Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I did tried Hurbox editor.
It worked on Tabuu and Hammer Bro.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 28, 2011, 11:15:03 PM
EFLS - Effect List
REFF - Reference Effect Files
REFT - Reference Effect Textures

It all makes sense now. :srs:

Btw, has anybody tried the hurtbox editor? Hurtbox changes do save, you know...
yea, either Reference or Resource
either works >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

So what's the difference between EFLS and RE3D?
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Sky Grounder on December 28, 2011, 11:19:51 PM
So what's the difference between EFLS and RE3D?

RE3D could be like, Reference 3d or something. Maybe it references a model? I'd have to look at RE3D more, all I've done so far is set up the structs.

Quote from: Sky Grounder on December 28, 2011, 12:34:49 PM
The STDT? It's already supported in Bero's Modset. BJ just have to port it to his Brawlbox.
Also, for those who don't know, what it does have is values for certain stages that modifies things such as:
Water current, water level (Jungle Japes)
Scroll speed, Brick health (Mushroomy Kingdom)
and much, much more. Most of it isn't documented (still unknown).


Yeah, I mean to say that I know what a lot of them are, helping with the documentation and labeling what each value is in each stage.


Also, I only tried the hurtbox editor once with Pit, but I didn't manage to get them to show, I probably didn't do it right.

December 28, 2011, 11:38:04 PM #7730 Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:39:29 PM by Sky Grounder
Quote from: Xiggah on December 28, 2011, 11:28:17 PM
Yeah, I mean to say that I know what a lot of them are, helping with the documentation and labeling what each value is in each stage.
Ah, then share your knowledge :)


Also, can REFF reference textures from the ef_common? (Just a small thought)
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

December 28, 2011, 11:50:29 PM #7731 Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:52:04 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Sky Grounder on December 28, 2011, 11:38:04 PM
Ah, then share your knowledge :)


Also, can REFF reference textures from the ef_common? (Just a small thought)

Dunno.

I just fixed that "Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node <name> will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved." error.

Whenever I would remove a bone from the skin modifier, like XRotN, that error would show up and the model wouldn't import into Brawlbox, even if I had set all vertices that use that bone to weight 0. I figured out that Collada doesn't add type="JOINT" to the bone which misleads Brawlbox, so Brawlbox adds it now if the node has a bindmatrix (objects don't have bindmatrices).

I'll test some more models but it seems to work. I'll update the download again in a bit.

Quote from: Sky Grounder on December 28, 2011, 11:38:04 PM
Also, can REFF reference textures from the ef_common? (Just a small thought)
I saw some strings in one of Pika's REFF files that were named after a few common files >_>
but IDK if those were the same names in the REFT...

either that or I did see an REFT in one of the common data's >_>
(one of the REFT's holding CI4 and CI8 formats (as well as over 100 images))

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 28, 2011, 11:59:40 PM
I saw some strings in one of Pika's REFF files that were named after a few common files >_>
but IDK if those were the same names in the REFT...

either that or I did see an REFT in one of the common data's >_>
(one of the REFT's holding CI4 and CI8 formats (as well as over 100 images))
Well I saw some file references in C. Falcon's REFF file, which were named ptc_cmn_dead.
Which again is a REFTexture in ef_common (it didn't exist in C. Falcon's files.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Hey again, BJ. I've been looking through the new BB and it looks AWESOME.

Two questions, however. (Everybody has them, right? :laugh:)

I don't know if these have been asked before, but:

1. Why is it not possible to edit Models edited with FortWaffles Bone adder?

2. Would it be possible to change the bone the Articles attach to, like in Tabuu?
(An example would be Diddy's Popgun, or Mario's cape.)


Quote from: Spex130 on December 29, 2011, 12:11:17 AM
Hey again, BJ. I've been looking through the new BB and it looks AWESOME.

Two questions, however. (Everybody has them, right? :laugh:)

I don't know if these have been asked before, but:

1. Why is it not possible to edit Models edited with FortWaffles Bone adder?

2. Would it be possible to change the bone the Articles attach to, like in Tabuu?
(An example would be Diddy's Popgun, or Mario's cape.)

1. His bone adder doesn't edit the NodeTree, and the new Brawlbox uses the NodeTree to link the bones instead of the offset values in each bone.

2. Eventually

December 29, 2011, 12:58:30 AM #7736 Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:01:46 AM by diedhammer98
After I used Object Importer (I know it's still in Development)
My test Models messed up.
then I see this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I think It's Materials is messed up or something.

Quote from: diedhammer98 on December 29, 2011, 12:58:30 AM
After I used Object Importer (I know it's still in Development)
My test Models messed up.
then I see this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I think It's Materials is messed up or something.

That's not a bug, it just renames the object.

Hey BJ, I noticed that the Brawlbox beta displays models such as the cartoony Wind Waker trophies differently: I viewed Tingle, and the shadermap textures are off by default, but display no difference when turned on. (Also, Tingle's Textures display differently, but you probably already know) So here are my 3 questions:

1. Will there be any support to view the cell-shading on models like Tingle in Brawlbox?
2. Just saying that some transparencies preview better on the old Brawlbox, but you should already know.
3. Will the wireframe view make a return?

Quote from: Xiggah on December 29, 2011, 02:24:10 AM
Hey BJ, I noticed that the Brawlbox beta displays models such as the cartoony Wind Waker trophies differently: I viewed Tingle, and the shadermap textures are off by default, but display no difference when turned on. (Also, Tingle's Textures display differently, but you probably already know) So here are my 3 questions:

1. Will there be any support to view the cell-shading on models like Tingle in Brawlbox?
2. Just saying that some transparencies preview better on the old Brawlbox, but you should already know.
3. Will the wireframe view make a return?

1. Eventually yes
2. I didn't know
3. It left? :srs: