Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 18, 2011, 03:56:10 AM
Yeah, characters are 257 and stages/items are 256.
I'll add some kind of import settings screen sometime... :srs:
i say do that after metal shaders and SHP0's r fully fixed :P

shame u dont kno much bout SRT0's... they'll be really useful x3  (i wonder if its possible to have them be previewed in its own way like with CHR0 files....)
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on November 18, 2011, 03:59:13 AM
i say do that after metal shaders and SHP0's r fully fixed :P

shame u dont kno much bout SRT0's... they'll be really useful x3  (i wonder if its possible to have them be previewed in its own way like with CHR0 files....)

I just coded some more stuff to parse SHP0s and they might be a little bit more complicated than I thought. There are lists of Vector3s... I think Brawl might literally "morph" between faces with SHP0... O_o

Also, it's a good thing I have a copy of the v0.63d modset source.

Ok, apparently there are null influence entries written in NodeMix. v0.65 has more error handlers than v0.63d does. I'll see if I can stop the null entries, although they're removed if you save the MDL0 again in v0.65 after changing one thing and then changing it back to force a rebuild.

Apart from more programming demands, are you sure it would be too much of a hassle to set up a donation paypal for yourself? Because you really should get one.

Quote from: Xiggah on November 18, 2011, 04:09:53 AM
Apart from more programming demands, are you sure it would be too much of a hassle to set up a donation paypal for yourself? Because you really should get one.

It's not a hassle, it's just that I can't. I apparently need a checking account, and my parents were "thinking" about it for a really long time but they couldn't make up their minds. Then it became a huge deal out of nowhere and I really never figured out why they can't get me a checking account. I can't use their account because they think they're going to get hacked. :srs:

Parents, eh?

One question, what are you all talking about with this SHP0 business? I've never heard that one before.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 18, 2011, 04:13:15 AM
It's not a hassle, it's just that I can't. I apparently need a checking account, and my parents were "thinking" about it for a really long time but they couldn't make up their minds. Then it became a huge deal out of nowhere and I really never figured out why they can't get me a checking account. I can't use their account because they think they're going to get hacked. :srs:

That's a shame. I suppose you could always ask donaters to buy you stuff over the internet... but if I ever get donation money from my Brawl hacks, you better be ready to get some cash!

And .shp0 files are basically vertex morphs, used to create face expressions rather than switch between different face polygons.

lol apparently I fixed the null influence thing sometime while updating Brawlbox without even knowing it.

lol the null influence for that object adder? or... for the SHP0?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on November 18, 2011, 04:44:00 AM
lol the null influence for that object adder? or... for the SHP0?

No, with imported models. It's why you couldn't view them correctly in v0.63d.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 18, 2011, 04:45:27 AM
No, with imported models. It's why you couldn't view them correctly in v0.63d.
oh i see... good job then!
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Xiggah on November 18, 2011, 04:16:53 AM
And .shp0 files are basically vertex morphs, used to create face expressions rather than switch between different face polygons.
Yeah i kinda worked it after reading around in your Pony thread, but okay. :O


I know a little about SRT0 files, I've edited them sometimes to change their speed. But I don't guess an editor is necessary for the moment, all we need to make things easier is just a bunch of menus under 'add', including MDL0, CHR0, CLR0, PAT0...

With a blank node creator for more things than just models and CHR0s things would be easier enough.

Another thing to look into in the future: CLR0s... They really need some attention, the last time I checked the nodes couldn't be exported, and they're simple enough to be fixed. Also, there exist some kind of double-layer CLR0s that aren't supported right now, it would be something for the future too (battlefield's sky is an example).

But now the most important thing is metals!! xD
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I know also a bit about SRT0, similar to PAT0 which I know much about.
could change which texture would be affected, where it goes, scale, rotate ect :3
but I only now little, not every hex :/

but do the metal first, that's the most important!

(can't wait for custom eye motion either :])
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: Xiggah on November 18, 2011, 04:16:53 AM
And .shp0 files are basically vertex morphs, used to create face expressions rather than switch between different face polygons.

or the boob bouncing in DoA ? XD (dead or alive)