Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xiggah on December 28, 2011, 08:35:00 AM
I noticed a stage-related update, for lighting if I'm not mistaken. If this indicates an interest towards further stage editing, then I would be able to contribute some info on the stages Misc[20]data.
The STDT? It's already supported in Bero's Modset. BJ just have to port it to his Brawlbox.
Also, for those who don't know, what it does have is values for certain stages that modifies things such as:
Water current, water level (Jungle Japes)
Scroll speed, Brick health (Mushroomy Kingdom)
and much, much more. Most of it isn't documented (still unknown).
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

hey BJ :/

what is it that needs to be done to an object before textures will actually have a transparent alpha??


I'm working on DPv5's textures
(now that I'm close to actually being able to work on it)

I actually need to copy a scaled-out mesh of his body,
(every vert must be spaced by 0.2 (easily done in blender))
as well as his eyeYellow meshes.

his glow textures must then be applied to the models
(this will make his green glow using the same method as his FS eyes)

although, now he'll have 3 eye meshes (for each eye) and 2 body meshes...
quite a bit of data for the wii to handle... >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 28, 2011, 03:52:28 PM #7712 Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 04:01:45 PM by pikazz
I found out something helpful when you will do the real-life editing SRT0 BJ96!


I believe so I think
Stupid Tinypic :C

hey BJ...
can your brbx import specific parts of an MDL0??
(like if you have a bunch of MDL0 parts lying around)

if so, for materials, do they work somewhat like this:
1 - if a material indexes a node lower than the node count, don't create a node
2 - if a material indexes a node higher then the node count, create a blank node and fix the index reference.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: pikazz on December 28, 2011, 03:52:28 PM
I found out something helpful when you will do the real-life editing SRT0 BJ96!


I believe so I think
LMFAO
Derpypuff.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


December 28, 2011, 06:04:14 PM #7715 Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:19:21 PM by pikazz
Quote from: Seggy T. on December 28, 2011, 05:26:36 PM
LMFAO
Derpypuff.
I had one other pic when she had her eyes on the otherside it's like she looking at her "hair" xD

but couldn't find it D:

BTW, BJ96 what do you think how REFF and EFLS is build? cause I believe I have an though.
but I haven't study it much so I believe I have 65% wrong D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on December 28, 2011, 06:04:14 PM
I had one other pic when she had her eyes on the otherside it's like she looking at her "hair" xD

but couldn't find it D:

BTW, BJ96 what do you think how REFF and EFLS is build? cause I believe I have an though.
but I haven't study it much so I believe I have 65% wrong D:
REFF and REFT files are built exactly the same...
the only difference is their data structures
(REFF deals with models, animation, and maybe logic)

REFF follows the format of:

outer header (16 bytes)
inner header
string table (also containing data offsets and lengths)
data structures

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: pikazz on December 28, 2011, 06:04:14 PM
I had one other pic when she had her eyes on the otherside it's like she looking at her "hair" xD

but couldn't find it D:

BTW, BJ96 what do you think how REFF and EFLS is build? cause I believe I have an though.
but I haven't study it much so I believe I have 65% wrong D:
Quote from: Tcll on December 28, 2011, 09:32:24 PM
REFF and REFT files are built exactly the same...
the only difference is their data structures
(REFF deals with models, animation, and maybe logic)

REFF follows the format of:

outer header (16 bytes)
inner header
string table (also containing data offsets and lengths)
data structures

Yeah, EFLS rebuilding has been done for a while now (except for RE3D) and REFF & REFT use the exact same structs (REFTypeObjectTable and REFTypeObjectEntry) to read the string tables and to get to the data (which ues different structs, obviously).

Maybe REFT stands for Reference Textures? What would REFF be then? Reference Files?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 28, 2011, 09:38:30 PM
Yeah, EFLS rebuilding has been done for a while now (except for RE3D) and REFF & REFT use the exact same structs (REFTypeObjectTable and REFTypeObjectEntry) to read the string tables and to get to the data (which ues different structs, obviously).

