Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

:srs:

Programming all this is gonna take a while

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 16, 2011, 10:59:47 PM
Hey can you add support for color nodes?

The models I'm dealing with have way too much polygons/objects to borrow another stage's nodes.

I already dded the feature to manually add color nodes and attach them but removed it temporarily because it's more of an advanced feature that can easily go wrong (at the moment) and I hadn't added the support to change what color the node has yet.

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on November 16, 2011, 11:53:12 PM
WoW Thanks.  So would it be a good idea to rename this feature from "Enviroment" to "Null Normals" ?    
Edit: Or add a null normal  feature? *points at blackjax*

No. :srs:

Quote from: Xiggah on November 16, 2011, 10:56:29 PM
Facial expressions are something that we're bound to want, after all this metal rage goes away >.>

I started programming a VIS0 editor into the model viewer about a week ago

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on November 16, 2011, 11:20:57 PM
There's a way, the way I import them.

Basically, you need to hex a brres file:

- Make an empty CHR0 animation in your brres
- Save it and open it with an hex editor
- Find the name of the character animation folder (AnmChr(NW4R))
- Rename it to AnmClr(NW4R), AnmTexPat(NW4R) or whatever.
- Find the CHR0 string related to the animation you created. Change it with CLR0, PAT0 or whatever.
- Save, and get into brawlbox.
- In brawlbox, you will get the correct folders with empty CLR0, PAT0, SRT0, etc files. Just import a valid file over the empty one, and save.

And that's it. I'm sure programming the importing for all these would be really easy. Still, while it's not supported, you can do this trick.

If you already have some working CHR0 node in your brres, just export it, and re-import it once you're done adding othertype nodes.

I'll just add a button for each node for you guys. :srs:

So what's left to be programmed before we can expect the next update?

Cuz, i'm holding off on importing any models until there's at least working texture matrix support. No rush, just wondering though.

xD

Right now, the most important thing would be the support for metal textures, you should concentrate on this before more and more half-made characters are out. These other tweaks can wait, in my opinion.

Edit: +1 with Beyond  :kdance:
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Beyond on November 17, 2011, 12:54:19 AM
So what's left to be programmed before we can expect the next update?

Cuz, i'm holding off on importing any models until there's at least working texture matrix support. No rush, just wondering though.

The texture matrices should work, just turn em on or off. :srs:
The only bug left in the current released version is the layerflags for the material, but they won't mess up as long as you don't change the texture coord trans/rot/scale in the material refs.

I think the only things left until the next update are to get the object importer to stop failing to write the vertex/etc nodes and stop internally deleting the object primitive manager, and then to figure out why I can't save metal material edits directly but I can when exporting. And I guess the ability to create/import new vis0/etc nodes. Of course, it's always the really obscure and indirect errors that stop releases :srs:

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on November 17, 2011, 12:57:07 AM
xD

Right now, the most important thing would be the support for metal textures, you should concentrate on this before more and more half-made characters are out. These other tweaks can wait, in my opinion.

Edit: +1 with Beyond  :kdance:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMmMmMMMmmMmk

what are texture matrix???

is NEO the chosen one there?*shot*

seriously, what are they?

Quote from: jokekid on November 17, 2011, 01:05:47 AM
what are texture matrix???

is NEO the chosen one there?*shot*

seriously, what are they?
its wats used to make the textures work properly... i think
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Hey, BJ, do me a favor and pm me the link to tcll's chat real quick? Cant remember it.....its been a while lol

Thanx,

~Masal
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


November 17, 2011, 06:07:41 PM #6847 Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:10:21 PM by Luigi Wants MMX
Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on November 17, 2011, 12:57:07 AM
xD

Right now, the most important thing would be the support for metal textures, you should concentrate on this before more and more half-made characters are out. These other tweaks can wait, in my opinion.

Edit: +1 with Beyond  :kdance:
^This BJ, This.
Sig by Segtendo. Epic

So what's the story on the support for the different animation files? Are the .shp0 files getting any love, or just .pat0 and .vis0?

Quote from: Xiggah on November 18, 2011, 02:40:33 AM
So what's the story on the support for the different animation files? Are the .shp0 files getting any love, or just .pat0 and .vis0?

This ^ I think Clash of Ninja Revolution uses either .pat0 and .vis0 :l

Is it possible that models imported with the latest brawlbox don't work well with the old 0.63d version of brawlbox? The first 0.65 worked fine in that way, but something seems to happen with the new one. Not a big deal, but it would mean the latest version is doing something wrong.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on November 18, 2011, 03:27:34 AM
Is it possible that models imported with the latest brawlbox don't work well with the old 0.63d version of brawlbox? The first 0.65 worked fine in that way, but something seems to happen with the new one. Not a big deal, but it would mean the latest version is doing something wrong.

I changed primitive groups to write triangle facepoints all as one triangle primitive, not as multiple small triangle primitives with up to 30 facepoints each. It seems to reduce filesize and it works in Brawl, but I don't know why it would affect v0.63d. That's the only thing I changed. O.o

Btw, I added the ability to rename/delete/move brres group nodes, but I had to move the new/import buttons to the group node because Brawlbox would associate where to put the node with the name of the group. Why would you need to rename or move a brres group though? Just wondering.

Quote from: Xiggah on November 18, 2011, 02:40:33 AM
So what's the story on the support for the different animation files? Are the .shp0 files getting any love, or just .pat0 and .vis0?

SHP0 is practically done, I just need to understand it a little bit better to finish it. SRT0 though, not so much (I'd have to code an animation editor for textures... :srs:).

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on November 18, 2011, 03:27:34 AM
Is it possible that models imported with the latest brawlbox don't work well with the old 0.63d version of brawlbox? The first 0.65 worked fine in that way, but something seems to happen with the new one. Not a big deal, but it would mean the latest version is doing something wrong.

Open source, eh... When I preview a model right after import, I get an error followed by the normal preview without polygons, but it saves properly and saves work afterwards. And both of these errors remind me of how 0.64 required you to preview the model before exporting a dae.... polygon related, I mean.

Also: Yay for SHP0! And for moving brres groups is useful at least for organization, because you'd have to recreate every brres group if you wanted to mimic its old file, and with files that contain 20 brres files, it would be nice.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 18, 2011, 03:40:14 AM
I changed primitive groups to write triangle facepoints all as one triangle primitive, not as multiple small triangle primitives with up to 30 facepoints each. It seems to reduce filesize and it works in Brawl, but I don't know why it would affect v0.63d. That's the only thing I changed. O.o

Btw, I added the ability to rename/delete/move brres group nodes, but I had to move the new/import buttons to the group node because Brawlbox would associate where to put the node with the name of the group. Why would you need to rename or move a brres group though? Just wondering.

SHP0 is practically done, I just need to understand it a little bit better to finish it. SRT0 though, not so much (I'd have to code an animation editor for textures... :srs:).
hmm i've noticed that last night when i previewed a dae imported stage in brawlbox 63d modset 4.2.. shows nothing in the preview while giving an error... might be the primitives... and i noticed that the Unknown4 in the latest BB is bak as 257 instead of 256 lol
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on November 18, 2011, 03:53:45 AM
hmm i've noticed that last night when i previewed a dae imported stage in brawlbox 63d modset 4.2.. shows nothing in the preview while giving an error... might be the primitives... and i noticed that the Unknown4 in the latest BB is bak as 257 instead of 256 lol

Yeah, characters are 257 and stages/items are 256.
I'll add some kind of import settings screen sometime... :srs: