Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PAT0 regulates how stage/character icons and preview pictures are linked.

Example of PAT0 editing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GtSpTQk0nk

PAT0 is also used for sprite models (example: the turtles and crabs in the Mario Bros. stage, the flags in the background in Castle Siege (that one has 8000 entries O_O))
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: ds22 on July 12, 2011, 10:34:55 PM
PAT0 regulates how stage/character icons and preview pictures are linked.

Example of PAT0 editing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GtSpTQk0nk

Ah, i c. So basically the CSS Organizer controls/edits PAT0 files?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


No, PAT0 controls the actual icon pictures and with what ID it should load.
The CSS Organizer just reorganizes there position.

Quote from: ds22 on July 12, 2011, 11:43:26 PM
No, PAT0 controls the actual icon pictures and with what ID it should load.
The CSS Organizer just reorganizes there position.

Oh, ok. I think i get it now.

Hey, does this look like i rigged it right to you?

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: xxmasal22xx on July 12, 2011, 11:57:12 PM
Oh, ok. I think i get it now.

Hey, does this look like i rigged it right to you?



Did you actually rig it with the skin modifier or just drag the bones to fit into the mesh?

lolollolRichter
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Quote from: ds22 on July 12, 2011, 10:27:12 PM
Your better of asking Justin712, since he said the way I rigged it wasn't good.

Was it rigged? When I got it all of the bones were on the skin modifier but all of the influences were set to 0. Was this just a problem with the import or did you not notice when ya got it? That'd probably explain why you didn't see the model section in the DAE file.

Quote from: xxmasal22xx on July 12, 2011, 10:32:17 PM
On that note, Justin712, can you help me out here?

A rigging tutorial you say? I might be able to do that.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 13, 2011, 01:04:18 AM
A rigging tutorial you say? I might be able to do that.

That'd be awesome dude! Thanx.Hopefully you can :af:
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: xxmasal22xx on July 13, 2011, 01:17:22 AM
That'd be awesome dude! Thanx.Hopefully you can :af:

Okay, but I'm warning you ahead of time - rigging is not for the faint of heart :laugh:
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 13, 2011, 01:26:47 AM
Okay, but I'm warning you ahead of time - rigging is not for the faint of heart :laugh:

lol, yea, i just finished fitting them into the mesh after like 3 hours of work....lol
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: Justin712 on July 13, 2011, 01:04:18 AM
Was it rigged? When I got it all of the bones were on the skin modifier but all of the influences were set to 0. Was this just a problem with the import or did you not notice when ya got it? That'd probably explain why you didn't see the model section in the DAE file.
I had it rigged, unless this isn't called rigged:

@BlackJack
"""Because the translations that actually change as the animation progresses, like TransN, aren't fixed using that method"""

they are very less characters that have a translation change during the Animation, plus the transN doesnt let the mesh to stretch


Quote from: SmashClash on July 12, 2011, 10:04:57 PM
He built off of 4.2 so it's 4.2 with added stuff. So I don't see how it could be better.

this statement is wrong. 4.2 got things that this brawlbox doesnt have. you can increasse the values by pressing shift+the arrow keys by 1 and just with arrows 0.1 and it renders it in real time. you dont need to press enter all the time.

"""Plus, 4.2 lags when you play an animation.This version doesn't.One of the few things 4.2 does better right now is PAT0 editing though."""

well I downloaded a programm called appbooster. So that fixes the laggs and it plays at brawl speed. so I dont have that Problem.


blue= quote


http://sonicbattlex.topgoo.net/forum
Join if youre a sonic fan!

Quote from: ds22 on July 13, 2011, 01:58:03 AM
I had it rigged, unless this isn't called rigged:

That's odd, that looks pretty well done. What format did I import it with again? Was it a max file?

And your model still didn't export right as a DAE? How does something like that happen?

Edit: OH! Man I'm dumb. Oddly enough, the first thing I tried to move were the fingers and I just assumed the entire thing wasn't rigged. You sir have my humblest apologies.  :af:

I'll post a picture of it with your rig too. Maybe that rotation problem will be gone.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on July 13, 2011, 02:09:18 AM
That's odd, that looks pretty well done. What format did I import it with again? Was it a max file?

And your model still didn't export right as a DAE? How does something like that happen?

Edit: OH! Man I'm dumb. Oddly enough, the first thing I tried to move were the fingers and I just assumed the entire thing wasn't rigged. You sir have my humblest apologies.  :af:

I'll post a picture of it with your rig too. Maybe that rotation problem will be gone?
what are you exporting from??

if blender, what version??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.