Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Hey Tech!!

...

Pichu still hasn't been imported yet... >_>

Quote from: Roo on December 02, 2011, 03:57:44 AM
Hey Tech!!

...

Pichu still hasn't been imported yet... >_>
*would do it if i had his melee obj file*
>.>
..........
dont ask for a request (is on a break)
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on December 02, 2011, 03:58:37 AM
*would do it if i had his melee obj file*
>.>
..........
dont ask for a request (is on a break)
I have a request!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If you don't get the spoiler joke read the last few pages of the Skyward sword thread xD

Sorry I just don't know what counts as a spoiler anymore....*shrug*

Quote from: DSX8 on December 02, 2011, 03:58:37 AM
*would do it if i had his melee obj file*
>.>
..........
dont ask for a request (is on a break)
you wouldn't want it dude XDD
you'd have to add weights to it and everything .-.


but still...
UMC 3x will be able to convert melee bones.
I promise that ;)

the only downside when converting melee files is the data names will have to be the offset itself >_>
(since melee files don't contain strings other than the base-node names)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 02, 2011, 04:10:00 AM
you wouldn't want it dude XDD
you'd have to add weights to it and everything .-.


but still...
UMC 3x will be able to convert melee bones.
I promise that ;)

the only downside when converting melee files is the data names will have to be the offset itself >_>
(since melee files don't contain strings other than the base-node names)
lol that is fine with me... i dont mind doing all the weights since pikachu has no finger bones :P
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

What I'm confused about is what do I need to do different when I import an obj files into 3DSMax as opposed to a 3DS file? What do I do about textures?

This is going to be a ripped model than I am going to T-pose myself, then rig.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: DSX8 on December 02, 2011, 04:12:05 AMlol that is fine with me... i dont mind doing all the weights since pikachu has no finger bones :P
well...
there is 1 more thing:


^that's the best conversion as of 2.6d
(hopefully to be released in a few)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I can now confirm that the CHR0 merger and appender both work perfectly, at least from my own tests (I'm sure you guys will come up with a bunch of weird errors like usual :P).

December 02, 2011, 05:51:28 AM #7178 Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:16:09 AM by Tcll
nice :)

btw, 1 more thing...

Pachi v11 original works with my HexEdit template...
but Pachi v11 Brbx export returns errors
(I cannot export a v9 mdl0) T.T

yea...
I had to convert it by hand ;_;

btw, even FW's converter returns an error...

for v11 mdl0's, the P6 offset in the materials is the shader offset
unlike v9's where the P5 offset is the shader offset >_>

and I couldn't help but laugh at the fact:
Kryal put 'Display List' for the P5 offset XDD

if he knows his stuff correctly, the display list controlls the order of the objects drawn,
aka the Z-order, which is also a job of the shader...

there was also another error returned from my template...
v9 mdl0's have the "node table" set at offset 0x64 from the object header...
a v11 mdl0 has it's "node table" set at offset 0x68, with 2 extra data inputs in the header

I'm wanting to find out what those data inputs are >_>
and I know it has something to do with 2 of the 3 extra list values in the mdl0 header...


EDIT:
I wonder...
does anyone know anyone that might be able to tell me if Nitendo's SDK allows possible support for nurbs??

modelling would be much easier and less data would be taken if nurbs were used to build a model >_>


I ask this because OBJ actually supports nurbs >_>
a nurbs model has it's verts automatically generated following the nurbs path...

IK it can be done with beizer curves as well >_>
(which obj also supports)

so I'm thinking if the obj format supports it, why shouldn't Nintendo's...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 02, 2011, 05:29:12 AMI can now confirm that the CHR0 merger and appender both work perfectly, at least from my own tests (I'm sure you guys will come up with a bunch of weird errors like usual :P).
awesome :D a CHR0 merger is just what i needing soon
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

December 02, 2011, 11:29:12 AM #7180 Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:31:01 AM by Tcll
hey BJ...
can you correct this in brbx for me:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/-hS22E84fFos/Tti1ItsqqII/AAAAAAAADo8/wG9R_3BrJp4/DPv4.5%2Bproblem.PNG

(so I don't have to do any math to get the inverse transformations >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 02, 2011, 11:29:12 AM
hey BJ...
can you correct this in brbx for me:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/-hS22E84fFos/Tti1ItsqqII/AAAAAAAADo8/wG9R_3BrJp4/DPv4.5%2Bproblem.PNG

(so I don't have to do any math to get the inverse transformations >_>
......
thats alota windows o.o
im guessing external monitor? :P
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

hey, ive seen that skyward sword uses chr0 animations, or at least thats the impression ive got... if its ture, how can i export them from where they are?? since brawlbox cant open the .arc file...

BJ96! may I ask you about one question? :3

in BB, how can I add more texture counts? I wanna know x3
Stupid Tinypic :C

Queation: will you add a save as button for editing animations?