Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on November 22, 2011, 04:19:09 AM

Also, I have a question regarding things like models from PS games and stuff. Is there a way to outright prevent Brawl from applying filtering to a texture? Resizing the texture 4x can only get you so far.

I know theres a terraria themed stage in the vault with unfiltered textures, perhaps you could ask the author of that stage how he did it

November 22, 2011, 08:13:14 PM #7021 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:14:32 PM by slawter
If i remember correctly someone mentioned something about the Mario Kart Wii model format being similar to the Brawl format. Would it be plausible to rig a model to a MKW character's skeleton and import it into MKW via Brawlbox so the character would still be animated or would the be compatability issues?

My CSS Icons:
[1][2]



Still missing parameters.

Quote from: slawter on November 22, 2011, 08:13:14 PM
If i remember correctly someone mentioned something about the Mario Kart Wii model format being similar to the Brawl format. Would it be plausible to rig a model to a MKW characters skeleton and import it into MKW via Brawlbox or would the be compatability issues?

It should work, just be sure to save it as a v11.


I love it!
Even though I won't be using the PSA part :P
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


We really are getting closer to the almighty Brawlbox that can work every file in Brawl!

I will use PSA with BB instead for PSA :]
this is win!
Stupid Tinypic :C

Are you going to keep the parameters , attributes, etc. files internal or external? Just wondering because external files are a lot easier to update when new discoveries are found.

Looks friggin' amazing, though. Cannot wait to use something other than PSA.

Quote from: Shadic on November 22, 2011, 10:13:38 PM
Are you going to keep the parameters , attributes, etc. files internal or external? Just wondering because external files are a lot easier to update when new discoveries are found.

Looks friggin' amazing, though. Cannot wait to use something other than PSA.

I'm just gonna keep it internal for now, although I might eventually make it search for external files to read instead before using the internal dictionary.

Yo Black Jax, One Slot Movesets?  If you can rename all bones, and rename the name of all bones in the animations with your replace all tool, would it be possible?

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on November 22, 2011, 10:22:55 PM
Yo Black Jax, One Slot Movesets?  If you can rename all bones, and rename the name of all bones in the animations with your replace all tool, would it be possible?

I don't think so, the moveset file manipulates bones n stuff by their index, not by their name.

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on November 22, 2011, 10:22:55 PM
Yo Black Jax, One Slot Movesets?  If you can rename all bones, and rename the name of all bones in the animations with your replace all tool, would it be possible?

The issue with one slot movesets is about having one fitXXXXXmotionetc file work differently for two separate FitXXXXX00.pacs/pcs, right? Even if you had separate animations for FitLucario00.pac and FitLucario01.pac, all of the information in the FitLucario.pac, such as the hitbox and sound information, would still be the same for both slots.

November 22, 2011, 10:44:13 PM #7032 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 10:45:05 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Xiggah on November 22, 2011, 10:41:40 PM
The issue with one slot movesets is about having one fitXXXXXmotionetc file work differently for two separate FitXXXXX00.pacs/pcs, right? Even if you had separate animations for FitLucario00.pac and FitLucario01.pac, all of the information in the FitLucario.pac, such as the hitbox and sound information, would still be the same for both slots.

Oh multiple characters with one motionetc is definitely possible, just make sure all the bone names are different when you make an animation over anothe animation and there you go. A CHR0 with two animations for two different models. It'll be less time consuming once I code the CHR0 merger.

Like I said before, the problem is the moveset file and bone indexes.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 22, 2011, 10:44:13 PM
Oh multiple characters with one motionetc is definitely possible, just make sure all the bone names are different when you make an animation over anothe animation and there you go. A CHR0 with two animations for two different models. It'll be less time consuming once I code the CHR0 merger.

Like I said before, the problem is the moveset file and bone indexes.
thats would need outside coding  since psa cant tell who the character is since it goes by hindexing  so until someone codes the gct to load two pac files of the same character we are stuck :S
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 22, 2011, 10:15:45 PM
I'm just gonna keep it internal for now, although I might eventually make it search for external files to read instead before using the internal dictionary.
That would be really cool.