Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

I believe I figured out why the Spycloak srt0 wasn't parsing correctly. There aren't just two data offsets per entry, there's as many as the flags specify. :srs:

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on January 06, 2012, 02:17:50 AM
Hey BJ, I have spliced up Krystal's legs into two separate polygons.(Or rather, the entire thigh/lower hip and her legs cut from the torso and cut in half down the middle) And they're fully rigged and all that jazz.

I was thinking of doing the step where you fix the materials since they're individual polygons. You know, fix the materials as I complete the rigging of the different polygons so I don't have to do it all at once. Is this a bad or good idea?

Sure

Okay, so as long as I make sure it's fully rigged and whatnot, (I rigged this to the best of my abilities...which might be good for a first import :/) I can proceed with the material fixing thingy?

Good to know ^//^

Also, does the whole mesh for the body having one texture cause any issues with that step, I mean even if it's different polygons the meshes have just one texture for the body and one texture for the staff...

On thing I'm curious about, I am rigging Krystal's Tail to Zelda's Hair bones, would her tail react to the hair physics that zelda has in brawl? I mean like the wind and stuff?

so... what does RSBE.xml in /config/ look like??

I already know the code you posted goes in a custom xml in riivolution/


EDIT:
is there a way to patch the disk root with a folder on the SD??

why I ask is... well...
I've figured out how to patch melee over brawl
but there currently are 2 methods...

the first is the easy one mentioned above...
the second (if the first can't be performed) involves adding each file individualy with a '<file' patch.

IK how to do the 2nd method, but I'd have to write a program to generate an xml of every file in the melee directory...
(yes Melee's on my SD already (with my old brawl hacks))

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I'm curious about something BJ: Are we one day gonna be able to open the BRSAR in BB again?

Umm...I followed the video tutorial exactly, and I get this error....



Answers to the usual questions you might ask:
1: Yes I rigged the polygon completely.
2: Yes I have moved the bones, but that won't really matter since I intend to animate Krystal into a full psa over Zelda from scratch. Anything not made from scratch the animation porter can fix.
3: I have checked all the options you show to check on the detach by id script.
4: I only have that one polygon selected, none of the others.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on January 06, 2012, 04:19:48 AM
3: I have checked all the options you show to check on the detach by id script.
wasn't it, "detach by object" or "detach by bitmap"? Those 2 I use and never had a problem. Unless I'm thinking of a different process..
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Ӄit on January 06, 2012, 07:33:32 AM
wasn't it, "detach by object" or "detach by bitmap"? Those 2 I use and never had a problem. Unless I'm thinking of a different process..

There's an easier way Sai (Fireking220) taught me in the Modifiers list called Select by Element. It make it much easier to detach stuff.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

@NZM:
IK my expertise aren't exactly pro yet...

but it looks like you have an invalid material reference >_>
(an object is trying to reference a material that's not there)


also...
I still need my previous Q's answered... >_>
IK it doesn't take 12hrs to post a small xml >_>

and it definatly doesn't take 12hrs to tell me if this is correct:
<folder disk="/" external="/riivolution/MeleeBrawl/melee" create="true" />

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 06, 2012, 01:11:40 PM
@NZM:
IK my expertise aren't exactly pro yet...

but it looks like you have an invalid material reference >_>
(an object is trying to reference a material that's not there)

Thanks ^+^
I figured it out.
I just needed to change the Max ID's to 1 O_o

Also, I'm not using BJ's version of the script, I used a later version of it (2.0) from the creator's thread in this forum.

http://rsracing.forumotion.com/t273-detachbyid-script-to-detach-multimaterial-objects

Wow....strange how many simple things can screw up a program like that X_X
*is not looking forward to the texture issues in BB*

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on January 06, 2012, 02:57:47 PM
Wow....strange how many simple things can screw up a program like that X_X

yeh... IK...

that's the reason my program's taking as long as it is to develope -.-
(trying to prevent as many user errors as possible while updating the code to OpenGL)

this means I have to write functions to do what Python does...
(if I let python handle it, the program will crash)

EDIT:
well then, I guess what I was told about the community was wrong,
and nobody here besides BJ uses riivo...
it doesn't take 16hrs to copy/paste the text from RSBE.xml :srs:
heh... or apparently it does [/sarcasm]

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Okay, I'm following BJ's tutorial video to the letter, and I'm making sure that I've done the steps to all the new objects made by the detatch by id script. Everything works fine, but I get this error when I export the file from max.



Any suggestions?

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on January 06, 2012, 06:38:43 PM
Okay, I'm following BJ's tutorial video to the letter, and I'm making sure that I've done the steps to all the new objects made by the detatch by id script. Everything works fine, but I get this error when I export the file from max.



Any suggestions?
i usually redo my rig if i get that... :srs:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Do you export it as a OpenCOLLADA or Autodesk COLLADA?
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Nymph on January 06, 2012, 06:39:41 PM
i usually redo my rig if i get that... :srs:

So....
Do the material ID thing before I rig it then?
Or am I missing something...

Or you just add those bones to an already existing skin modifier and try to export it again (but make sure none of those bones take over any weights).