Maybe REFT stands for Reference Textures? What would REFF be then? Reference Files?
I didn't mean "how" it was build in hex, I mean in logic what, where and how.
I believe the EFLS is like an Characters Fit---.pac file that you can edit in PSA, containing everything, en example I speak of is like an container with severial small containers.
EFRLs is more like the bone

REFF is "one of those severial containers" this is specific, only do the stuff that it contains, this is more "meat" on the bone.
REFF will be called later in ERFL

REFS is the skin on the meat on the bone that contain the pics, texture ect that REFF needs later.

you understand what I trying to say?
 
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on December 28, 2011, 10:02:03 PM
I didn't mean "how" it was build in hex, I mean in logic what, where and how.
I believe the EFLS is like an Characters Fit---.pac file that you can edit in PSA, containing everything, en example I speak of is like an container with severial small containers.
EFRLs is more like the bone

REFF is "one of those severial containers" this is specific, only do the stuff that it contains, this is more "meat" on the bone.
REFF will be called later in ERFL

REFS is the skin on the meat on the bone that contain the pics, texture ect that REFF needs later.

you understand what I trying to say?
 

Yeah.
EFLS is the file that connects the external stuff in the REFF to the animations/model/whatever.
The REFF is basically everything, and it uses the REFT images. All the EFLS does is reference to the REFF.

Quote from: pikazz on December 28, 2011, 10:02:03 PM
I didn't mean "how" it was build in hex, I mean in logic what, where and how.
I believe the EFLS is like an Characters Fit---.pac file that you can edit in PSA, containing everything, en example I speak of is like an container with severial small containers.
EFRLs is more like the bone

REFF is "one of those severial containers" this is specific, only do the stuff that it contains, this is more "meat" on the bone.
REFF will be called later in ERFL

REFS is the skin on the meat on the bone that contain the pics, texture ect that REFF needs later.

you understand what I trying to say?
 
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 28, 2011, 10:09:09 PM
Yeah.
EFLS is the file that connects the external stuff in the REFF to the animations/model/whatever.
The REFF is basically everything, and it uses the REFT images. All the EFLS does is reference to the REFF.
u 2 sound way way smart for my own life... :srs:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 28, 2011, 10:09:09 PM
Yeah.
EFLS is the file that connects the external stuff in the REFF to the animations/model/whatever.
The REFF is basically everything, and it uses the REFT images. All the EFLS does is reference to the REFF.
just looked at it around 1-2 minutes to understand exactly how it was build without some help, the things on the left ect.  :af:

but the EFLS, REFF and REFT would be easy to "bust"? :3
now knowing how it build logic way
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on December 28, 2011, 10:34:39 PM
just looked at it around 1-2 minutes to understand exactly how it was build without some help, the things on the left ect.  :af:

but the EFLS, REFF and REFT would be easy to "bust"? :3
now knowing how it build logic way

The only thing left to figure out is REFF.

December 28, 2011, 11:12:50 PM #7723 Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:15:53 PM by Tcll
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 28, 2011, 09:38:30 PM
Yeah, EFLS rebuilding has been done for a while now (except for RE3D) and REFF & REFT use the exact same structs (REFTypeObjectTable and REFTypeObjectEntry) to read the string tables and to get to the data (which ues different structs, obviously).

Maybe REFT stands for Reference Textures? What would REFF be then? Reference Files?
already thought of that a while ago XDD
I was also thinking of something like:
R? EFfect F?
R? EFfect Texture

I'm not sure >_>


I didn't know that however...
(EFLS -> REFF -> REFT)

although they all have the EF in common >_>

EDIT:
Resource EFfect File
Resource EFfect Texture

EDIT2: wait a minute...
BR EF F
BR EF T

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 28, 2011, 11:12:50 PM
already thought of that a while ago XDD
I was also thinking of something like:
R? EFfect F?
R? EFfect Texture

I'm not sure >_>


I didn't know that however...
(EFLS -> REFF -> REFT)

although they all have the EF in common >_>

EFLS - Effect List
REFF - Reference Effect Files
REFT - Reference Effect Textures

It all makes sense now. :srs:

Btw, has anybody tried the hurtbox editor? Hurtbox changes do save, you know...