Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I made a video of Kit in action if you'd like a copy of the link RTB for the Brawl Vault =3
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Tabuu Hatsune on October 24, 2011, 01:55:56 AMMiku works. Now she has a texture problem.. is RTB still on?
Sadly, not anymore. He went away after uploading Kit's model...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

I agree. It's bound to have it's fair share of problems. It's far from perfected as of yet.

We may have the importer, but there are bound to be issues that pop up for multiple reasons, like:

- Lack of clarity in tutorials: Not everyone is tech savvy, or should be expected to be able to glean all needed information from the vaguest of details. This was my exact problem with Mariokart's Vertexing Tutorial. It was too vague, but if not, it was hard to understand.

-Unknown issues that didn't appear during the beta phase: These will always pop up sooner or later. There is no way to account for every single minor detail until it hit's you in the face. It happens with all computer programs.

-The fact it's new: It takes time for people to learn how to use something properly, and even more time to master it's use. To expect people to understand how to use it properly from the get go, even after reading the tutorials, is logically asinine. Look at vertexing, and look how long it took our most famous vertexers to get as good as they are now. Therein lies my point.
---------

In short: if you want everyone to be able to use this, you need to do the following:

- Make the instructions of the tutorials as simple, but have as much clarity as possible. Technical jargon that only the tech savvy will understand will only confuse people and make importing a specialist field like it was with vertexing.

- Fix issues as often as you're able: It may have taken you a year to program this, but issues will still arise that need fixing. If you don't, then more people will encounter the issues and become frustrated.

- Versatility: Right now only 3DSMAX DAEs will work. You can export from other 3D Programs, but these will likely come with problems of their own. I think you can understand what I am implying.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Segtendo on October 24, 2011, 01:47:51 AM
God.
I don't get the instructions on exporting.
Can someone help me?

This is what I was talking about when I was talking about clarity.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on October 24, 2011, 01:58:15 AM
I made a video of Kit in action if you'd like a copy of the link RTB for the Brawl Vault =3

Link me so I can put it in the Brawlbox download too

Sorry if this is a dumb question, or a bad time, is it possible for this to work with 3DS Max 9?

Quote from: Lateralus on October 24, 2011, 02:00:27 AM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, or a bad time, is it possible for this to work with 3DS Max 9?
That's what I'm using.
I'm stumped as hell :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


After all this time, it's finally done and working.

Great work, mate.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


October 24, 2011, 02:10:36 AM #5843 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 02:15:08 AM by Camonsters
Quote from: Tabuu Hatsune on October 24, 2011, 01:55:56 AM
Miku works. Now she has a texture problem.. is RTB still on?



I will get her 100% working in brawl. Just have to figure out the right texture formats.

Is it unusual that, when I try exporting my new Homerun Bat as a MDL0, Brawlbox ALWAYS crashes, creating an EMPTY MDL0?  :-\
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 24, 2011, 01:59:43 AM
Link me so I can put it in the Brawlbox download too
Will do boss. Be about.. *looks* 56 mins x.x
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!




I love Kit. She's awesome. Using her in Boss Battles right now!

Doesn't work for me... I get an unusual error message, this time it's different than the other one who gave me trouble...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Playing with Kit is amazing. It feels so.... weird. Like, it's ground-breaking.

Or something. XD

Can't wait for that Rosalina I saw a page or so back. Gonna see what I can do with some Twilight Princess models. To the tutorials!