Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

can 3d max 2012 be used for this or do I need to downgrade to 10 ( thats the lowest I can go I think )

October 25, 2011, 03:42:30 AM #6061 Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:43:32 AM by RandomTBush
Quote from: MaxedOut on October 25, 2011, 03:21:27 AMMy 2010 crashes when I import a DAE from AIS even if I use the right importing option.
I'll post a screenshot if it helps, but I would rather have 3DS Max 8, import it properly there, save it as a .max file, and open it in 2010 just fine.
Then don't use AIS to export the DAE files -- use BrawlBox instead. It uses an older, outdated DAE format anyway. :P

Quote from: luigifanweege on October 25, 2011, 03:39:03 AM
can 3d max 2012 be used for this or do I need to downgrade to 10 ( thats the lowest I can go I think )
I've used 3DS Max 2012. Its DAE importer/exporter is really screwed up and won't work properly. I couldn't even re-import a DAE file I made using it... :srs:

Justin! We (read: I) need an in depth tutorial on the bones and stuff!
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Alright, that tutorial doesn't seem to be helpin' too many people as it is. I'll try revising it a bit and posting it in the guides section. Sorry for not gettin' it right the first time :laugh:
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on October 25, 2011, 03:47:31 AM
Alright, that tutorial doesn't seem to be helpin' too many people as it is. I'll try revising it a bit and posting it in the guides section. Sorry for not gettin' it right the first time :laugh:
Please do.
It seems all cramped.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Wait, it's not right? :O
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Quote from: Tempo_ on October 25, 2011, 03:55:37 AM
Wait, it's not right? :O

I think he means that it wasn't perfect the first time through.

I hope you can make an in depth tutorial, rigging is going to become really important really fast. ._.

October 25, 2011, 04:01:34 AM #6067 Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:11:59 AM by MaxedOut
Quote from: RandomTBush on October 25, 2011, 03:42:30 AM
Then don't use AIS to export the DAE files -- use BrawlBox instead. It uses an older, outdated DAE format anyway. :P
I've used 3DS Max 2012. Its DAE importer/exporter is really screwed up and won't work properly. I couldn't even re-import a DAE file I made using it... :srs:

Tried Importing One in both 3DS Max 8 and 3DS Max 10 (not at the same time) and they both return nothing when I export it as a .DAE from the new BB :l

I'll try downloading a new AIS tomorrow and see if that works...

EDIT: I should note that the AIS converter works just fine when I make DAE's from brawl models. However when I try to import a non-brawl model with the DAE's made from AIS


I have succesfully turned Bad Girl from No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise into an MDL0

(still need to find out why the ribbon jacks up)



bout time i got this working, BlackJax congratulations you have changed the face of brawl modding forever.  :kdance:
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Quote from: ShadowSnake on October 25, 2011, 04:11:53 AM
I have succesfully turned Bad Girl from No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise into an MDL0

(still need to find out why the ribbon jacks up)



bout time i got this working, BlackJax congratulations you have changed the face of brawl modding forever.  :kdance:
I'll die a happy man once I see Destroyman :kdance:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: ShadowSnake on October 25, 2011, 04:11:53 AM
I have succesfully turned Bad Girl from No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise into an MDL0

(still need to find out why the ribbon jacks up)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


bout time i got this working, BlackJax congratulations you have changed the face of brawl modding forever.  :kdance:

You're welcome.

I said a long time ago that I would work on it until it was done, and never quit. Unlike everyone else who tried to code a model importer, I didn't quit.

Quote from: ShadowSnake on October 25, 2011, 04:11:53 AM
BlackJax congratulations you have changed the face of brawl modding forever.  :kdance:

This99

Seriously, BJ, you have made me a very happy Ridley now that there's a possibility for all my dreams to come true. :af:

Awesome job.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 25, 2011, 04:16:19 AM
You're welcome.

I said a long time ago that I would work on it until it was done, and never quit. Unlike everyone else who tried to code a model importer, I didn't quit.

We've probably told you this so many times that it doesn't faze you anymore, but:

You're awesome for this.

These types of things are PhantomWings level. They change the game, man!


Quote from: RandomTBush on October 25, 2011, 03:42:30 AM
Then don't use AIS to export the DAE files -- use BrawlBox instead. It uses an older, outdated DAE format anyway. :P

OH! I forgot BJ's BB did that but why do I have to go through the whole shebang for a 11x resize?

Got Reimu, Sanae, and Yuuka into BrawlBox.

Now for the hard part. :srs:
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]