Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on November 16, 2011, 02:44:55 AM
Talking about options related to textures, I thought about one the other day. Still, don't know if it would be of a real use, but I'm leaving it here:

- In a texturedata, a right-click option to 'clean' textures. This means, a quick check for the rest of the package to see which textures are used by all the models, and automatically deleting the unused textures.

- As a complementary option, a texture filler. This one would check the file for all the referenced textures that are not in the file, and would create them in a separate texturedata as 1x1 px black CMPR textures. This way you know if you lack some texture you're supposed to be using.

And another option would be a special 'export all' that would export the textures as tex0 files, and not png files, so they're untouched.

Oh, and the ability to move up/down the folders (textures(NW4R), anmchr(NW4R), etc) would be cool too. And even renaming them could be useful.
If we could rename them, importing clr0s and such would practically be done.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

So the metal material adder works, because I was able to give Nel (an already-MDL0 model) perfect metal materials that move with the screen n stuff. However, I couldn't save the file directly. I had to export the model and re-import it. Idrk why. :srs:

Also, when I tried adding metal materials to Kit (a model import), the model was all black and the textures looked like they'd been thrown in a trash compactor and then applied to the model. :srs:

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on November 16, 2011, 02:44:55 AM
Talking about options related to textures, I thought about one the other day. Still, don't know if it would be of a real use, but I'm leaving it here:

- In a texturedata, a right-click option to 'clean' textures. This means, a quick check for the rest of the package to see which textures are used by all the models, and automatically deleting the unused textures.

- As a complementary option, a texture filler. This one would check the file for all the referenced textures that are not in the file, and would create them in a separate texturedata as 1x1 px black CMPR textures. This way you know if you lack some texture you're supposed to be using.

And another option would be a special 'export all' that would export the textures as tex0 files, and not png files, so they're untouched.

Oh, and the ability to move up/down the folders (textures(NW4R), anmchr(NW4R), etc) would be cool too. And even renaming them could be useful.

I'll think about it.

BlackJax do you think add support for IK bone structure? :)

Because it would really be cool (for me at least I only know how to make bone structure like it ^^)

if you want i can provide some DAE of it (one that won't import at all and one that import but skeletton inverted in Z and Y ^^)

Something else regarding textures. Is there a way to add new PAT0s to animations? I wanna add different facial expressions in some animations, but I'm limited by the amount that's originally there.


Quote from: mr.mugenwii on November 15, 2011, 11:46:25 PM

Is that Masaklo?  If not i guess now someone could fix that old Kid Goku port with this new Brawlbox. Finally.

Wait.....what?! No, sir, I am not Masaklo, i am Masal. My friends in Minecraft call me Mas, or Admin, if on my server. Nice to meet you.
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: Soneek on November 16, 2011, 05:07:35 PM
Something else regarding textures. Is there a way to add new PAT0s to animations? I wanna add different facial expressions in some animations, but I'm limited by the amount that's originally there.

Facial expressions are something that we're bound to want, after all this metal rage goes away >.>

Hey can you add support for color nodes?

The models I'm dealing with have way too much polygons/objects to borrow another stage's nodes.

Quote from: Soneek on November 16, 2011, 05:07:35 PM
Something else regarding textures. Is there a way to add new PAT0s to animations? I wanna add different facial expressions in some animations, but I'm limited by the amount that's originally there.
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on November 16, 2011, 06:11:46 PM
Same question as above, but for SRT0 and VIS0.

There's a way, the way I import them.

Basically, you need to hex a brres file:

- Make an empty CHR0 animation in your brres
- Save it and open it with an hex editor
- Find the name of the character animation folder (AnmChr(NW4R))
- Rename it to AnmClr(NW4R), AnmTexPat(NW4R) or whatever.
- Find the CHR0 string related to the animation you created. Change it with CLR0, PAT0 or whatever.
- Save, and get into brawlbox.
- In brawlbox, you will get the correct folders with empty CLR0, PAT0, SRT0, etc files. Just import a valid file over the empty one, and save.

And that's it. I'm sure programming the importing for all these would be really easy. Still, while it's not supported, you can do this trick.

If you already have some working CHR0 node in your brres, just export it, and re-import it once you're done adding othertype nodes.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Hello to you too Masa. Anyways,  Is Nulling Normals just a matter of replacing shaders in Brawlbox?
Edit: and by this I mean just replacing them with characters that have null normals?

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on November 16, 2011, 11:20:57 PM
There's a way, the way I import them.

Basically, you need to hex a brres file:

- Make an empty CHR0 animation in your brres
- Save it and open it with an hex editor
- Find the name of the character animation folder (AnmChr(NW4R))
- Rename it to AnmClr(NW4R), AnmTexPat(NW4R) or whatever.
- Find the CHR0 string related to the animation you created. Change it with CLR0, PAT0 or whatever.
- Save, and get into brawlbox.
- In brawlbox, you will get the correct folders with empty CLR0, PAT0, SRT0, etc files. Just import a valid file over the empty one, and save.

And that's it. I'm sure programming the importing for all these would be really easy. Still, while it's not supported, you can do this trick.

If you already have some working CHR0 node in your brres, just export it, and re-import it once you're done adding othertype nodes.
THIS! you saved me :D
will keep this in mind
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on November 16, 2011, 11:27:10 PM
Hello to you too Masa. Anyways,  Is Nulling Normals just a matter of replacing shaders in Brawlbox?
Edit: and by this I mean just replacing them with characters that have null normals?


If your materials are set to Lambert, all you need to do is change their corresponding shader to Enviroment to null the normals.

Looking back at the characters that I nulled the normals by hexing editing their shaders, that's really all I changed and also explains why it didn't work on eye polygons since their materials generally had Enviroment materials.

Quote from: Beyond on November 16, 2011, 11:39:29 PM


If your materials are set to Lambert, all you need to do is change their corresponding shader to Enviroment to null the normals.

Looking back at the characters that I nulled the normals by hexing editing their shaders, that's really all I changed and also explains why it didn't work on eye polygons since their materials generally had Enviroment materials.
WoW Thanks.  So would it be a good idea to rename this feature from "Enviroment" to "Null Normals" ?    
Edit: Or add a null normal  feature? *points at blackjax*

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on November 16, 2011, 11:20:57 PM
There's a way, the way I import them.

Basically, you need to hex a brres file:

- Make an empty CHR0 animation in your brres
- Save it and open it with an hex editor
- Find the name of the character animation folder (AnmChr(NW4R))
- Rename it to AnmClr(NW4R), AnmTexPat(NW4R) or whatever.
- Find the CHR0 string related to the animation you created. Change it with CLR0, PAT0 or whatever.
- Save, and get into brawlbox.
- In brawlbox, you will get the correct folders with empty CLR0, PAT0, SRT0, etc files. Just import a valid file over the empty one, and save.

And that's it. I'm sure programming the importing for all these would be really easy. Still, while it's not supported, you can do this trick.

If you already have some working CHR0 node in your brres, just export it, and re-import it once you're done adding othertype nodes.

I'm not quite sure I understand, how do you find names in hex?

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on November 16, 2011, 11:53:12 PM
WoW Thanks.  So would it be a good idea to rename this feature from "Enviroment" to "Null Normals" ?    
Edit: Or add a null normal  feature? *points at blackjax*


I think, it should be left ass "Environment," if I recall correctly the normals were nulled whenever the Type in the material and shader didn't match.

The normals are rendered fine if both the material and shader are set to Environment though.