Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

BJ96, did you get my pm? If you did, did it make any sense? I feel like it was worded terribly.

ps. nice new pic

I like the small things that you've added, like the floor being an actual floor where the foot clips it. Made it much easier to prevent clipping. Also the frame rate feels much more brawl speed then the last BB did for me. Only 2 complaints: Could you make it an option to show bones while animating? I like the idea that's already there, but I like to watch the bones at the same time sometimes. Also the Undo button's a bit... wonky... I moved something and wanted to undo it, and it does the move by steps, instead of memorizing the original position of the angle before the click and after the click. Else feels good. The Animation crew'll like this.

.....Is it me, or is the Camera line even harder to click now?
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



September 01, 2011, 07:56:00 AM #3302 Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:01:59 AM by Justin712
Alright, well I bet I can guess what your problem was. The entire model for Ganon's tower was one texture right?

The problem was that it used a multi-subobject material, which combines all the textures into one "library" material. This is pretty convenient if you have a lot of textures, but Brawl doesn't understand those, which is why you need everything to be a separate object and a separate material.

DSX8's Ganon's Tower stage:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That's going to be a pretty awesome stage :laugh:

So here's a quick tutorial for those of you who have the same problem where brawlbox applies one texture to everything:

(Thanks to DSX8 for providing the Old Chaos Shrine stage as an example.)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Underneath select ID there will be a drop down list of all of the material IDs in the scene. If there isn't, simply use the box right above it and type in the numbers one at a time, selecting them using the "select ID" button.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Next, we're going to right click and hit the detach button from the menu that pops up.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


For the name, it's best to choose one you will recognize by it's material ID. This will make it easier when you're fixing the materials later in BrawlBox.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Basically what we just did was select each individual polygon based on it's texture and then separate it out into it's own object, so later they will each have their own material slots.

Now it's time to export. Make sure you select the Autodesk Collada exporter mentioned in the opening post.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Your options should look about the same as mine. The only thing that might be different is the up axis. Brawl will automatically rotate the model forward 90 degrees since it uses a Y-up axis system.
(I left mine as Z-up because the model I'm editing was taken from a game where Y is already the up-axis. Leaving it as Z-up will ensure no rotation occurs.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


After importing it to BrawlBox, if you preview the model you'll probably be thinking that didn't fix the problem at all, but there's actually one more step. Unfortunately if there's a lot of textures it can be pretty tedious.
Here's an example of what this tutorial was made to help you fix:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Now for each object we need to select it and make it reference the proper material. To do this, we select each object under the mdl0 category and change the material from the drop-down menu. You should have 3ds max still open so you can see which material ID uses which texture.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Since this model had 35 textures, it took quite a while to track down which material goes where, but here's the finished result:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And there ya have it - fixing single models that have multiple textures.


Let me know if anything is a bit unclear. :)
Right click and hit "view image" or copy the image location if you can't read the text.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

September 01, 2011, 08:11:21 AM #3303 Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:24:49 PM by TokoyamiTheDark
I can finally see the textures I received in my parents' computer, but I can't see the DAE that I exported myself with 3DS Max :P I tried to load animations from a .PAC file and tried to animate Terra, but it didn't worked XD  Well at least I have 2 working models, but I can't add/edit bones, though.

...and next time, read carefully, because it was a message for Justin.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

THE MODEL IMPORTER DOES NOT WORK YET!!! *facepalm*
 Disruptive Behavior: Posting in a manner that makes things generally unpleasant for other users.
     Examples: Posting in ALL CAPS, in topic titles and/or messages


You can't export imported DAE's successfully.

Trust me, I've tried.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Suddenly I don't think releasing it to the public was a good idea since nobody bothers to listen.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on September 01, 2011, 02:56:59 PM
Suddenly I don't think releasing it to the public was a good idea since nobody bothers to listen.
^ this lol
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: TommoPuppy on September 01, 2011, 02:56:59 PM
Suddenly I don't think releasing it to the public was a good idea since nobody bothers to listen.

i was thinking the same thing-.-

This was to be expected.

No one reads instructions anymore.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

September 01, 2011, 04:12:51 PM #3310 Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:15:53 PM by TokoyamiTheDark
Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster link=topic=17547.msg659341#msg659341 date=1
314884737
THE MODEL IMPORTER DOES NOT WORK YET!!! *facepalm*

Hm, it was between me and Justin, and I was talking about exporting models with 3DS Max, not BrawlBox. :srs: I only imported the model in BrawlBox to see what it looked like, and I never tried to export anything with BB. AND I was talking to Justin, since he helped me out.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

IMO: that's why releasing to the public was a dumb idea... :-\
I voted for him to finish the rebuilder first, and it was stated more than enough times... heh :P

as for myself...
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm afraid I won't be on too often,
let alone making progress on my end...
see inside if you're curious:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

and sry 404 XDD
I'm at a compy, yes, but I don't have my data... let alone a flash drive or SD *sulks in failure*
so yeh... no data for you atm, but I promise it will come :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on September 01, 2011, 09:45:32 PM
IMO: that's why releasing to the public was a dumb idea... :-\
I voted for him to finish the rebuilder first, and it was stated more than enough times... heh :P

as for myself...
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm afraid I won't be on too often,
let alone making progress on my end...
see inside if you're curious:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

and sry 404 XDD
I'm at a compy, yes, but I don't have my data... let alone a flash drive or SD *sulks in failure*
so yeh... no data for you atm, but I promise it will come :)
that's pretty sad story D:
good luck to you
Stupid Tinypic :C

yeh... thanx :)
hope to have one better myself...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on September 01, 2011, 09:45:32 PM
IMO: that's why releasing to the public was a dumb idea... :-\
I voted for him to finish the rebuilder first, and it was stated more than enough times... heh :P

as for myself...
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm afraid I won't be on too often,
let alone making progress on my end...
see inside if you're curious:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

and sry 404 XDD
I'm at a compy, yes, but I don't have my data... let alone a flash drive or SD *sulks in failure*
so yeh... no data for you atm, but I promise it will come :)

:( XX NAWT HAPPY! TCLL's FRIEND's PARENTS MEAN! XX NO LIKE! lol

that's real f'd up....good luck.
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]