Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 28, 2011, 03:26:42 PM #4380 Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:21:20 PM by Tcll
and my paragraph long post asking you if you'd do something for me was yet again was ruined >:O
lousy forum host.
I never have this problem with a proboards forum :srs:

whatever...
thanx RTB :)

EDIT:
hey RTB
the favor I wanted to ask was if you'd mind editing my resource thread with new info and PM-ing the edit to me :)
(you can quote my thread if you like, or just PM me the new info on where it should go)

and also, (for others as well) if you're a mod and have some knowledge that I don't have listed,
feel free to edit my post if you wish. :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

@BlackJax96: Does the new feature that you're installing to brawlbox (mdl0 importing) also reduce the headerlen to 208?

Quote from: Innerscope on September 28, 2011, 05:50:26 PM
@BlackJax96: Does the new feature that you're installing to brawlbox (mdl0 importing) also reduce the headerlen to 208?
if export is v9, yes
if export is v11, no

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Oh yes, I ran into that error again.
I used Clean on some animations and saved.
Then later I edited one and tried saving, but I got an error.
This is the error: "The given key was not present in the dictionary"
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

September 28, 2011, 11:30:08 PM #4384 Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:32:23 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: RandomTBush on September 28, 2011, 07:28:20 AM
It's because the DrawOpa/DrawXlu properties aren't set up properly. They're what determines which polygons are set to which bone. For example, the "EyeYellowM" could be bone ID 2, and every polygon group attributed to that bone will have the same "BoneIndex", as BrawlBox calls it. If they're all set to 0, then they'll be visible all the time. (Which means that bone edits are not necessary to have a polygon group visible at all times -- all that needs to be done is hex edit the values to be 0 in the DrawOpa/DrawXlu).

Oh yeah, I forgot about that XD Those were always set to 0 in v0.64d, but I fixed that :P
I was hoping that there was hope in that helping find the problem... D:

RTB and Pikazz, would you mind beta testing the current version of Brawlbox and see if you can find this one little problem?
I haven't been able to find it alone... D:

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on September 28, 2011, 10:34:44 PM
Oh yes, I ran into that error again.
I used Clean on some animations and saved.
Then later I edited one and tried saving, but I got an error.
This is the error: "The given key was not present in the dictionary"

Something has no name...?

Quote from: Innerscope on September 28, 2011, 05:50:26 PM
@BlackJax96: Does the new feature that you're installing to brawlbox (mdl0 importing) also reduce the headerlen to 208?
Quote from: Tcll on September 28, 2011, 05:53:03 PM
if export is v9, yes
if export is v11, no

I think v10 is no too.
Meh, it depends

Btw, the Peach mod froze the wii at stage select and Flandre doesn't work on Dolphin either.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 28, 2011, 11:30:08 PM
RTB and Pikazz, would you mind beta testing the current version of Brawlbox and see if you can find this one little problem?
I haven't been able to find it alone... D:
sure, i can test and do some resourse! :3

cant test on my wii for the moment but I can look and see in hex x3
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on September 29, 2011, 12:00:33 AM
sure, i can test and do some resourse! :3

cant test on my wii for the moment but I can look and see in hex x3

mmmk I'll send it to you in a little bit

BJ...
can you send me the error MDL0's :/

I'll be able to check them when I get to a compy :)

on a side note,
when I get linux working,
I'm going to try setting up winXP on a virtual machine for linux. :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Yeah, if I can try the latest BrawlBox (and attempt to build a few, small MDL0 files), I'll do my best to find out what's causing the models to not work properly.


September 29, 2011, 02:38:55 AM #4390 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:40:00 AM by Tcll
Quote from: Roo on September 29, 2011, 02:32:36 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/img]
<3 <3 roo :D
although gimme a red shirt with a NES controller drawn on the front with text below it saying "Back in the day."

and make the pants black with 2 white stripes going down the side of the legs.

and DP's tail

that will be perfect >:3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Roo on September 29, 2011, 02:32:36 AM

RandomTBush, the talking Opa-Opa that thinks it's a bush.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



Quote from: Tcll on September 29, 2011, 02:38:55 AM
<3 <3 roo :D
although gimme a red shirt with a NES controller drawn on the front with text below it saying "Back in the day."

and make the pants black with 2 white stripes going down the side of the legs.

and DP's tail

that will be perfect >:3

Well too bad, I already deleted the source file, MUAHAHAHAHHA!!
Your yellow pantedness shall forever remain!

Quote from: Tcll on September 29, 2011, 02:38:55 AM
<3 <3 roo :D
although gimme a red shirt with a NES controller drawn on the front with text below it saying "Back in the day."

and make the pants black with 2 white stripes going down the side of the legs.

and DP's tail

that will be perfect >:3

:srs:

Quote from: Segtendo on September 29, 2011, 02:40:08 AM
RandomTBush, the talking Opa-Opa that thinks it's a bush.

:srs:

Quote from: RandomTBush on September 29, 2011, 02:09:36 AM
Yeah, if I can try the latest BrawlBox (and attempt to build a few, small MDL0 files), I'll do my best to find out what's causing the models to not work properly.

Ok imma send it to you and pikazz in just a sec

Quote from: Roo on September 29, 2011, 02:41:02 AM
Well too bad, I already deleted the source file, MUAHAHAHAHHA!!
Your yellow pantedness shall forever remain!

:af: