Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tcll on December 22, 2011, 07:57:10 PM
@carnage:
primitives are the basics in geometrical model rendering:
1 - Points
2 - Lines
3 - Line-Strips
4 - Triangles
5 - Triangle-Strips
6 - Triangle-Fans
7 - Quads
8 - Quad-Strips (not commonly used (somewhat glitchy with materials))
I have an image on my Picasa, but I'm not typing in the link :srs:

Quote from: Tcll on December 22, 2011, 07:57:10 PM
you know I'd help if I could BJ :)
I can't though -.-*

@carnage:
primitives are the basics in geometrical model rendering:
1 - Points
2 - Lines
3 - Line-Strips
4 - Triangles
5 - Triangle-Strips
6 - Triangle-Fans
7 - Quads
8 - Quad-Strips (not commonly used (somewhat glitchy with materials))
I have an image on my Picasa, but I'm not typing in the link :srs:

EDIT:
I have an old Emutalk thread telling about me learning the basics :P
(google search: 'Melee Archive Viewer')
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 22, 2011, 08:02:11 PM

i see lol but i never actually worked with 3d models at all the code i did was like use inserted values on the program i would save them on a database and when the device was on it checked  the temperature of the room with the one in database and if it was lower  the system would start to work until it was =or bigger than the one in the database even with this picture i dont have a clue to what they do, how to readthem or even where to find them :S
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 22, 2011, 08:02:11 PM

..........
HOW THE HELL CAN U EVEN READ THAT! DX

but im guessing the V1-V11 is for like the model formats? i kno im like completely wrong on that theory
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I'll help once I've done a few more of my classes. Only got passed the first one so far =/ Becoming a video game programmer takes time.
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: DSX8 Fi on December 22, 2011, 08:17:19 PM
..........
HOW THE HELL CAN U EVEN READ THAT! DX

but im guessing the V1-V11 is for like the model formats? i kno im like completely wrong on that theory

Yeah, you're completely wrong. XD
v0 is vertex 0, v1 is vertex 1, etc
(Programmers usually start counting at 0 instead of 1)

Quote from: frostymm on December 22, 2011, 08:27:43 PM
I'll help once I've done a few more of my classes. Only got passed the first one so far =/ Becoming a video game programmer takes time.

Coolio :D
I hope that's soon. :srs:

I will like to know what you are talking about but a can't lol
also how is going everything :D
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


December 22, 2011, 09:00:34 PM #7521 Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 09:05:20 PM by Tcll
@frostymm: indeed it does my friend :P
I've had to throw away my old method of development because of Nurbs

@carnage:
well, for the very basics,
a model is defined using points in a 3D vector space (verts)
the mesh is created using faces or primitives...

here's an obj of a cube:
v 0.5 0.5 0.5 #a vert
v 0.5 0.5 -0.5
v 0.5 -0.5 0.5
v 0.5 -0.5 -0.5
v -0.5 0.5 0.5
v -0.5 0.5 -0.5
v -0.5 -0.5 0.5
v -0.5 -0.5 -0.5

f 1 2 4 3 #quad
f 3 4 8 7
f 7 8 6 5
f 5 6 2 1
f 1 3 7 5
f 2 4 6 #triangle
f 4 6 8

we should now have a centered 1x1x1 cube with 5 quads and 2 triangles.
you may paste the code into an obj and import it into 3DS to test it out :)

O.o
I think that's actually my first model I've been able to perfect with faces while only using a piece of papar :af:
(I didn't use my compy this time :P )

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 22, 2011, 08:02:11 PM

Quote from: Tcll on December 22, 2011, 09:00:34 PM
@frostymm: indeed it does my friend :P
I've had to throw away my old method of development because of Nurbs

@carnage:
well, for the very basics,
a model is defined using points in a 3D vector space (verts)
the mesh is created using faces or primitives...

