Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 25, 2011, 07:11:31 AM #4275 Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:12:48 AM by Ӄit ßallarɖ

....gamma trolled you..

Anyways, SDK or Source Developer's Kit is used to build programs (or games). Generally you see SDK's from things like Valve or some other big wig gaming company to have the gaming modders do thier magic. People have been known to get jobs cause of that too. But a Wii SDK is very bad juju since it's not ment to be shared outside standard companies that builds games. It contains lots of valuable data that niny doesn't want us, the public, to see or use.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



So BJ could make his own game. XD

...

Wait...

Holy crap, COULD he?! O.o

Despite what you would think, the Wii SDK released into the public aren't that useful to begin with and certainly not to create a whole new game out of it.

And besides, in order to create a video game, one musn't be alone. Teams of dozens of people work together FOR YEARS simply to create one. For example, according to my bro, Ocarina of Time took FIVE YEARS to complete from beginning to end, as they would have begun straight after Link's Awakening. Super Metroid took around the same time and was threatened to be cancelled not once, not twice, but THREE times, and was Samus' creator, Gunpei Yokoi's last game on Nintendo. He died of a turnpike crash after 2 cars and a semi-truck fatally crushed him in October 13 1997, leaving Mr. Game & Watch, Pit, Ice Climbers, Samus Aran, Princess Daisy, Yoshi, Luigi and Wario in the hands of his pupil, Shigeru Miyamoto.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 25, 2011, 01:59:57 PM
And besides, in order to create a video game, one musn't be alone. Teams of dozens of people work together FOR YEARS simply to create one. For example, according to my bro, Ocarina of Time took FIVE YEARS to complete from beginning to end, as they would have begun straight after Link's Awakening. Super Metroid took around the same time and was threatened to be cancelled not once, not twice, but THREE times, and was Samus' creator, Gunpei Yokoi's last game on Nintendo. He died of a turnpike crash after 2 cars and a semi-truck fatally crushed him in October 13 1997, leaving Mr. Game & Watch, Pit, Ice Climbers, Samus Aran, Princess Daisy, Yoshi, Luigi and Wario in the hands of his pupil, Shigeru Miyamoto.
wow, that was an intressting story about samus and his death

ontopic: where is that unknown thingy DX
Stupid Tinypic :C

To go back On topic, me too, am trying to find the Unknown. I'm trying to find the stupid bone on BrawlBox than makes my texture port all messed up. If I posted a picture, would that help anyone? KTH said it was "because of the bone", but I need help finding what he meant by this!

Ouch. Not ready to play with AT ALL.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 25, 2011, 01:59:57 PM
And besides, in order to create a video game, one musn't be alone. Teams of dozens of people work together FOR YEARS simply to create one.

Not Touhou. That was all made by one guy. >w>

Quote from: Roo on September 25, 2011, 02:17:29 PMNot Touhou. That was all made by one guy. >w>
Touhou? What's this game? A PC game? A Flash game? Never heard of it.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

September 25, 2011, 02:38:14 PM #4283 Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 02:39:39 PM by Tempo_
:srs:
I want to kill you.
So hard.

Simply, Touhou is a "shoot 'em up" game (call it "danmaku", or bullet hell) for the PC. It's an EXTREMELY popular series made by the group, Team Shanghai Alice, which is composed of one man god, ZUN.
The gameplay features you having to dodge enemy attacks which take the shape of patterns formed by bullets.
...But a video may be more worthwhile than an explanation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZu2O_JQ4vs

EDIT: We even have a thread dedicated to Touhou.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

The characters are so cute! I think I'll find this game and give it a try!
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

September 25, 2011, 02:53:27 PM #4285 Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:06:25 PM by diedhammer98
I never heard of Touhou.
In fact, I don't know these three girls.

girl with red hair.
girl with strange wing
girl with brown and wear blue dress hair.
I can't remember......

Quote from: diedhammer98 on September 25, 2011, 02:53:27 PM
I never heard of Touhou.
In fact, I don't know these three girls.

girl with red hair.
girl with strange wing
girl with brown and wear blue dress hair.
I can't remember......
1. Yumemi Okazaki, Komachi Onozuka, Rin Kaenbyou. One of those three.
2. Flandre Scarlet ("Christmas light" wings), Nue Houjuu (red wings that look like half-scissors/blue wings that look like devil tails).
3. Suika Ibuki? The way you worded it is kinda confusing.

But yeah, Touhou's a shoot-em-up series (which is one of my favourite game genres) that has loads of characters, most of which only show up in one game (other than the recurring characters Reimu Hakurei and Marisa Kirisame).

1. Not these...I think her name is Yoko or something.

2. oh..

3. yeah that girl.

Isn't there a version of Touhou that's kindof like a 2D Fighter as well?

Quote from: Ian Sullivan on September 25, 2011, 03:41:09 PM
Isn't there a version of Touhou that's kindof like a 2D Fighter as well?
I thought I saw that too.

Anyways, my philosophy is that if you've heard of Touhou, you should, at least, know who Flandre is.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]