Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 26, 2011, 05:03:35 AM
With the newly released BrawlBox beta, could a beginner like me fix the bones related to Wolf's grab animation?  It looks too bizarre as it is.

Probably. Depends on what you need to do exactly.

December 26, 2011, 06:42:46 AM #7636 Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 08:33:06 AM by DSX8 Fi
heh well im glad that the SRT0 files r slowly being made properly... even tho i tried to test a modified SRT0 (exports fine but crashes upon replacing)

either ways... keep up the good work!!  (i want the SRT0's to be finished so i can upgrade my TvC stages and use their original SRT0's)

edit: Yo BJ! I just figured out that Unknown3 for SRT0's is for enabling loop. I checked alot of SRT0 files in brawl's stages and their all pretty much 1, but found some that were also at 0, so im probably correct that its Loop.

as for any other data on them, Im at a complete even tho it should save just fine once done. (even tho i kno that the rebuilding code for them isnt done yet)

edit2: Imported SRT0's has their framecount Data in Unknown1 it seems like.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

December 26, 2011, 11:22:39 AM #7637 Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 11:24:04 AM by Tcll
hey BJ...
I just need a bit of advice :/

in order to handle any missed errors, I've thought about putting in an 'unhandled excepton' error...

the advice I need is weather I should put the error upon execution of the initiator function
(the function that calls the user modules (such as COMMON.py)),
or on the execution of the user functions
(what's inside COMMON.py)
what do you think would be better??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 26, 2011, 11:22:57 AM #7638 Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 11:25:06 AM by Sky Grounder
BJ, I don't know if you remember, but I posted something about collision files some hundred pages back (page 167)
QuoteOh, and I found out some information about collision files:

The 'Unknown 2' checkbox seems to only be used by the homerun contest barrier collision
(the one that blocks the sandbag and homerun bat, but not the players).
'Unknown 2' makes collision that works only for items.

'Unknown 1' makes it so that characters actually can interfere with the collision (as well as other things)
So if you uncheck 'Unknown 1', the collision won't work for characters.

Awesome Part:
If you uncheck 'Unknown 1', but check 'Unknown 2', the collision will work with only items  

To sum it up:
Unknown 1 = Collision for characters and everything else
Unknown 2 = Collision only for items

Unchecking them both makes a collision that only works for PKMN trainer.
Hope this may be useful
Are you still gonna add a drop-down box (or something similar) for it?
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Don't know if this was already mentioned, but I can't seem to get the checker floor to appear.

i applyed the auto metal texture to one of my imports and the polygons exploded in game
but in brawlbox it looks normal
i didnt made a backup of my model and i cant find the max file to export it again
so is it possible to make it work in game again without rig the whole model again?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 26, 2011, 03:31:46 AM
Right click an animation and click the button that says "Merge Animation" or something.

I cannot seem to be able to do this "Merge animation" thing.
I right click on the animations and it says:
- Replace
- Export
- Port animation (mdl0 file)

How is this done exactly?

Thx in advance

December 26, 2011, 02:32:27 PM #7642 Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:43:36 PM by Tcll
Quote from: namq on December 26, 2011, 02:04:58 PM
- Replace
- Export
- Port animation (mdl0 file)

only those 3 options :srs:

I thought you said you added what I asked for BJ <_<
(CHR0a + CHR0b = CHR0c)

EDIT:
and if I may make another request...

parent_keyframe * -1 (working perfectly)
(for DPv4.5's single-slot animations)


HipN should move freely while HipN00 remains in it's place.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 26, 2011, 02:56:11 PM #7643 Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:58:06 PM by Tcll
Quote from: Tcll on December 02, 2011, 11:29:12 AM
hey BJ...
can you correct this in brbx for me:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/-hS22E84fFos/Tti1ItsqqII/AAAAAAAADo8/wG9R_3BrJp4/DPv4.5%2Bproblem.PNG

(so I don't have to do any math to get the inverse transformations >_>

basically, I'm bringing this up again

it's needed because I'm still unable to get the model in it's original position >_>

EDIT: :srs:
they've removed the no-sig option.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

if you change something in brawlbox with jigglypuff like changing Material and shadnings, save and reopen, BB crashes D:

and BB can't open Toonlinks FitToonLinkMotion in it's MotionEct, it saying it's PAT0s is wierd D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

Here comes BlackJax to save the day!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41055.0
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Looking for animations you cannot make yourself? Come request here.