here's an obj of a cube:
v 0.5 0.5 0.5 #a vert
v 0.5 0.5 -0.5
v 0.5 -0.5 0.5
v 0.5 -0.5 -0.5
v -0.5 0.5 0.5
v -0.5 0.5 -0.5
v -0.5 -0.5 0.5
v -0.5 -0.5 -0.5

f 1 2 4 3 #quad
f 3 4 8 7
f 7 8 6 5
f 5 6 2 1
f 1 3 7 5
f 2 4 6 #triangle
f 4 6 8

we should now have a centered 1x1x1 cube with 5 quads and 2 triangles.
you may paste the code into an obj and import it into 3DS to test it out :)

O.o
I think that's actually my first model I've been able to perfect with faces while only using a piece of papar :af:
(I didn't use my compy this time :P )
seems pretty easy :3
Stupid Tinypic :C

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I think I actually understood that :D
Also seeing that one side of the cube uses two triangles, I guess you also could replace it with a quad?
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Sky Grounder on December 22, 2011, 09:37:00 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I think I actually understood that :D
Also seeing that one side of the cube uses two triangles, I guess you also could replace it with a quad?
exactly :)
I only used the 2 triangles to demonstrate just how loose the 3D system is.

sadly though, strips and fans aren't possible in obj files...
however, multi-sided polygons are possible,
they're just glitchy like quadstrips

the problem is the vert order:

1 4
| |
2-3

vs

1 3
|/|
2 4

the first example renders perfectly while the second example has been known to have normal and material errors.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I have some issue with the model importer and I would like to request something:

As far as I know, the importer automatically uses the most efficient format for every value in the model, or at least most of them. This includes the UV points, which, in some case, in some model, differs from the original in a visible way.

I have my own way to avoid this, that is changing one of the UV coordinates in each UV set to a big number, so I force the importer to use float values. Then, with my UV tool I restore the changed coordinate back to normal, and everything is okay.

So, instead of asking for a workaround to see why some coordinates are wrong when written in some formats, I would ask that, if possible, we could get some 'global options' menu for brawlbox, so we can select if the model importer tries to use the most efficient format for UVs, vertices, etc, or force them to be in some specific format. I would use this to always force UVs to be float so I can edit them with my tool, and be sure that they're imported correctly.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on December 23, 2011, 01:26:47 AM
I have some issue with the model importer and I would like to request something:

As far as I know, the importer automatically uses the most efficient format for every value in the model, or at least most of them. This includes the UV points, which, in some case, in some model, differs from the original in a visible way.

I have my own way to avoid this, that is changing one of the UV coordinates in each UV set to a big number, so I force the importer to use float values. Then, with my UV tool I restore the changed coordinate back to normal, and everything is okay.

So, instead of asking for a workaround to see why some coordinates are wrong when written in some formats, I would ask that, if possible, we could get some 'global options' menu for brawlbox, so we can select if the model importer tries to use the most efficient format for UVs, vertices, etc, or force them to be in some specific format. I would use this to always force UVs to be float so I can edit them with my tool, and be sure that they're imported correctly.

I already got you covered. :)
Just wait for mah boi Santa.

I know my models, I know my C#, and I do know my C++, but I know I'm not one of the helpers. Still, I wish the best of luck to you guys.

Quote from: Xiggah on December 23, 2011, 01:48:54 AM
I know my models, I know my C#, and I do know my C++, but I know I'm not one of the helpers. Still, I wish the best of luck to you guys.
he did say that any1 can help him u kno xP
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Xiggah on December 23, 2011, 01:48:54 AM
I know my models, I know my C#, and I do know my C++, but I know I'm not one of the helpers. Still, I wish the best of luck to you guys.

Wut.
"You guys" would be just me. :srs:

Quote from: DSX8 Fi on December 23, 2011, 01:49:42 AM
he did say that any1 can help him u kno xP

^ This.
If you want to help and you know C#, then why aren't you helping me already?