Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tcll on January 05, 2012, 02:02:18 AM
I was hoping you wouldn't say that -_-*
this....
just can see a lot of numbers =/
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Infernape99 on January 05, 2012, 02:06:16 AM
this....
just can see a lot of numbers =/
that's because computers read binary (a base 2 number system)
binary is used to make hex (a base 16 number system)

what does this all mean?
basically:
00 - 0000 - 0
01 - 0001 - 1
02 - 0010 - 2
03 - 0011 - 3
04 - 0100 - 4
05 - 0101 - 5
06 - 0110 - 6
07 - 0111 - 7
08 - 1000 - 8
09 - 1001 - 9
10 - 1010 - A
11 - 1011 - B
12 - 1100 - C
13 - 1101 - D
14 - 1110 - E
15 - 1111 - F

how it all works is:
8bit - '00'
16bit - '00 00'
24bit - '00 00 00'
32bit - '00 00 00 00'
...

that's as far as I'm getting...
(don't feel like explaining programming)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

main.dol doesn't seem like the thing that would be supported by FPC. :/

O.o
I didn't know Aaron played a part in the development of Riivo

he was one of the most epic people more talked about in the Melee community >_>

I only wish he wasn't dead -.-*

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 04, 2012, 08:59:14 PM
Maybe there's some correlation between G&W's module and the two 2D stages's modules? They all seem to be the same effect after all. It almost looks like it's just a scale Z to 0, hence why a single float point seems plausible.
It's definitely not zero, because then the model would clip with itself and look funny. I heard somewhere it's like 1% or 10% or something.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on January 05, 2012, 03:16:27 AM
It's definitely not zero, because then the model would clip with itself and look funny. I heard somewhere it's like 1% or 10% or something.
actually, it can be 0...
you can set the rasterizer to prevent clipping...
it's all in the drawing order.

ever seen a model when you show the polygons?
(all the triangles are outlined with a black line)

that works along the same principle.
otherwize the lines would clip with the mesh >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 05, 2012, 03:27:30 AM
actually, it can be 0...
you can set the rasterizer to prevent clipping...
it's all in the drawing order.

ever seen a model when you show the polygons?
(all the triangles are outlined with a black line)

that works along the same principle.
otherwize the lines would clip with the mesh >_>

Flatzone isn't 0 for the Z axis though. Just rotate the camera to look at a character from the side. >_> G&W may be 0 though.

Quote from: ds22 on January 04, 2012, 10:27:43 PM
I actually know who made that Flatzone (and Hanenbow) Z-axis code.

Anyway, you can, in certain ways, hack the main.dol file, as demonstrated here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Warning: Violent image inside.
[spoiler]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnk7s2xixH1qm7c8ho1_400.gif
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 05, 2012, 03:38:06 AM
Flatzone isn't 0 for the Z axis though. Just rotate the camera to look at a character from the side. >_> G&W may be 0 though.
I think GW may be the only characret supported by the rasterizer...

cause I did notice that...
another thing I noticed was thin models (when positioned just right) have tendancy to clip...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

G&W being the result of a process, apparantely this rasterizer, rather than a scale Z to 0 seems about right. Not only does he have an extra polygon for the outline effect, he actually has two extra polygons, the same exact size. Might this have something to do with this clipping effect and drawing order mentioned?

Also, riivolution is harder to set up but worth it. There's a whole new world of Brawl hacks with custom sound effects, after all.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 05, 2012, 05:40:53 AM
G&W being the result of a process, apparantely this rasterizer, rather than a scale Z to 0 seems about right. Not only does he have an extra polygon for the outline effect, he actually has two extra polygons, the same exact size. Might this have something to do with this clipping effect and drawing order mentioned?

Also, riivolution is harder to set up but worth it. There's a whole new world of Brawl hacks with custom sound effects, after all.

Oh yeah and you can program stuff for me, sometime. I've been busy with other things lately though. (School started up again...)

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 05, 2012, 05:57:18 AM
Oh yeah and you can program stuff for me, sometime. I've been busy with other things lately though. (School started up again...)

Right. Even if you can't find anything for me to do, I'll see about doing simple things on my own time. There's enough suggestions here for me to go off of anyways: I think I should start with some features that didn't make it to the beta, or perhaps that undo button.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 05, 2012, 06:06:25 AM
Right. Even if you can't find anything for me to do, I'll see about doing simple things on my own time. There's enough suggestions here for me to go off of anyways: I think I should start with some features that didn't make it to the beta, or perhaps that undo button.
try helping him with the SRT0 data, and that undo button :af2:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Nymph on January 05, 2012, 06:07:54 AM
try helping him with the SRT0 data, and that undo button :af2:
Hexidecimal parsing, eh.... I need to learn that. It always seemed too overwhelming for me to pick up on my own :>.>palm: But an undo button can be done easy enough, the key is to make sure it doesn't lag or screw up.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 05, 2012, 06:40:44 AM
Hexidecimal parsing, eh.... I need to learn that. It always seemed too overwhelming for me to pick up on my own :>.>palm: But an undo button can be done easy enough, the key is to make sure it doesn't lag or screw up.
i would help myself... but idk how to understand hexidecimal stuff... i already tried looking at SRT0 files in hex... only thing i can get down is how many textures an srt0 file can use..

edit:
ok i figured out some stuff in the SRT0 header...

offset 0x0C: SRT0 Version#
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Offset 0x1A-0x1B: Unknown1 (no known data yet)
Offset 0x1C-0x1D: FrameCount
Offset 0x1F: How many materials it should affect.
Offset 0x20-0x24: Unknown2  (no known data yet)
Offset 0x26-0x2F: Unknown3  (which can either be set to 0 or 1 for looping)


edit2:
after going through each srt0 data, it tells u the max frames it has via BB if u open up the X/Y axis (if they have 1)

edit3:
Just figured out another string for SRT0 data.. its in the list above. check out Offset 1F
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady