Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Hey BJ remember when I was having that bone adding issue 60 or so pages back where you answered, "Add a bone. Save. Close. Open. Add a bone. Repeat. Never fails"? Welp I just attempted at the project again after figuring out a few more things and there really is a bone limit. I have the working .pac right now and trying to add any kind of bone anywhere will break brawlbox.

Here's a link to the file if it helps:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ms9yvq3e4ijv89m

Its just an Ike00.pac with some bones added. I needed to get everything added before I started rigging this time. Though just adding those 9 bones screwed Ike all the up.
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: frostymm on December 19, 2011, 05:48:57 PM
Hey BJ remember when I was having that bone adding issue 60 or so pages back where you answered, "Add a bone. Save. Close. Open. Add a bone. Repeat. Never fails"? Welp I just attempted at the project again after figuring out a few more things and there really is a bone limit. I have the working .pac right now and trying to add any kind of bone anywhere will break brawlbox.

Here's a link to the file if it helps:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ms9yvq3e4ijv89m

Its just an Ike00.pac with some bones added. I needed to get everything added before I started rigging this time. Though just adding those 9 bones screwed Ike all the up.

It would be nice if you could send the model before you broke it...

December 19, 2011, 06:22:20 PM #7457 Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:23:38 PM by frostymm
That is the model before it was broken O.o
That model looks ridiculous for some reason but all I did was add some bones and it doesn't crash brawlbox.... Unless you add 1 more....
Does it not work for you? or are you reffering to the fact that its all stretched out?

Edit: Also the model was just ikes. I was only testing to see if I could add the bones I needed. Unfortunately I need to Add objects that equal out to about adding 32 bones....
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

December 19, 2011, 06:23:09 PM #7458 Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:05:02 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: frostymm on December 19, 2011, 06:22:20 PM
That is the model before it was broken O.o
That model looks ridiculous for some reason but all I did was add some bones and it doesn't crash brawlbox.... Unless you add 1 more....
Does it not work for you? or are you reffering to the fact that its all stretched out?

It throws an error when I open the brres.

Edit: I figured out what was screwing up the model importer and I fixed it. Now I'm back to modifying the up-to-date source code.
It was kind of a waste of time moving new stuff to the old source yesterday, but whatever. [censored] happens. :srs:
I also removed the WIP PMD stuff cuz people don't seem to understand that it doesn't work yet. :srs:

December 19, 2011, 07:15:56 PM #7459 Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:17:25 PM by frostymm
Well that's odd, it opens just fine for me with your latest release v0.65. O.o

Edit: I even just tried downloading the file that I uploaded in case it somehow corrupted. Still works fine. Should I post the error I get after adding another bone in the error forum?
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: frostymm on December 19, 2011, 07:15:56 PM
Well that's odd, it opens just fine for me with your latest release v0.65. O.o

Edit: I even just tried downloading the file that I uploaded in case it somehow corrupted. Still works fine. Should I post the error I get after adding another bone in the error forum?

Nah, I got it to open. It's stretched out like hell though. I can see the bones you added.
Maybe it breaks the model if you add another bone because it's already broken (the stretching)? :srs:

Indeed, but all I really did was add bones. If it breaks from less than 9 I don't think I'm ever going to make it to 32 >.>.... Is there anyway you could find it in your programming god heart to fix this at some point in the near/medium/distant future?
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: frostymm on December 19, 2011, 07:29:11 PM
Indeed, but all I really did was add bones. If it breaks from less than 9 I don't think I'm ever going to make it to 32 >.>.... Is there anyway you could find it in your programming god heart to fix this at some point in the near/medium/distant future?

http://www.mediafire.com/?k3w13gva3pf1eeh

December 19, 2011, 08:03:29 PM #7463 Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:47:57 PM by frostymm
Though I meant the programs bone adding issue, you sir are awesome <3 Thanks


Edit: Moving any of those bones upward into his bone tree and viewing the model, it looks fine. But as soon as you save it and open it up again it's all stretched out again.
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

While we're asking questions here (although not Brawlbox related) Is there a way to get 3DS Max to display a Brawl model with its proper material and shader settings?

loving it BJ

And check out Brawl-Imports for the most recent version of my mdl0 template.
I should hopefully have a better UD soon. :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

oh btw BJ,
IK you'll know this :P

In the GID build code, there's pString.compairbits(0)

How exactly does 'compairbits' work??
(does it use AND or OR for the compairison??)

And I found out that it uses a byte value from the string...

I'll have more info once I figure it out... >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Hey i have a problem, I am making a Stage builder Based Stage using brawl box 65 and I added lots of models and stuff, and now when i try to add another model or edit the models already in it, after i save it and close it and reopen it and go to preview Collision data or Preview Model it freezes and also it wont work on the wii after i save it, Can someone Help me? Plz?
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/95Shade/101179119981687
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/95Shade?feature=mhee
Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/95ShadeZGamer

Quote from: 95Shade on December 21, 2011, 03:43:30 AM
Hey i have a problem, I am making a Stage builder Based Stage using brawl box 65 and I added lots of models and stuff, and now when i try to add another model or edit the models already in it, after i save it and close it and reopen it and go to preview Collision data or Preview Model it freezes and also it wont work on the wii after i save it, Can someone Help me? Plz?
a model mustve gotten corrupted.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: 95Shade on December 21, 2011, 03:43:30 AM
Hey i have a problem, I am making a Stage builder Based Stage using brawl box 65 and I added lots of models and stuff, and now when i try to add another model or edit the models already in it, after i save it and close it and reopen it and go to preview Collision data or Preview Model it freezes and also it wont work on the wii after i save it, Can someone Help me? Plz?
lol, this happened to me too, u'll have to start over, and save often