Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: DSX8 on August 11, 2011, 08:55:12 PMthis popped into my head when i was taking a shower like 40mins ago... does this brawlbox (the next modset beta that is), automatically hex the models itself? and if so, does it do it for every mdl0 type?
yes ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Quote from: DSX8 on August 11, 2011, 09:24:21 PM:af2: YAY!!! wait.... ur not joking aroumd, arnt u?
I helped hi- well... more like he helped me...
understand the v11 format

that aside, if I made the best MDL0 resource thread, why would I be joking ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on August 11, 2011, 09:42:15 PM
I helped hi- well... more like he helped me...
understand the v11 format

that aside, if I made the best MDL0 resource thread, why would I be joking ;)
good point o.o.... well then, PRAISE BOTH U AND BJ! :af: :af: :af:  (maybe once he gets the next version released i can finally make better Okami stages x3 )
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Tcll on August 11, 2011, 09:42:15 PM
I helped hi- well... more like he helped me...
understand the v11 format

that aside, if I made the best MDL0 resource thread, why would I be joking ;)

Hey Tcll, check it out
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Once I finish the labeling all of the bp commands and get Brawlbox to save changes to the structs, do you want to help me beta test changing them to see what they do?


nice :af:
and sure, I'd be glad to :)

but hang on...
I'm reading the SDK and making a bit of progress to understanding them

but can you at least do me a favor and change ONLY the strings 'Shader' to 'TEV'
you only have to change like 1/3 of the code then ;)
(TEV's become Nodes after a bit of conversion)

btw... I'm kinda playing with the values myself (using my template) >_>

but why do you have 3 8-bit values??
the way it's read in the SDK is 1 24bit value...

also...
are the Shaders actually editable??
they do nearly the same things as the TEV's >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on August 11, 2011, 11:56:40 PM
nice :af:
and sure, I'd be glad to :)

but hang on...
I'm reading the SDK and making a bit of progress to understanding them

but can you at least do me a favor and change ONLY the strings 'Shader' to 'TEV'
you only have to change like 1/3 of the code then ;)
(TEV's become Nodes after a bit of conversion)

btw... I'm kinda playing with the values myself (using my template) >_>

but why do you have 3 8-bit values??
the way it's read in the SDK is 1 24bit value...

also...
are the Shaders actually editable??
they do nearly the same things as the TEV's >_>

But I like the name Shaders DX

I dunno why I have 3 8-bit values. There's no way to read them as a 24-bit int in C#.
Googling though, I found a solution:

uint Command =
   (((uint)Command1Unk1) << 16) |
   (((uint)Command1Unk2) << 8 ) |
    ((uint)Command1Unk3);

I'll change them to one single 24-bit value right after I finish labeling all the commands.

Progress progress progress progress progress progress
*Goes on for hours*
*after a few hours decids to do the following instead*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That is all XD

well if you keep it, then you have Shaders and Shaders

instead of Shaders and Nodes (TEV's)

EDIT:
heh... in Python, all I ave to do is:

int(fr.read(3).encode('hex'),16)
that then gives me a 24bit int >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on August 12, 2011, 12:19:10 AM
well if you keep it, then you have Shaders and Shaders

instead of Shaders and Nodes (TEV's)

Why in god's name did the original creator of brawlbox name two different things shaders?

Quote from: Ninka on August 12, 2011, 12:20:57 AMWhy in god's name did the original creator of brawlbox name two different things shaders?
because he didn't know what the shaders vs nodes actually were

he knew programming, not 3D
I'm the exact opposite XD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I <3 progress.
That shall be my new shirt. ^^

Anyways, GJ BJ. I'm glad to see we're nearing the end of our long  war for Brawl importing.

____________________________________________________
|                                                                            |
|                              Flandre                                   |
|                           Whar is she?                               |
____________________________________________________

:srs:

Soon enough roo we will have loli vampire raining in our brawl >.>

Quote from: Roo on August 12, 2011, 12:24:45 AM
I <3 progress.
That shall be my new shirt. ^^

Anyways, GJ BJ. I'm glad to see we're nearing the end of our long  war for Brawl importing.

____________________________________________________
|                                                                            |
|                              Flandre                                   |
|                           Whar is she?                               |
____________________________________________________

:srs:

Who knows. She may already be in my Brawlz.