Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.


Quote from: KTH on October 25, 2011, 01:29:18 AMAnother weird issue...I tried with your Cammy. Here the model didn't appear on BrawlBox and only one bone.
i got 100% same problem and i followed the Tutorial 100%
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Geeze, don't make me do a "quick" video guide. Hell. I'm someone who don't even MODEL and I can get them to brawlbox readable.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Kit Ballard on October 25, 2011, 03:59:19 PMGeeze, don't make me do a "quick" video guide. Hell. I'm someone who don't even MODEL and I can get them to brawlbox readable.
do it
so i needing a Guide to how to make rigged models without bones to be T-pose like as a Brawl char.
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

kit, sorry for knowing how to model but not rig... u do understand that modelling and importing has nothing to do with each other skill-wise, right?

Okay, I made a DAE with BRAWLBOX and nothing appears in 3DS Max when I import it.
Doesn't matter if it's a brawl model or not.

and I still have that issue with AIS made DAE's too...

October 25, 2011, 04:08:42 PM #6096 Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:09:46 PM by Justin712
Quote from: Mariodk on October 25, 2011, 04:03:16 PM
do it
so i needing a Guide to how to make rigged models without bones to be T-pose like as a Brawl char.

What? If they're rigged that means they have bones.

Also, there's not much a T-pose would do for you if it's not rigged.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Kit Ballard on October 25, 2011, 03:59:19 PM
Geeze, don't make me do a "quick" video guide. Hell. I'm someone who don't even MODEL and I can get them to brawlbox readable.
I dont believe we are doing wrong :/
I used the exactly same DAE that BJ96 used and he did fixs on it!
however when he insert it, he gets a perfect MDL0
when I insert it, 3 things can happen and only those 3
1. crash
2. can look in it's tree but everything is set on 0, if I export it and see how big it is in hex editor it's often around 1/3 smaller comparing to BJ96's MDL0, the funny is I dont get the same result on how big it is. invisible when looking in preview
3. same as 2 but it's not invisible in preview, it's gray boxes over the place like a broken preview

you can try to send me a WORKING DAE you have done and can export without problem with fixes in and let us see if I gets the same problem
Stupid Tinypic :C

@pikazz

Well you are saving it first before doing anything else right?
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

October 25, 2011, 04:15:20 PM #6099 Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:17:04 PM by Kit Ballard
Quote from: jokekid on October 25, 2011, 04:06:25 PM
kit, sorry for knowing how to model but not rig... u do understand that modelling and importing has nothing to do with each other skill-wise, right?
Course! But apperently it seems people can't even get the dae's to be brawl box readable. That's part of where most of the complaints are stemming from.

Quote from: pikazz on October 25, 2011, 04:10:04 PM
you can try to send me a WORKING DAE you have done and can export without problem with fixes in and let us see if I gets the same problem
There's a handful in my topic in the model section... I've personally tested each one both Importing to BrawlBox (BOTH 65 and 63) and 3DS Max 2010.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



You know, imports working for some and not for others could be due to computer specific specs (and I don't mean 32bit vs 64bit, Windows XP vs Windows Vista vs Windows 7).
Just throwing it out there.

Quote from: pikazz on October 25, 2011, 04:10:04 PMI dont believe we are doing wrong :/ I used the exactly same DAE that BJ96 used and he did fixs on it! however when he insert it, he gets a perfect MDL0 when I insert it, 3 things can happen and only those 3 1. crash 2. can look in it's tree but everything is set on 0, if I export it and see how big it is in hex editor it's often around 1/3 smaller comparing to BJ96's MDL0, the funny is I dont get the same result on how big it is. invisible when looking in preview 3. same as 2 but it's not invisible in preview, it's gray boxes over the place like a broken preview you can try to send me a WORKING DAE you have done and can export without problem with fixes in and let us see if I gets the same problem

Me too... I can get my Karakasa over HomeRun bat in BrawlBox, but when I try saving or expoting it as a MDL0, BrawlBox closes on it's own after a common error message (XXXXX has encountered a problem and needs to close.) Boy, when will the 1st import will work for me? I can't even get Kit Ballard on my Wii because of that!!!  My rigged Remilia model doesn't wanna get imported either, so I don't even know it is it correctly rigged or not...*facepalm*
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Interesting. I just ran some tests again, but more extensive. My Cammy Dae won't MDL0 (crashes on view) but Chun-li Can export and import as MDL0 completely fine. The Cammy model is alot heavier on the Poly count I know that so maybe there's too many Verts?
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Justin712 on October 25, 2011, 04:08:42 PMWhat? If they're rigged that means they have bones. Also, there's not much a T-pose would do for you if it's not rigged.
my model of Gotenks got no Bones and his Pose in 3ds max is like this:

so needing to get him to a T-pose like Lucas´s with his Arms/fingers and Legs/feets
then i needing to get him Lucas´s boneset(also needing a guide for that i am not 100% sure how to do it)
and get him to work in brawlbox and can be imported
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Edit: Stupid Error 500's provented me from getting this out fast enough:
Chun-li 15,483 Verts
Cammy 47,505 Verts

Yeah. I think there's way too many verts/Faces on Cammy to be MDL0'ed
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!