Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

it's possible... About a year ago someone posted a YouTube video of where a guy gives Mario custom real time animations by just moving around.. The person never reveals their technique.. But the video is somewhere in YouTube... >.>
FC:4898-8419-2778

October 26, 2011, 07:25:02 AM #6196 Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:39:39 PM by TommoPuppy
Quote from: Nuke on October 26, 2011, 06:35:40 AM
it's possible... About a year ago someone posted a YouTube video of where a guy gives Mario custom real time animations by just moving around.. The person never reveals their technique.. But the video is somewhere in YouTube... >.>
He did it in 3DS max, not Brawl. It's just using standard mo-cap stuff. Nothing fancy.

Also, he DID "reveal his technique" because he's a Smashboards member and he posted about it in the Customised Content board as he was making it. It was for a university project, if I recall correctly.

In terms of how it can help us, we have to crack Brawl's animation format first before we can even think about that. bad wording, disregard

I literally spent 8 hours today researching the best method for vertex hacking in order to recreate a model by hand, leaving polygons, UV mapping, and texturing as separate complex problems. And then Brawlbox 0.65 comes out of nowhere with dae importing. My hat is off to you; you have my thanks, and now I will be off with this newfound technology.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on October 26, 2011, 07:25:02 AM
He did it in 3DS max, not Brawl. It's just using standard mo-cap stuff. Nothing fancy.

Also, he DID "reveal his technique" because he's a Smashboards member and he posted about it in the Customised Content board as he was making it. It was for a university project, if I recall correctly.

In terms of how it can help us, we have to crack Brawl's animation format first before we can even think about that.
We know brawl's animation format, which is why we can fully edit it.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

@Justin712
It's most likely the bone translations being borked, since at the time I sent you Naruto, I didn't know about the whole 0.372 resize problem.
So you probably have to fix it in the way RTB mentioned

the thing I love with the brawlbox

both stage and background imported, but only stage works ingame while background mess things up D:

Tommo and ForOhFor Error: seems pretty easy in mind to make the camera track and calculate everything and turn it directly to CHR0.
but I might be wrong, maybe it need to be converted into a simpliar animation and when to CHR0 D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on October 26, 2011, 10:19:57 AM
We know brawl's animation format, which is why we can fully edit it.
But can we convert to it? That's what I meant.

Quote from: ds22 on October 26, 2011, 10:22:21 AM
It's most likely the bone translations being borked

Actually it works fine without the texture, so I don't think that's it.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

October 26, 2011, 02:45:06 PM #6203 Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 02:47:31 PM by ds22
Then it's probably that material separate object thing (otherwise, IDK what could be wrong).

Also as a side note, the Naruto I sent Epic Pervy has a blade added to his right hand (and by extension the sword bone) so that it could also be used as a recolor for Ike.

Justin: Let me know when you finish up rigging whatever you're doing now :P I'll send you a Con 3 Revolution BRESS for Kisame (over you guessed it, Ike)

So it turns out that Max ( 8 at least) was working fine, anyone got a clean AIS that I can use? The one from the download in that one tutorial thread is busted. Either that or Justin can send me a tutorial on how to 'fix' the daes :l (lol poor justin having to do all these tuts XP )

BJ: so the DAE exporter is NOT working in brawlbox? I assumed that was the case since it makes 1kb files from anything that's not from brawl.

Just letting you know that Ais and BB can't export DAE's of V11 Mdl0s properly as they don't open in 3DS Max without errors. :(

Here's a problem I'd like to point out:

When editing animations in a MotionPac, the MotionPac models will go haywire and force close. The same thing happens when you try to re-open the MotionPac...
Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Quote from: Verminious SnapTrap on October 26, 2011, 08:08:07 PM
Here's a problem I'd like to point out:

When editing animations in a MotionPac, the MotionPac models will go haywire and force close. The same thing happens when you try to re-open the MotionPac...
I should test this out. I haven't even started animations in 65 yet...
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



*sigh...*   I have NOBODY to rig my models, so I might have to say goodbye to my Snake hack and Pit hack that I wished so much to port in my Wii... :( I don't know anymore where, or whom to ask... They perfectly gets in game, but are flattened like G&W and are stuck in a V pose. Help threads doesn't help me much, as everyone gets their requests done, exept for me...:'( I don't EVEN get a single reply...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 26, 2011, 09:59:07 PM
*sigh...*   I have NOBODY to rig my models, so I might have to say goodbye to my Snake hack and Pit hack that I wished so much to port in my Wii... :( I don't know anymore where, or whom to ask... They perfectly gets in game, but are flattened like G&W and are stuck in a V pose. Help threads doesn't help me much, as everyone gets their requests done, exept for me...:'( I don't EVEN get a single reply...

Very VERY few people are taking requests at this point, because there is still so many problems with getting them to work at all. At this point, you either have to do it yourself, or wait.