Currently Working on
- Neku Animations
- Sanji Animations
- Crystal Animations

That's a really good update, I, personally, like the fact, that I can finally edit the "color" files, it won't save after changing the values though :(

December 26, 2011, 07:30:47 PM #7647 Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 07:32:23 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: DSX8 Fi on December 26, 2011, 06:42:46 AM
heh well im glad that the SRT0 files r slowly being made properly... even tho i tried to test a modified SRT0 (exports fine but crashes upon replacing)

either ways... keep up the good work!!  (i want the SRT0's to be finished so i can upgrade my TvC stages and use their original SRT0's)

edit: Yo BJ! I just figured out that Unknown3 for SRT0's is for enabling loop. I checked alot of SRT0 files in brawl's stages and their all pretty much 1, but found some that were also at 0, so im probably correct that its Loop.

as for any other data on them, Im at a complete even tho it should save just fine once done. (even tho i kno that the rebuilding code for them isnt done yet)

edit2: Imported SRT0's has their framecount Data in Unknown1 it seems like.

Already knew about that. Was focusing on reading the data first so I didn't change it yet. Also, that SRT0 is probably a different version or I changed it accidentally to unk1.

Quote from: Tcll on December 26, 2011, 11:22:39 AM
hey BJ...
I just need a bit of advice :/

in order to handle any missed errors, I've thought about putting in an 'unhandled excepton' error...

the advice I need is weather I should put the error upon execution of the initiator function
(the function that calls the user modules (such as COMMON.py)),
or on the execution of the user functions
(what's inside COMMON.py)
what do you think would be better??

idk man sorry

Quote from: Sky Grounder on December 26, 2011, 11:22:57 AM
BJ, I don't know if you remember, but I posted something about collision files some hundred pages back (page 167)Are you still gonna add a drop-down box (or something similar) for it?

Yeah, I completely forgot. Thanks for reminding me, I will.

Quote from: Mastaklo on December 26, 2011, 11:59:14 AM
i applyed the auto metal texture to one of my imports and the polygons exploded in game
but in brawlbox it looks normal
i didnt made a backup of my model and i cant find the max file to export it again
so is it possible to make it work in game again without rig the whole model again?

Just turn HasTextureMatrix to False in each material reference. It's at the very top.

Quote from: namq on December 26, 2011, 02:04:58 PM
I cannot seem to be able to do this "Merge animation" thing.
I right click on the animations and it says:
- Replace
- Export
- Port animation (mdl0 file)

How is this done exactly?

Thx in advance
Quote from: Tcll on December 26, 2011, 02:32:27 PM

only those 3 options :srs:

I thought you said you added what I asked for BJ <_<
(CHR0a + CHR0b = CHR0c)

Look around in obvious locations...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: ds22 on December 26, 2011, 11:55:22 AM
Don't know if this was already mentioned, but I can't seem to get the checker floor to appear.

:srs:?


Quote from: LloyDanny on December 26, 2011, 06:12:22 PM
That's a really good update, I, personally, like the fact, that I can finally edit the "color" files, it won't save after changing the values though :(

Works perfectly for me.
Before:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

After:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Don't know what to tell you about that one.

Quote from: pikazz on December 26, 2011, 03:26:17 PM
if you change something in brawlbox with jigglypuff like changing Material and shadnings, save and reopen, BB crashes D:

and BB can't open Toonlinks FitToonLinkMotion in it's MotionEct, it saying it's PAT0s is wierd D:

:srs:

Quote from: Tcll on December 26, 2011, 02:32:27 PM
and if I may make another request...

parent_keyframe * -1 (working perfectly)
(for DPv4.5's single-slot animations)


HipN should move freely while HipN00 remains in it's place.
Quote from: Tcll on December 26, 2011, 02:56:11 PM

basically, I'm bringing this up again

it's needed because I'm still unable to get the model in it's original position >_>

EDIT: :srs:
they've removed the no-sig option.

Just do the math. :srs:

Ah yes i can't see the floor to...
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Infernape99 on December 26, 2011, 07:31:36 PM
Ah yes i can't see the floor to...
It doesn't work when trying to activate it from the 'view' tab. :srs: