fun glitches. The importer works perfectly for manually-created skeletons though.

Here's a picture:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 04:37:36 AM
Speaking of the skin, I just thought I would point out that the 3ds max biped doesn't import correctly at all. I sort of expected this already considering how many problems other engines have with it, but I just thought I'd confirm it. Regular bones only it seems.

The results are pretty funny. The entire skeleton imports upside down, and translations to X will become translations to the Y axis instead and other such fun glitches. The importer works perfectly for manually-created skeletons though.

Here's a picture:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Whoa O_o Is there any difference between manually created bones and the bones a biped uses? If you re-import that dae into 3ds Max, it's not messed up? Could the bone matrix possibly be backwards? I've overused this statement, but that's really weird >_<

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 11, 2011, 04:42:52 AM
Whoa O_o Is there any difference between manually created bones and the bones a biped uses? If you re-import that dae into 3ds Max, it's not messed up? Could the bone matrix possibly be backwards? I've overused this statement, but that's really weird >_<

Yeah I should be more specific. Regular bipeds probably work fine, but I'll have to test them. I'm not sure whether it's because 3ds max's biped uses inverse** kinematics or whether it's just something strange about how 3ds max's bipeds were made.

Basically if your biped doesn't look all detailed like this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

you're probably good.

** I always get those two confused hahaha
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 04:55:15 AM
Yeah I should be more specific. Regular bipeds probably work fine, but I'll have to test them. I'm not sure whether it's because 3ds max's biped uses forward kinematics or whether it's just something strange about how 3ds max's bipeds were made.

Basically if your biped doesn't look all detailed like this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

you're probably good.


I'm gonna have to agree with you there. XD
MDL0s aren't a super detailed model format anyways.