Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.


Quote from: RandomTBush on October 23, 2011, 05:41:27 AM
Just read it a few minutes ago.
Thanks and replied. Sorry to bug like that. Being famous like yourself I'm sure stuff like that woulda got lost or som'in.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



I think you should release it tomorrow, seeing as how your gonna check for any other bugs. I'm sure people can deal with saving an import and then editing.

October 23, 2011, 06:24:13 AM #5463 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 06:26:30 AM by TommoPuppy
Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 23, 2011, 03:27:27 AM
Oh boy. It happens to me a lot. I was wondering why one of my textures was freezing the Wii, and it was because the PAC file got compressed, not the PCS one.
That's why I never save PCS files as PAC files (the cause) and always save as "Archive Pair" (the fix)

That's probably a bug that should be fixed... or has it been bumped up to "feature" status now?

^That. It will definitely help people who don't know what it means when their .pac is compressed.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 23, 2011, 04:35:26 AM
I think there's only one bug left.

You need to save imported models as soon as you import them and then edit them afterward, or else Brawlbox will crash.

Would you guys rather have me release Brawlbox tomorrow with that last bug that I don't really know how to fix right now and is easily avoidable, or wait until I get rid of the error completely (which could take a while, I'm not really sure)?

Of course, before releasing Brawlbox, I'll thoroughly test everything else for errors. The MDL0 format is completely editable now, rebuilding models works perfectly without any lag, and model imports are now possible, in case anybody didn't know.

Also, Brawlbox can't write tristrips yet, only triangles. I've started on a function to do it, but it's not working right now.
Quote from: Ӄathy on October 23, 2011, 04:36:50 AM
I think a temporary work around would be to add a command script that will automatically ask to save the project after importing, else close the project.

i think this is the awnser until you can fix the bug
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

really love how I miss everything when I am asleep and no activity if I am awake lol

but hey, that sounds real awesome :3
just one little fix~
Stupid Tinypic :C

Yeah, as long as people know that there is a workaround in order to prevent that bug, then I see no harm to release the new BBox tomorrow.
That is, if you want to release it tomorrow of course.

Still, awesome progress is awesome. :vyse:

October 23, 2011, 12:40:27 PM #5468 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:45:46 PM by TokoyamiTheDark
Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 23, 2011, 04:35:26 AMI think there's only one bug left. You need to save imported models as soon as you import them and then edit them afterward, or else Brawlbox will crash. Would you guys rather have me release Brawlbox tomorrow with that last bug that I don't really know how to fix right now and is easily avoidable, or wait until I get rid of the error completely (which could take a while, I'm not really sure)? Of course, before releasing Brawlbox, I'll thoroughly test everything else for errors. The MDL0 format is completely editable now, rebuilding models works perfectly without any lag, and model imports are now possible, in case anybody didn't know. Also, Brawlbox can't write tristrips yet, only triangles. I've started on a function to do it, but it's not working right now.
WOW! If you don't mind, could you release it ASAP? I also have a teeny-tiny glitch to report, but it doesn't crashes BrawlBox ; when a foreign model is imported and saved, you must import it again when you close and re-opens BrawlBox or else you won't see anything. Nothing big here, just re-import the model to see it in the Model Viewer. ;) Excellent job, BlackJax96!!!
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

I say release it asap as a bleeding edge beta testing release, that way we can flood you with bug reports (in a good way)

So the model importer is finished? With one or two easilly avoidable bugs? [censored] yes =3

I've managed to get my hands on a 3DS Max 8 installer finally, and I'm downloading a con 3 revolution ISO now. :)

Good-by Ike HELOOOOO [censored] KISAME :D

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on October 23, 2011, 02:00:14 PMSo the model importer is finished? With one or two easilly avoidable bugs? [censored] yes =3 I've managed to get my hands on a 3DS Max 8 installer finally, and I'm downloading a con 3 revolution ISO now. :) Good-by Ike HELOOOOO [censored] KISAME :D
Yup. Finished, with a small glitch I found, but it doesn't matter much :) Just re-uload the model in BrawlBox when you close it, and re-open it, that's what I found.

Bye Desert thieves, bye bloody fallen angels, nice to meet ya, Esper Terra and Flandre Scarlet!!! :D
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

So, this "model importer" thing, is it truly a big idea. I mean, I've seen some model imports before, and they have T-stances, a lot of them. What's the big idea about importing other models from different games if you end up getting the same results?
Quote from: Art Beins"The biggest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all."

Tutorial on how to edit the intro: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45302.msg925318#msg925318

Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.

I suppose because it will be much more customizable than previous imports. This big "hook" behind this importer is that you can import everything: Bones, Textures, and Model. Added to that (If I heard right) you can throw in shaders from different games (I would guess it takes some amount of skill, though).

The reason people are so hyped is that you can import almost any model that can be converted to DAE (Essentially anything,) with a customized skeleton. The reason that so many imports failed in the past is because the skeletons didn't mesh with the parameters of the replaced models.

If you can rig a model to be EXACTLY like the one it's replacing, wouldn't that be the best?
Well, with this, you can do that.

If I've been paying attention all these posts, that is.


T-stances are due to a lack of animations, not because of a model
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]