Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

I'm finishing the model rebuilder.

No more code fixes and no more updates until it works. Every time I update, I have to change code around to make the source stable, since the model rebuilder doesn't work yet.

If you've got a problem, post it in the help thread. Don't pm me to help you fix it, I'm tired of that. If there's some kind of fatal error, post it on the thread, don't pm me. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but it's for the benefit of everyone. I need to focus on the task at hand, not add requests and fix errors.

I just want to get a freakin' DAE into Brawl. I've already added tons of features for you guys, you don't need any more for a while.

This post wasn't directed at anyone in particular, I just get way too many random requests and pms about problems. :P

Quote from: xxmasal22xx on July 11, 2011, 06:33:28 PM
No, i need to FIX the animations. I offered to fix them for the project. BUT whenever i do fix a frame, and go back to that frame after i fix a few more, it resets to its original position. Ive had to fix [censored] like 4 times now and its really pissing me off!

Use [censored] Brawlbox v0.63d, problem solved.

I have to agree with BlackJax96. Like half the people in the thread aren't having any problems with the importer, so I wouldn't just give up on the Collada format. You can't really come this far just to start over, especially when the problem with the variation of the format can be easily worked around.

Also ds22 pm me that model of yours and I'll see if I can tell ya what's goin' on.

Quote from: xxmasal22xx on July 11, 2011, 06:43:29 PM
All i fuxin did was ask a question so chill the fux out! So then the problem is your brlbx? or no?

Also as Tcll stated, your problem isn't brawlbox at all. You need to delete some of those keyframes you're making otherwise your bones are just going to warp since they don't have any in-between frames to interpolate.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

@Justin712
Sent you the model.
Hopefully you can get it to work.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 08:36:30 PM
Also ds22 pm me that model of yours and I'll see if I can tell ya what's goin' on.

Hopefully you can get ds22's model to import. We've been unable to import it for months now, and still don't really know why O_o

Also, I've made some progress on the model rebuilder. I'll upload a model and two objects that were created by Brawlbox in a minute. The model still has errors writing bones though, and I still have to figure some things out in the objects, like the vertex specs, vertex format flags, and an area below the influence indexes that contains more flags.

So basically, if it doesn't work with this anymore, go back to BrawlBox .63d and try again.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Wow, I know what you mean. It took me about an hour to get it to import. The cause of the problem is that his model uses multiple textures per object, and as you stated earlier the mdl0 format only supports 1 per object. I had to reassign 3 different default gray 3ds max materials to each of the objects. Also the mesh wasn't really skinned to the brawl skeleton, and it was just sorta floating over it, so I replaced that with a single bone to make sure that didn't cause any problems. If I had access to the textures for this model I could see whether it affected them at all. My guess would be that his eyes might not have the right textures or something, but it could be that there aren't any problems at all.

Also once the model is actually rigged perfectly to the brawl skeleton I'll re-import it using that for ya.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Tempo_ on July 11, 2011, 09:20:07 PM
So basically, if it doesn't work with this anymore, go back to BrawlBox .63d and try again.

Yeah. I'm not working on anything other than the model rebuilder. I have to finish this thing.

Here's some test exports. Two objects and the mdl0. The mdl0 will say corrupted if you open it in Brawlbox, so the only way to see the progress I've made is in a hex editor.
http://www.mediafire.com/?65kjohqdbqmlagw

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 09:29:21 PM
Also once the model is actually rigged perfectly to the brawl skeleton I'll re-import it using that for ya.

You sir, are epic. Do you have a lot of experience in 3ds Max? You could probably help a lot of people here get models ready to import into Brawl.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 09:29:21 PM
Wow, I know what you mean. It took me about an hour to get it to import. The cause of the problem is that his model uses multiple textures per object, and as you stated earlier the mdl0 format only supports 1 per object. I had to reassign 3 different default gray 3ds max materials to each of the objects. Also the mesh wasn't really skinned to the brawl skeleton, and it was just sorta floating over it, so I replaced that with a single bone to make sure that didn't cause any problems. If I had access to the textures for this model I could see whether it affected them at all. My guess would be that his eyes might not have the right textures or something, but it could be that there aren't any problems at all.

Also once the model is actually rigged perfectly to the brawl skeleton I'll re-import it using that for ya.
So you actually got to import, just without the Ike skeleton?
Also, if you need the textures, you can get them from this DL: http://www.models-resource.com/wii_gamecube/narutoclashoftheninjarevolution3/sheet/1124

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 11, 2011, 09:32:55 PM
You sir, are epic. Do you have a lot of experience in 3ds Max? You could probably help a lot of people here get models ready to import into Brawl.

Hahaha, yeah I do actually. I've been on a lot of mod teams for Warcraft 3 and Valve's Source games.

Also the progress on that model rebuilder sounds pretty promising. Keep it up!

Quote from: ds22 on July 11, 2011, 09:38:56 PM
So you actually got to import, just without the Ike skeleton?

Yeah, but it's not the Ike skeleton causing the problems it's actually the textures. I'll rig the model correctly for ya after I see that I can import it with those textures you just gave me correctly.

Edit: Oh man the person who textured this did NOT make this easy hahaha. I think I might have to redo some of the uvs on this one too. Scratch that, the 3 diffuses are made perfectly this should be easy :)
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Anyway, thank you for taking time to help me out with this problem (a problem which haunted both me and BJ96).

No problem :)
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.


All fixed! Just needs Ike's skeleton.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 11, 2011, 09:55:57 PM
Justin712, could you fix this model up if you have the time

Sure, I'll take a look at it.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on July 11, 2011, 09:55:57 PM
Justin712, could you fix this model up if you have the time:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/ApSciModel.zip

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


No textures?
Edit: No bones either?


Just opened your model as xml. All the tags are reversed, except for asset and scene.

<COLLADA version="1.4.1">
<asset></asset>
<library_visual_scenes></library_visual_scenes>
<library_geometries></library_geometries>
<library_materials></library_materials>
<library_effects></library_effects>
<library_images></library_images>
<scene></scene>
</COLLADA>

You're gonna have to do some quick switching.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 10:04:16 PM
All fixed! Just needs Ike&#039;s skeleton.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Whoa, awesome! :happy:

Quote from: Justin712 on July 11, 2011, 10:04:16 PM
All fixed! Just needs Ike's skeleton.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sure, I'll take a look at it.
Sweet!
But are you going to use the skeleton I included or are you going to try and get a new one (just asking to make sure)?