Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 15, 2012, 06:34:49 PM #8145 Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:36:10 PM by Mewtwo2000
BJ, once the importer is updated to fix the normals for rotated parts and such (hope you're able to make it work), will there be any option of having a normal resetter or something so if your model has wrong normals, brawlbox is who fixes them, and not 3dsmax?

An automatic normal-fixer in brawlbox would be useful for those who are lazy to import their models into 3dsmax again in order to fix them.
Amazing work with the model previewer fix by the way  :happy:
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on January 15, 2012, 06:34:49 PM
BJ, once the importer is updated to fix the normals for rotated parts and such (hope you're able to make it work), will there be any option of having a normal resetter or something so if your model has wrong normals, brawlbox is who fixes them, and not 3dsmax?

An automatic normal-fixer in brawlbox would be useful for those who are lazy to import their models into 3dsmax again in order to fix them.
Amazing work with the model previewer fix by the way  :happy:

Thanks. :D
I'm not sure how I'd reset the normals though, I'd have to look into that one. Hopefully I can do that.

January 15, 2012, 06:54:44 PM #8147 Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:56:48 PM by mr.mugenwii
this is a little suggestion ive been thinking about for some time:

I noticed that in your model previewer you "scroll" around the model by holding down the "right click" button on your mouse.  Well if you are jumping back and forth from 3d max to Brawlbox, it gets a little annoying because in 3d max you have to hold the middle button on the mouse( at least thats how i have it).  Would it be possible to include an option on configuring this mouse option only so that you can "scroll" around your model with the middle button of the mouse?

Oh and please only consider this if others have had the same issue.

You know what's weird?

I spent so much time getting used to moving around in 3DS Max that, one time, I actually tried doing the same thing in BrawlBox lol
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


January 15, 2012, 07:35:24 PM #8149 Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:13:53 PM by mr.mugenwii
Quote from: Seggy T. on January 15, 2012, 07:33:21 PM
You know what's weird?

I spent so much time getting used to moving around in 3DS Max that, one time, I actually tried doing the same thing in BrawlBox lol
Well I continuously do it. And Vice Versa. Lol

January 15, 2012, 07:43:06 PM #8150 Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:48:58 PM by Tcll
lol
I'll continually try to use the MMB to try to rotate around the model like blender does XDD

I even got caught up in the right click object selection when I found out I was in the wrong place XDD

lol
me and my stupid moments :P

EDIT:
hey BJ...
I never got around to looking at this...
but what exactly do the normals look like when in a vert cloud??
(and fully transformed)


I mean...
are they just scaled out from the model??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 15, 2012, 07:43:06 PM
lol
I'll continually try to use the MMB to try to rotate around the model like blender does XDD

I even got caught up in the right click object selection when I found out I was in the wrong place XDD

lol
me and my stupid moments :P

EDIT:
hey BJ...
I never got around to looking at this...
but what exactly do the normals look like when in a vert cloud??
(and fully transformed)


I mean...
are they just scaled out from the model??

Nah, they don't use transforms like vertices do.
They're multiplied by the bone's bind matrix as a 3x3 rotation matrix, so they're just rotated around.

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on January 15, 2012, 06:54:44 PM
this is a little suggestion ive been thinking about for some time:

I noticed that in your model previewer you "scroll" around the model by holding down the "right click" button on your mouse.  Well if you are jumping back and forth from 3d max to Brawlbox, it gets a little annoying because in 3d max you have to hold the middle button on the mouse( at least thats how i have it).  Would it be possible to include an option on configuring this mouse option only so that you can "scroll" around your model with the middle button of the mouse?

Oh and please only consider this if others have had the same issue.

Maybe

January 15, 2012, 08:14:30 PM #8152 Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:15:55 PM by Tcll
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 15, 2012, 07:52:38 PM
Nah, they don't use transforms like vertices do.
They're multiplied by the bone's bind matrix as a 3x3 rotation matrix, so they're just rotated around.

I'm guessing it's just delmitting the O values:
as such:

[X1,Y1,Z1,
X2,Y2,Z2,
X3,Y3,Z3]


am I right??

and @mr.mugenwii:
first off...
It took me to have to type it in to realize your tag was one of my favorite games XDD

anyways...
you made me spill my cerial :<

@anyone:
yes it's 3:00 and I'm still eating cerial,
wanna fight about it
*cup a soup - sword pose*

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 15, 2012, 09:00:02 PM #8153 Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:01:27 PM by mr.mugenwii
yea that was a funny pic a lil distracting though enough to make you spill your cerial so i took it off
oh and thanks black jax for taking that MMB deal into consideration

aww...
it was deleted :<

I wanted to show that to mah bro :3
that was hilarious XDD

PM that to me plz :3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 15, 2012, 09:10:37 PM #8155 Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:13:03 PM by mr.mugenwii
Quote from: Tcll on January 15, 2012, 07:43:06 PM
lol
I&#039;ll continually try to use the MMB to try to rotate around the model like blender does XDD

I even got caught up in the right click object selection when I found out I was in the wrong place XDD

lol
me and my stupid moments :P
Well its nice to know I'm not the only one. Lol
But then again it might be because of my nature.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Well I got it to fix the normals' rotations for the most part, but it's still not working perfectly:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'll mess around with it until it works. :X

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on January 15, 2012, 09:10:37 PM
Well its nice to know I&#039;m not the only one. Lol
But then again it might be because of my nature.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's still just as flippin hilarious XD

January 15, 2012, 09:30:59 PM #8157 Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:36:38 PM by Tcll
Quote from: mr.mugenwii on January 15, 2012, 09:10:37 PM
Well its nice to know I&#039;m not the only one. Lol
But then again it might be because of my nature.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 15, 2012, 09:14:44 PM
It&#039;s still just as flippin hilarious XD
agreed XDD

and it looks like you've ran into a similar problem to mine... >_>
(weights not transforming verts 100% with melee data)

hey...
do you know how to convert a 3x4 matrix to a 4x4 matrix??

you've seen my progress with 2.6d and all that was was simply adding [0,0,0,1] to the 3x4 matrix...

I think the 4th row needs to be calculated :/
but IDK...

I'd need to know how to recalculate the inverted 4x4 back into a 3x4...

unless you know how to perform calculations using an inverse matrix >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 15, 2012, 10:22:22 PM #8158 Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:25:30 AM by Xiggah
SRT0 data... whoopsies. Time to get my Brawl hacking gear back in place! *runs*

Quote from: Xiggah on January 15, 2012, 10:22:22 PM
SRT0 data... whoopsies. Time to get my Brawl hacking gear back in palce! *runs*

LOL how'd you know I was just about to ask you? XD