Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

December 29, 2011, 02:45:38 AM #7740 Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 02:56:00 AM by Xiggah
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 29, 2011, 02:33:29 AM
1. Eventually yes
2. I didn't know
3. It left? :srs:

1. Sweet! I'm looking forward to that. I'd be willing to help in that area if much isn't known about it.
2. I only compared Tingle: the textures are anti-aliased and whatnot in 0.65, but remain pixelated in 0.65b, and the transparency on his face seems to display in a different order (he has multiple face textures for some reason) If it really matters, I'll compare with multiple models.

EDIT:

3. Apparantely, it did. At least from the top menu selection, and switching the polygon view only goes from on to off, no wireframe view. Or I'm being stupid and I can't find it.

I'm not sure if its a bug or not, but characters like Sonic and Samus appear white in the beta of BrawlBox.
[spoiler]
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Seggy T. on December 29, 2011, 02:50:54 AM
I'm not sure if its a bug or not, but characters like Sonic and Samus appear white in the beta of BrawlBox.
[spoiler]img http://i.imgur.com/Y5RVU.png /img

Try checking off some textures. The old textures should be under there under those white ones.

Quote from: Xiggah on December 29, 2011, 02:56:52 AM
Try checking off some textures. The old textures should be under there under those white ones.
Didn't work.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Seggy T. on December 29, 2011, 02:50:54 AM
I'm not sure if its a bug or not, but characters like Sonic and Samus appear white in the beta of BrawlBox.
[spoiler]

It reads the texture coordinates from the shader that the material uses...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 29, 2011, 03:20:31 AM
It reads the texture coordinates from the shader that the material uses...

Shader errors strike again! Just tried out Samus myself and replicated his error. Some textures work, some do, long story short, it's just a beta.

Quote from: Xiggah on December 29, 2011, 04:40:47 AM
Shader errors strike again! Just tried out Samus myself and replicated his error. Some textures work, some do, long story short, it's just a beta.

I have yet to find exactly where the textures get their uv node index, unfortunately. :/
I should know by the next release though.

No offence, but I'll skip out on the beta for now. It still sounds a bit... unstable.
I'll gladly update once the bugs are ironed out though.

And excellent work as always, BlackJax.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on December 29, 2011, 05:17:31 AM
No offence, but I'll skip out on the beta for now. It still sounds a bit... unstable.
I'll gladly update once the bugs are ironed out though.

And excellent work as always, BlackJax.

Well it's not meant to be used for serious work.... it's more of a beta for feedback and testing for the next release.

I do like the VIS0 animations though ;D
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


December 29, 2011, 10:32:24 AM #7750 Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:47:59 AM by Tcll
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 29, 2011, 04:42:49 AM
I have yet to find exactly where the textures get their uv node index, unfortunately. :/
I should know by the next release though.
it should be the XF flags in the shader...

first off, the UVs should be loaded into the shader >_> (I think)

EDIT: rmbr now, Kryal calls the shader the 'display list'

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 29, 2011, 10:32:24 AM
it should be the XF flags in the shader...

first off, the UVs should be loaded into the shader >_> (I think)

EDIT: rmbr now, Kryal calls the shader the 'display list'

Oh yeah, I have yet to display the TEV values for the materials and for the shader (both have a TEV in them, which I just copy over or write as default for imports). I guess I'll do that sometime soon.


:srs:
BJ...
have you ever thought as to why Kryal calls that offset the 'display list'??

honestly, IDK why...
unless it contains a value to create a sub-type display list >_>

but yea...
in OpenGL, you have to setup the display list with the objects that will be drawn to the scene...

the display list has a specific arrangement order in which to draw the objects to keep the Z-order from messing up.

do I sound like I know what I'm talking about now?? :/
you should correct the mixup in brbx before even more people get confused on it...

I may not know how brawl's data works, but I know what it's used for.


the TEV values in the material is the shader.
the TEV values in that other thing would be the node.
and Kryal is a dummy :srs:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 29, 2011, 07:58:39 PM
:srs:
BJ...
have you ever thought as to why Kryal calls that offset the 'display list'??

honestly, IDK why...
unless it contains a value to create a sub-type display list >_>

but yea...
in OpenGL, you have to setup the display list with the objects that will be drawn to the scene...

the display list has a specific arrangement order in which to draw the objects to keep the Z-order from messing up.

do I sound like I know what I'm talking about now?? :/
you should correct the mixup in brbx before even more people get confused on it...

I may not know how brawl's data works, but I know what it's used for.


the TEV values in the material is the shader.
the TEV values in that other thing would be the node.
and Kryal is a dummy :srs:

He calls it the TEV the display list for the same reason I still call objects polygons in the source code.
The reason: Who gives a [censored]? :srs: (that's the literal reason)

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 29, 2011, 08:00:50 PM
He calls it the TEV the display list for the same reason I still call objects polygons in the source code.
The reason: Who gives a [censored]? :srs: (that's the literal reason)
actyally BJ...
Kryal didn't know what to call the nodes.
again... he's a dummy *tries to be nice*

you're just calling the objects 'polygons' because you're lazy with that stuff... :P

btw, that last 'srs' in my last post,
should've been that one face you always use...
(sunglasses)
what do you type to get that?? :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.