Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 66 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 15, 2011, 05:08:47 AM
:srs: Do you really need it THAT badly?
It literally takes about a minute to add metal materials...

I actually had no idea how long it takes, since i haven't checked up on it.  (shame on me)
If it is a tedious, and easily automatable task, however, then why do it manually over and over for every import? I mean, of course put priority on what needs priority, and if you feel it isn't worth the coding effort then leave it out. I will be fine without it, as will most of us. but i was just bothered by the way you seemed to say "lets leave this out because screw noobs, they need to learn REAL modding"
I apologize for being dramatic in my post

Quote from: Ls777 on November 15, 2011, 05:36:48 AM
I actually had no idea how long it takes, since i haven't checked up on it.  (shame on me)
If it is a tedious, and easily automatable task, however, then why do it manually over and over for every import? I mean, of course put priority on what needs priority, and if you feel it isn't worth the coding effort then leave it out. I will be fine without it, as will most of us. but i was just bothered by the way you seemed to say "lets leave this out because screw noobs, they need to learn REAL modding"
I apologize for being dramatic in my post

I just came up with an idea.
I'll add a True/False switch to the MDL0 properties window that says "Automatic Metal Materials."

If it's true, you'll have no control over the metal materials and Brawlbox will generate/modify them automatically.
If it's false, you can do whatevs and Brawlbox won't interfere. :af: (It'll be false by default)

Problem solved.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 15, 2011, 05:42:56 AM
I just came up with an idea.
I'll add a True/False switch to the MDL0 properties window that says "Automatic Metal Materials."

If it's true, you'll have no control over the metal materials and Brawlbox will generate/modify them automatically.
If it's false, you can do whatevs and Brawlbox won't interfere. :af: (It'll be false by default)

Problem solved.

sounds good to me =P

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 15, 2011, 05:42:56 AM
I just came up with an idea.
I'll add a True/False switch to the MDL0 properties window that says "Automatic Metal Materials."

If it's true, you'll have no control over the metal materials and Brawlbox will generate/modify them automatically.
If it's false, you can do whatevs and Brawlbox won't interfere. :af: (It'll be false by default)

Problem solved.
Everybody's happy.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Awww, there goes the controversial arguements... But here came a handy new feature!



didnt read all, but isnt it good to have anyone being able to do anything, if ur taking it that way, u could've released a tutorial on how to hex a model to MDL0... u get what i mean, right?
its still possible to really mod it by perfecting the textures, the model, or by adding special features to the shaders... basic stuff should be done in a couple of clicks, while advanced stuff would keep being just for the pl who really want to add spirit to their MODs

I don't think not knowing how to add a metal texture would take away too much from the importing "experience." Really, if they don't know how to rig, it's a lost cause from the get-go.

In other words, make an automatic rigger. :af:

But seriously, thanks for the auto-metal thingy. Should work wonders.

BJ, I think i love you. lol This model importer seems to be helping alot of people, eh?! :af2:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT:

I havent actually been here in a while, but after seeing everything you've accomplished, i am DEFINATLEY coming back! This'll make Brawl so much more amazing, and its deffinatley revolutionary for the Brawl-Hacking community!

On behalf of everyone, thank you for making things like this possible.

Also, I am working on a new project *wink* Guess you'll just have to wait and find out what it is! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT 2:

Could someone do me a HUGE favor, and upload Brawlbox v0.65 to google docs or something i can access at school please? Thats where ill be doing most of my work on my new project, as i dont have access to a computer at home at the moment.

Thanx,

             ~Masal
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 11, 2011, 08:43:38 PM
Install .Net 4.3 Framework

Sorry, I can't find that version of .net, only 4.0, and I already have it. Where can I download that version? Thanks :)


November 15, 2011, 07:38:52 PM #6792 Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:40:19 PM by ItalianStallion
BJ, I [censored]ing love you for making model importing possible.

Yes, you've heard this 112 times before.

Now, one thing.

Alright, well, I've heard that semi transparency is not possible to be done through model imports yet? Then again, maybe it's not being done correctly.

Here are two characters that don't have semi transparency on their hair, and makes it look weird at times.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on November 15, 2011, 07:38:52 PMBJ, I [censored] love you for making model importing possible. Yes, you've heard this 112 times before. Now, one thing. Alright, well, I've heard that semi transparency is not possible to be done through model imports yet? Then again, maybe it's not being done correctly. Here are two characters that don't have semi transparency on their hair, and makes it look weird at times.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

hey i know that sephiroth model :af:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Hi :3
After many hour I am able to import something into Brawl Box with perfect Lightning and that look fine in game!
here some screen (I proud of that cause that my Learning mesh =))
(I know that not the priest but this model as i told is my Test/learning model :))

First import : Blood Queen 1

last import Blood Queen 2

She is almost done :)
Only need Yellow Eye/metal texture and some fix in animation :)