Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SuperSmasher on August 13, 2011, 07:15:28 PM
hey BJ is u going 2 use the unofficial Primesense / OpenNI 4 camera data / skeleton tracking respectively or the OFFICIAL Kinect SDK as a base 4 mocap cause there is a downside to both. the SDK (by microsoft) it only supports Windows 7 and it is beta. the OpenNI / mocap drivers get updated periodically etc. but only supports 1 Kinect where as the SDK supports multiple and is very flexible. so as you can see there are ups and there are downs to both its up 2 u you decide    ;)

SuperSmasher

I was going to use the Kinect SDK because it has a summary of each function, is already in C#, and is official, whereas OpenNI only has a C# wrapper for C++ functions and no function summaries.

Inb4anyonecomplains: I chose to add Kinect tracking myself, so if anyone doesn't have Windows 7 or a Kinect, all I can say is "Too bad, you should be glad I'm adding any skeleton tracking..." :/

Pros/Cons 4 sdk


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



OpenNI Pros/Cons


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



all r true

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 13, 2011, 08:14:45 PMInb4anyonecomplains: I chose to add Kinect tracking myself, so if anyone doesn't have Windows 7 or a Kinect, all I can say is "Too bad, you should be glad I'm adding any skeleton tracking..." :/
BAMF: yea I'm glad yur adding skeleton tracking that almost 50% of the world can't use...
I love not being able to use this lovely new feature

EDIT: why not program for the best OS instead of the 2nd most crappy one
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :notimp:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on August 13, 2011, 09:14:41 PM
BAMF: yea I'm glad yur adding skeleton tracking that almost 50% of the world can't use...
I love not being able to use this lovely new feature

EDIT: why not program for the best OS instead of the 2nd most crappy one
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :notimp:

& what operating system wood that b?

Quote from: Tcll on August 13, 2011, 09:14:41 PM
BAMF: yea I'm glad yur adding skeleton tracking that almost 50% of the world can't use...
I love not being able to use this lovely new feature

EDIT: why not program for the best OS instead of the 2nd most crappy one
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :notimp:

Oh well bro. :srs:

uMad bro?
trololololo

Quote from: SuperSmasher on August 13, 2011, 09:22:21 PM& what operating system wood that b?
WinXP Pro
(most convienent and user friendly)

Vista < 7 < XP < Home < Pro

actually... the list is better >_>
7 isn't the 2nd best...

EDITED: Vista < XP < 7 < XP Home < 7 Ult < XP Pro

yes, 7 Ult is nearly as good as XP Pro

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Um TCLL....you know you can just go to gamestop in like, a year and a half and probably find a Used kinect that somebody dropped off right? That would still be expansive, but it wouldn't be as much.

I'm waiting to see if the price goes down first, maybe even wait till christmas  next year before I think about buying that one.

By that time, BJ will probably finish BB3 XD and the Kinect thingy will be more solid and working.

Did i jus come in and hear Kinect tracking, in my Brawl box?

I have a PS3, and i'll buy a Kinect just for that.
Sig by Segtendo. Epic

Quote from: luigiman1928 on August 13, 2011, 11:10:58 PM
Did i jus come in and hear Kinect tracking, in my Brawl box?

I have a PS3, and i'll buy a Kinect just for that.

Indeed.

I have good news!
I fixed the DAE parsing error with the nodes (the node swap issue, where joints came after the other nodes).

What I did was, parsed the nodes in the the order they're in the DAE (ex: node, node, joint), and then sorted the list of nodes so that joints came first with a custom list comparison function.

You'll still have to follow the exporting instructions I have on the OP, but you shouldn't have problems importing DAEs now. I'll test it on multiple DAEs just make sure.

There is one extra rule I have to mention. If your model is all 1 huge mesh, chances are that the primitives will mess up. By "mess up," I mean this (ignore the texture, just notice that there's no mesh in some places):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That's supposed to be Yoko Littner. :srs:

All the vertices are intact, but the primitives are screwed lol.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Just don't import your model as a single mesh and you'll be fine. You need to seperate the objects by the texture they use anyways, as you can see in the images. :P

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 14, 2011, 01:08:19 AM
Indeed.

I have good news!
I fixed the DAE parsing error with the nodes (the node swap issue, where joints came after the other nodes).

What I did was, parsed the nodes in the the order they're in the DAE (ex: node, node, joint), and then sorted the list of nodes so that joints came first with a custom list comparison function.

You'll still have to follow the exporting instructions I have on the OP, but you shouldn't have problems importing DAEs now. I'll test it on multiple DAEs just make sure.

There is one extra rule I have to mention. If your model is all 1 huge mesh, chances are that the primitives will mess up. By "mess up," I mean this (ignore the texture, just notice that there's no mesh in some places):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That's supposed to be Yoko Littner. :srs:

All the vertices are intact, but the primitives are screwed lol.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Just don't import your model as a single mesh and you'll be fine. You need to seperate the objects by the texture they use anyways, as you can see in the images. :P
The name of the bones are weird O_o
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


OMG ~

That's good for me cause Alpha has like, a seperate texture on each of her skin/mesh segments anyway.

I'll probably have to make my own skeleton for her body and then add the hair bones via brawlbox, and the other bones I need to add like XRotN, YrotN etc.

By the way, since it's a brawl standard, should I add a TopN bone at the very top of the bone tree for my character?

Alpha's not the only one I want to import, King bulkubin too from the bridge of eldin stage~ Hehe he would make an entertaining replacement for Dedede XD

Hay guys look what i found and keep up it with the great work bj ^^
http://i55.tinypic.com/mvkzli.png
 
             

Quote from: dark sonic 19 on August 14, 2011, 01:50:08 AM
Hay guys look what i found and keep up it with the great work bj ^^
http://i55.tinypic.com/mvkzli.png


If you got that where I think you got it, you wouldn't happen to have a DOA4/DOAUltimate ISO on you would you :srs:


Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on August 14, 2011, 01:52:57 AM
If you got that where I think you got it, you wouldn't happen to have a DOA4/DOAUltimate ISO on you would you :srs:
nope and i have Morrigan and LeiLei