Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on November 15, 2011, 07:38:52 PM
BJ, I [censored]ing love you for making model importing possible.

Yes, you've heard this 112 times before.

Now, one thing.

Alright, well, I've heard that semi transparency is not possible to be done through model imports yet? Then again, maybe it's not being done correctly.

Here are two characters that don't have semi transparency on their hair, and makes it look weird at times.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's completely possible at the moment, but you're gonna have to test out some more advanced material settings to get it to look good. By advanced I mean stuff like Blend Mode, Alpha Function, Z Mode, Shader settings, etc.

I think that the "Colors" in the material might modify the Opacity, etc of the texture if Enable Blend is true. I'm just taking an educated guess though, I'll test it later.

Don't know if this has been brought up already or not.

But for characters like Link or Falco, who don't have seperate objects for each expression or separate textures, but rather different vertex sets that morph into one another...

How would I go about like... adding those extra vertex sets to my .mdl0 and then have them show up at the right time?

Quote from: xxmasal22xx on November 15, 2011, 06:25:48 PM
BJ, I think i love you. lol This model importer seems to be helping alot of people, eh?! :af2:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT:

I havent actually been here in a while, but after seeing everything you've accomplished, i am DEFINATLEY coming back! This'll make Brawl so much more amazing, and its deffinatley revolutionary for the Brawl-Hacking community!

On behalf of everyone, thank you for making things like this possible.

Also, I am working on a new project *wink* Guess you'll just have to wait and find out what it is! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT 2:

Could someone do me a HUGE favor, and upload Brawlbox v0.65 to google docs or something i can access at school please? Thats where ill be doing most of my work on my new project, as i dont have access to a computer at home at the moment.

Thanx,

             ~Masal

Is that Masaklo?  If not i guess now someone could fix that old Kid Goku port with this new Brawlbox. Finally.

Quote from: Beyond on November 15, 2011, 11:43:20 PM
Don't know if this has been brought up already or not.

But for characters like Link or Falco, who don't have seperate objects for each expression or separate textures, but rather different vertex sets that morph into one another...

How would I go about like... adding those extra vertex sets to my .mdl0 and then have them show up at the right time?

I guess I'd have to code a vertex set importer...
The SHP0 nodes control the vertex sets just like the VIS0 nodes control the bones.
Kryal didn't finish SHP0 like he did VIS0 though, so I'll have to finish it. :/

What's this...I actually found something useful, and something that might be useful to others. Especially those who absolutely HATE mirror rigging their models.

A tutorial for my handy little trick is in this thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=36693.0

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on November 16, 2011, 12:04:13 AM
What's this...I actually found something useful, and something that might be useful to others. Especially those who absolutely HATE mirror rigging their models.

A tutorial for my handy little trick is in this thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=36693.0

Congratulations

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 16, 2011, 12:07:47 AM
Congratulations

Is that serious or sarcasm, or both xD
Those kinda things don't transfer well on the interwebz.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on November 16, 2011, 12:15:02 AM
Is that serious or sarcasm, or both xD
Those kinda things don't transfer well on the interwebz.

75% sarcasm and 25% :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 16, 2011, 12:19:33 AM
75% sarcasm and 25% :srs:

Ah well I'll take 25% :srs: over nothing XP
It's mainly a good trick for beginners in model rigging ya know?

Though mainly I think it should only be used for arms and/or legs :l



Brawlbox is worth more money than autodesk 3ds max or Maya.  Too bad some hackers already hacked it  :happy:

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on November 16, 2011, 12:24:31 AM
Ah well I'll take 25% :srs: over nothing XP
It's mainly a good trick for beginners in model rigging ya know?

Though mainly I think it should only be used for arms and/or legs :l

Yeah it's a good trick but I wasn't being serious, I was being :srs:

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on November 16, 2011, 12:26:05 AM


Brawlbox is worth more money than autodesk 3ds max or Maya.  Too bad some hackers already hacked it  :happy:

What are you talking about? :srs:


I mean hacker-modders are using this priceless program for free and No: no-one is integrating this program or using it without ur consent that i know of

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on November 16, 2011, 12:31:53 AM

I mean hacker-modders are using this priceless program for free and No: no-one is integrating this program or using it without ur consent that i know of

Oh.

I wish I could put up a donate button, but I need like, a checking account or something and my parents are too weird to make me one or let me use their paypal account. :/

Well when im rich i promise to buy you a pool full of:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So when is the next update coming again?
Edit: The one with the metal textures fix?