Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on August 03, 2011, 05:09:03 AMTcll just wants to boycott 3DS Max, so he's making things up. ;P Jokes, jokes.
well how else do I have a downloadable blend file on my forum with documentation of every other character I've tried then?? hmm
I think you've just epically been pwnd my man :af:

EDIT: missed the part where you said you were joking :P
*takes back previous statement... partially*
(leaves the nd part of the first Q and leaves it as a brag) :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on August 03, 2011, 01:50:13 PM
well how else do I have a downloadable blend file on my forum with documentation of every other character I've tried then?? hmm
I think you've just epically been pwnd my man :af:

EDIT: missed the part where you said you were joking :P
*takes back previous statement... partially*
(leaves the nd part of the first Q and leaves it as a brag) :P

I'm surprised you haven't found it suspicious yet that everyone around you is always epically pwned. :P

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 03, 2011, 04:17:57 PM
I'm surprised you haven't found it suspicious yet that everyone around you is always epically pwned. :P

I'm surprised that he hasn't been warned yet for constantly spamming your thread about how great blender is cause it's free >_>

He's starting to sound like those guys from team plasma XD

Also, I'll probably end up making my own skeletons, then once the mat is applied to it, move the head so I can add my own bones to the hair.

BTW: Should I add "twist" bones(IE: bones meant spasifically for twisting/correcting the polygon problem) to the skeleton if I want to import Alpha into Brawl? I never did like that annoying effect when you twisted a polygon too far one way and it looked like plastic tube twisted together >_> Especially hip bones and arm/leg joints

August 03, 2011, 07:37:57 PM #2388 Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:38:02 PM by BlackJax96
Another update:
1. I've sped up the model previewer in a different way this time. Just a little behind-the-scenes work. ;)

2. I've fixed some bugs dealing with v5 chr0s and changed unk3 to Loop (Loop used to be unk2 in the old Brawlbox).

3. I've added support for opening MRG files from Bleach Vs. Crusade. You can't rebuild the MRG files yet but you can save them as PAC/PCS files and export anything inside!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
:af:

4. I've fixed all bugs opening and saving v10 and v11 MDL0s. You can now open and edit them without errors. :P

5. I added support for editing the NodeId (the bone/influence the object is rigged to) of a single-bind object (meaning all the vertices in the object are weighted to the same bone). This is what I mean:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Using for vertex hack ftw!?

6. The model rebuilder still doesn't work in game... I can't figure out why the textures are overwriting the defs and still don't know why there are zerobytes at the end of the model. Brawlbox opens rebuilt mdl0s fine though...
I might have forgotten some other things I've changed. Oh well, I guess you guys will find them eventually :srs:

Hmm... can you possibly make brawlbox able to preview/export sounds from a brsar of different games other than brawl and of course brawl itself again? I don't care what format it is (Wave, ORG, MP3 etc) as long as it's not MIDI. It was able to preview sounds when it was still called smashbox so it's probably possible to add that in in this version.

I fear that is the only way I'm going to get my mits on some Supremely High quality DBZ sound effects to use in my machinimas. (I plan to complete Alvin Earthworms series after Aniverge Does his Captain Basilix psa/vertex. He already has mario and fire sonic, and we also have shadow over DK too.) Yes, I know about youtube, but that usually involves downloading the video and clipping it apart in a video editor.

Hey BJ, where's the download link? i was under the impression that you released modset 2.

Quote from: SuperSmasher on August 03, 2011, 08:10:30 PM
Hey BJ, where's the download link? i was under the impression that you released modset 2.

did you even read the post...

QuoteAnother update:

It's a progress report, not an update of the program.
If he was going to provide a link, he would've done so in the post...

he hasnt released a modset 2 yet... he's still working on that, and will most likely release it wen the model rebuilder works for in game.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Well, BrawlBox can open .pac files which would actually freeze the game...

I guess that this is similar.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

@NaruZeldaMaster

sorry but i had a feeling there was not a link yet but the following sentence is the last sentence from BJ's post

"Oh well, I guess you guys will find them eventually"

thats what had confused me again sorry

@NZM...
not nowhere in that post of mine does it say anything about blender being free...

I was just talking about it being more conveinent than 3DS
(as I'm one for conveinence)

and I havn't been warned because I'm not spamming
(spamming is constant posting about the same thing w/in a certain number of posts)
^well post count doesn't really matter, but still

anyways...
I'm stuck dead in the water here with UMC as I still havn't figured out how  to use the new method for retrieving the data...
(from the relocation groups)

I was thinking there was a list containing the data,
with the data index in the list being equal to the offset ID

but there's a few problems with that theory >_>
1: ID values are not ordered accordingly
2: verts and normals have the same IDs

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Um it's not the thing about being free...
It's the "come to the blender side" argument that annoyed me. *shrug*
I mean really, if people want to use blender, they will, but if they want to use 3DS Max, just let them.

That's why I made the "Team Plasma" joke lol you were (yes past tense ^+^ I'm glad u stopped trying to force that argument.) constantly telling people who like to use 3DS Max to use blender.

On topic: I'm pleased to see that both of you are making progress, it sounds like we're all in for a big breakthrough soon. Not soon soon, but soon XD

You guys are doing great!  I'm soooooo importing some characters when this is released.

At any rate is there any way to link the copy/paste function of one Brawlbox window to another? I think this would be very helpful for some things, such as animation translation.
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

Check this out:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


If you can guess what's different from previewing Nel in Brawlbox v0.63d, you get a cookie.

Quote from: TruePhilosopher on August 04, 2011, 12:37:09 AM
You guys are doing great!  I'm soooooo importing some characters when this is released.

At any rate is there any way to link the copy/paste function of one Brawlbox window to another? I think this would be very helpful for some things, such as animation translation.


I dunno, maybe.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 04, 2011, 04:08:19 AM
Check this out:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


If you can guess what's different from previewing Nel in Brawlbox v0.63d, you get a cookie.

I dunno, maybe.
:happy: Undo/Redo buttons?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]