Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ds22 on July 11, 2011, 05:06:23 PM
Well, I'm not getting it.
I don't know if you do get it when trying to export this particular model.

Do you still have that UV modifier on? Try removing it temporarily and export that (even if the textures look bad or something)

edit: 666th post... :>.>:

I'm using a whole new model of which I didn't have to manipulate the UV's, so I don't have them on.

Quote from: ds22 on July 11, 2011, 05:13:18 PM
I'm using a whole new model of which I didn't have to manipulate the UV's, so I don't have them on.

You don't have any modifiers on (except skin and editable mesh)? I don't know how this would help, but try selecting everything in the scene and clicking "export selected."


Quote from: ds22 on July 11, 2011, 05:29:16 PM
Nope, still didn't help.
I'm at worlds end here.

Try exporting it as, let's say, .3ds (or any of the best formats to export to), re-import it, and then export it as dae.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 11, 2011, 05:35:24 PMTry exporting it as, let's say, .3ds (or any of the best formats to export to), re-import it, and then export it as dae.
hey BJ...

instead of exporting to DAE which seems to be very buggy,
why not export to blend and 3DS,
and support importing from them as well :/

the blend format is not as complicated as it sounds ;)

it works similar to an inverse of the NTFS file structure...
basic blend structure:
_______________

BLENDER_v249
DATA
DATA
DATA
DATA
DATA
DATA
SDNA
ENDB
_______________

there are more structure types than that:
NAME
TYPE
TLEN
STRC

for a reference, see here: http://www.atmind.nl/blender/mystery_ot_blend.html

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 11, 2011, 05:56:25 PM
hey BJ...

instead of exporting to DAE which seems to be very buggy,
why not export to blend and 3DS,
and support importing from them as well :/

the blend format is not as complicated as it sounds ;)

it works similar to an inverse of the NTFS file structure...
basic overview:
_______________

BLENDER_v249
DATA
DATA
DATA
DATA
DATA
DATA
SDNA
ENDB
_______________

there are more structure types than that:
NAME
TYPE
TLEN
STRC

for a reference, see here: http://www.atmind.nl/blender/mystery_ot_blend.html

Yeah sure, let me completely ditch the model rebuilder and dae parser and spend another year creating two other parsers that will work better, and then go back to working on the model rebuilder.

I don't think so.

why must you always get so up-tight when I present a better solution to a problem :/

I never said anything about ditching the DAE parser...
I'm just saying you may want to leave it alone and work on something a bit easier >_>





and I also have a complaint: (to mods/admins)

why has this () started acting up recently?? :/

it seems to not register '\n' aka '<br />' now
I have to use this () which is more of an inconveinence

is the forum host doing this or is this on the forum creator?? :/

this also happens when quoting a thread post (when not in the middle of replying) :/
(I don't mind this too much though as I can simply append the quote to the reply)

but hey...
the small things end up being the biggest problems ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 11, 2011, 06:11:23 PM
why must you always get so up-tight when I present a better solution to a problem :/

I never said anything about ditching the DAE parser...
I'm just saying you may want to leave it alone and work on something a bit easier >_>

How in the world do you think that creating an entire format parser from scratch is easier than fixing one bug in the dae parser? That's, by far, not a better solution.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 11, 2011, 06:13:50 PMHow in the world do you think that creating an entire format parser from scratch is easier than fixing one bug in the dae parser? That's, by far, not a better solution.
*sigh*
have you ever had to completely restructure your code because of a single bug??

because I have... twice >:O
I'm just trying to save you the pain :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 11, 2011, 06:16:42 PM
*sigh*
have you ever had to completely restructure your code because of a single bug??

because I have... twice >:O
I'm just trying to save you the pain :)

You'd cause moar pain if I did everything you told me to D: I'd still rather restructure the dae parser than create a completely new parser o_o

BJ, wtf is wrong with animation in your BrlBx????? Im working on animations for sora over marth, and everytime i fix a frame, and go to the next frame, the hand moves from where it was in the previous frames...

So i put the hand back where it was, for every frame, then move on to the next one to position. BUT AGAIN the hand randomly moves!!!!!
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 11, 2011, 06:19:54 PMYou'd cause moar pain if I did everything you told me to D: I'd still rather restructure the dae parser than create a completely new parser o_o
you may end up having to restructure more than just the parser...
like I had to do...

it's more pain than it's worth...


although...
you may have to restructure the same code
just to prevent the same problem from happening on a new parser :/

(why I had to restructure my converter) -_-

EDIT:
Quote from: xxmasal22xx on July 11, 2011, 06:21:31 PMBJ, wtf is wrong with animation in your BrlBx????? Im working on animations for sora over marth, and everytime i fix a frame, and go to the next frame, the hand moves from where it was in the previous frames... So i put the hand back where it was, for every frame, then move on to the next one to position. BUT AGAIN the hand randomly moves!!!!!
you're still animating on every frame D:

dude...
that's not how you animate DX

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on July 11, 2011, 06:24:38 PM
EDIT: you're still animating on every frame D:

dude...
that's not how you animate DX

No, i need to FIX the animations. I offered to fix them for the project. BUT whenever i do fix a frame, and go back to that frame after i fix a few more, it resets to its original position. Ive had to fix [censored] like 4 times now and its really pissing me off!
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]