Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Epic Pervy on December 01, 2011, 04:08:35 AM
Yo BJ, brawl box has suddenly started not letting me do imports. Now matter how I right it I get an error thats says "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Post the error.

Here it is
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

Quote from: Epic Pervy on December 01, 2011, 04:21:11 AM
Here it is
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Did you remove a bone from the skin bone list?
Are there any unweighted vertices?
Are all the weights valid? (I've seen weights with like, the # symbol and letters in them :srs:)

Something is definitely wrong with your rig, so if you can't find out the problem then you'll have to restart.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 01, 2011, 04:37:53 AM
Did you remove a bone from the skin bone list?
Are there any unweighted vertices?
Are all the weights valid? (I've seen weights with like, the # symbol and letters in them :srs:)

Something is definitely wrong with your rig, so if you can't find out the problem then you'll have to restart.

Lol, sounds like crazy weights. I'll go though this list and check though everything, and if it doesn't work restart, and if THAT doesn't work, I'll come back <.<

EDIT: MAYBE! It's just my computer, I didn't do anything yet and it started working again. Honestly this problem has been on and off alot >.>
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

December 01, 2011, 04:56:31 AM #7159 Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 05:04:30 AM by Tcll
I only just caught up on half the 1st page...
but I've got a few bamf's for brbx for you BJ ;)

- only the primary model is animated (multi-model viewing)
- animation coords are messed up (inverse transformation isn't possible)
- brbx doesn't add a set bone to all animations (I wanted to add 'HipN00' to my custom model)
- Pachirisu's animations didn't port properly (was expecting a keyframe rescale)
- brbx doesn't rebuild a v9 MDL0 from a v11 MDL0 (and vice-versa)

a little more on the messed up coords...
the coords still don't translate to quaternion properly >_>
but I have an img of what I've figured out that comes close to the correct proportions of what I need
(if I can just UL it) DX

those aside, I was a little disappointed you didn't add a REFT handler <:\
(just copy the REFF handler and read the "TEX0" data)

EDIT: and I see we have yet another famous 3DS bug in the works XDD
(lol sry... had to comment after being reminded of 3DS destroying my one compy) ):>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 01, 2011, 05:02:47 AM #7160 Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 05:05:09 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Tcll on December 01, 2011, 04:56:31 AM
I only just caught up on half the 1st page...
but I've got a few bamf's for brbx for you BJ ;)

- only the primary model is animated (multi-model viewing)
- animation coords are messed up (inverse transformation isn't possible)
- brbx doesn't add a set bone to all animations (I wanted to add 'HipN00' to my custom model)
- Pachirisu's animations didn't port properly (was expecting a keyframe rescale)
- brbx doesn't rebuild a v9 MDL0 from a v11 MDL0 (and vice-versa)

a little more on the messed up coords...
the coords still don't translate to quaternion properly >_>
but I have an img of what I've figured out that comes close to the correct proportions of what I need
(if I can just UL it) DX

those aside, I was a little disappointed you didn't add a REFT handler <:\
(just copy the REFF handler and read the "TEX0" data)

YOU'RE ALIVE! :srs:

- who do you think I am; Kamina?
- wat
- wat
- ok, I'll just add in scale porting in the next version, no big deal
- yeah it does, I did it myself. :srs:

And Brawlbox uses euler rotations, not quaternions. I don't really know much about the rotation handling stuff, blame Kryal >_>

And the REFT header and offsets are the same as REFF? :srs:






















:srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 01, 2011, 05:02:47 AM
YOU&#039;RE ALIVE! :srs:

- who do you think I am; Kamina?
- wat
- wat
- ok, I&#039;ll just add in scale porting in the next version, no big deal
- yeah it does, I did it myself. :srs:

And Brawlbox uses euler rotations, not quaternions. I don&#039;t really know much about the rotation handling stuff, blame Kryal &gt;_&gt;

And the REFT header and offsets are the same as REFF? :srs:
why so srs bro  :af2:

lol anyways,
1. can't be on too long (have to work tomorrow) (I hate it)
2. this net connection sux ballz DX (took 3 hrs to get on this site's home page)

anyways...
- was just expecting all the models, or the selected models to animate
- the XYZ coords are not the actual coords (subtract the bone XYZ coords from them)(*)
- see 2nd (*)
- thanx ^_^
- I had to do it by hand (Pachi was COMPLETELY messed up) D:

(*): X = AnimX-BoneX
(*): for Pachi, I wanted to add the bone 'Origin' with a set scale of 1.5 to all the animations

and yes, they're basically the same file... :srs:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Any idea what I do with a .mtl file for a OBJ? O.o

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

^ if memory serves, it contains UV and material data

Quote from: Anonymous on December 01, 2011, 10:50:41 PM
^ if memory serves, it contains UV and material data

That helps me how?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Tcll on December 01, 2011, 05:37:26 AM
why so srs bro  :af2:

lol anyways,
1. can't be on too long (have to work tomorrow) (I hate it)
2. this net connection sux ballz DX (took 3 hrs to get on this site's home page)

anyways...
- was just expecting all the models, or the selected models to animate
- the XYZ coords are not the actual coords (subtract the bone XYZ coords from them)(*)
- see 2nd (*)
- thanx ^_^
- I had to do it by hand (Pachi was COMPLETELY messed up) D:

(*): X = AnimX-BoneX
(*): for Pachi, I wanted to add the bone 'Origin' with a set scale of 1.5 to all the animations

and yes, they're basically the same file... :srs:

what TEH

Quote from: Velen on December 01, 2011, 10:28:39 PM
Any idea what I do with a .mtl file for a OBJ? O.o

You do nothing with it, just keep it in the same directory as the obj. :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 02, 2011, 12:16:33 AM
what TEH

You do nothing with it, just keep it in the same directory as the obj. :srs:

I'm supposed to know this, HOW?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on December 02, 2011, 12:42:58 AM
I'm supposed to know this, HOW?

Know what?
You don't need to know anything. :srs:

Quote from: Velen on December 02, 2011, 12:42:58 AM
I'm supposed to know this, HOW?

When additional files don't have specifications, it's best to leave them alone.

0_o
...
-1 for the ponies

anyways...
.obj == object
.mtl == material

hopefully that helps solve some issues ^_^

I'm working on an additional format for obj for my converter...

since the obj format alone can have weight groups, but not bones,
I've decided to append the .bne format to it,
which will hold weights for each group with a base on the primitive index...

what that means is the weights will be based on the vert index,
but not until after the indexed bone...


BJ, feel free to add support for the bne format to brbx ;)
---
b loc rot sca mtx

w boneIdx vertIdx
---


due to obj format specs and to prevent errors in other programs,
the link to the bne file will be in a comment-type format


EDIT:
well...
I just found out some stuff I didn't know about the obj format:
http://www.martinreddy.net/gfx/3d/OBJ.spec

I may have to reconsider my format >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.