Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 71 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 13, 2011, 04:43:42 PM
Good to know. I hope you'll find the error soon. By the way, I am willing to change some items (Home-Run Bat and Beam Sword) with funny things (it's a surprise to most people ;) )so I would need someone like you to test them (I don't know if Dolphin can do it, though... if yes, please let me know) As for character model rigging, well, I can't seem to do it (gets deformed animations) and it sucks because I was ready to get Terra from Dissidia ready for my Wii since 4 MONTHS AGO :srs:
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



I was ready to put Flandre in Brawl about a year ago (or whenever Roo mentioned it) and I'm not flipping out. :srs:
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]



I have a question. How would someone go about doing face morphs for different expressions on imported models? Not actually modeling the different faces, but how would one go about getting them showing up properly and at the right times in game.

<.< Most .mdl0s have special bones for each expression, so I assume that must be part of it.

Quote from: Beyond on October 13, 2011, 06:30:26 PM


I have a question. How would someone go about doing face morphs for different expressions on imported models? Not actually modeling the different faces, but how would one go about getting them showing up properly and at the right times in game.

<.< Most .mdl0s have special bones for each expression, so I assume that must be part of it.

I'm assuming you just animate the face like you normally would any other animation.

Quote from: Beyond on October 13, 2011, 06:30:26 PM I have a question. How would someone go about doing face morphs for different expressions on imported models? Not actually modeling the different faces, but how would one go about getting them showing up properly and at the right times in game. <.< Most .mdl0s have special bones for each expression, so I assume that must be part of it.
that's exactly how it works >_>
you need bones with specific animations to control the facial expressions...


if you want to get real advanced with it, you can use a script to control a seperated facial animation based on a cercumstance ;)
^the only problem with that is Brawl scripts (REL files) have yet to be figured out... -_-*

I guess PW stopped entirely...
he's completely disappeared >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

So I guess the clone engine is dead forever?

Anyway, back on topic: sorry you found a new roadblock, dudes.

A characters face has to be set to the specified bone of appearance (for example OuchM, BlinkM, BlinkHalfM etc.), though it's not something every character uses (Luigi and Charizard for example use .pat0 to switch between (eye) textures).

Modules are more to regulate the game itself and how it loads stuff from ASM (like articles, but, for example, also if Luigi gets stuck in the wall when using side B and even settings for stage hazards).
Also, you can't really rely on PW to do anything Brawl related anymore due to the fact he has other things to do in life.

@Tabuu Hatsune
Unless Dantarion returns anytime soon, the Clone Engine for all characters with references to it's article data (meaning all characters but Marth, Jiggz, MK and the generic Ike) is technically impossible (this being due to the module not being properly figured out).

oh yea...
that makes 2 moar animation types to add >_>

PAT0 and SRT0

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tempo_ on October 13, 2011, 05:18:04 PM
I was ready to put Flandre in Brawl about a year ago (or whenever Roo mentioned it) and I'm not flipping out. :srs:

March 13 2010. :P

Quote from: Roo on October 13, 2011, 07:31:25 PMMarch 13 2010. :P
ROFL why does that not surprize me with you XDD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


I've only slightly heard of them >_>

what exactly do they do??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Quote from: Tcll on October 13, 2011, 07:39:03 PM
I've only slightly heard of them >_>

what exactly do they do??
bone visibility, used most to face expressions like all sonics faces.

if one is inactived, the bone with the polygon is insivible.
if actived, it's visible
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on October 13, 2011, 07:43:39 PM
bone visibility, used most to face expressions like all sonics faces.

if one is inactived, the bone with the polygon is insivible.
if actived, it&#039;s visible
hmm...
oh yea...

I can reference that to object visability in 3D apps >_>
ok...

IMO though, it sounds like it could also play a part in IPO animations...
but IDK... would have to play around with it a little >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.