Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 14, 2012, 09:22:06 PM
Well fixing the normals of model imports isn't as easy as I thought it would be. While I only have to multiply the normals by the vertex's influence's rotation matrix to fix models for viewing in Brawlbox, it's not exactly the opposite for actually getting the raw normals. I have to multiply it by the skin rotation matrix and then by the bone inverse bind rotation matrix, which is stored in a different location than where the normals are written...

I'll have to overhaul the primitive manager again, but I knew I'd have to do it sometime anyway. It's kinda sloppy right now. :X
so does that mean that if u fix it up, it'll be more organized? O.o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Nymph on January 14, 2012, 09:23:17 PM
so does that mean that if u fix it up, it'll be more organized? O.o

Yeah and probably run faster too.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 14, 2012, 09:23:47 PM
Yeah and probably run faster too.
hmm not bad then ill say.... do what u can do :P
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 14, 2012, 09:23:47 PM
Yeah and probably run faster too.

^This is always a good improvement! ALWAYS :D

Also, whenever I rotate a bone, even in max, the model like, stretches really weird :/
For instance I rotate the arm bone forward, the whole side of the arm and hand stretches forward as you rotate it. I don't know if it's how I have it rigged or what.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on January 14, 2012, 09:26:32 PM
^This is always a good improvement! ALWAYS :D

Also, whenever I rotate a bone, even in max, the model like, stretches really weird :/
For instance I rotate the arm bone forward, the whole side of the arm and hand stretches forward as you rotate it. I don't know if it's how I have it rigged or what.
its mostly how u have ur rig set up lol
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 14, 2012, 09:23:47 PM
Yeah and probably run faster too.
heh...
now try doing it w/o typing it
and support every possible error

reason I'm not typing anything yet is because I end up deleting it...
so I'm trying to make sure every process will work before typing anything.

ntm my program will NEVER crash
(supporting every possible error)

there's QUITE alot I got planned for it >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 14, 2012, 09:31:30 PM
heh...
now try doing it w/o typing it
and support every possible error

Already am.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 14, 2012, 09:35:19 PM
Already am.
how many exceptions you got covered per function??
I've got (at most) 8

srsly...
if programming it ain't the hardest part,
it's covering the errors

I've even got infinite loop detection ;D

actually...
the hardest part in my area is defining functions for 'you' to use

eg:

StructArr(List,count):
#returns an array of structures for the specified count
#if count is 0, continue reading until a structure of 0's is reached.

but that's not all...
that's only if your file is in read binary mode.
if it's in write binary mode:
(since the function doesn't work with ASCII)

StructArr(List,Template,ZeroStruct):
#supply a list of numbers
#the template sets the hex types
#ZeroStruct (bool) adds a structure of 0's to the end

I'll have more in the documentation

sry if I sound a little agitated,
and with everything being so abrupt...

it's just life hitting me hard X(

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

After fixing up the primitive manager, fixing model import normals and doing a few other bugfixes from the beta, I'll see if I can release the stable v0.65b. I'll save complete SRT0 editing for the next release.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 15, 2012, 03:57:40 AM
After fixing up the primitive manager, fixing model import normals and doing a few other bugfixes from the beta, I'll see if I can release the stable v0.65b. I'll save complete SRT0 editing for the next release.
D=

aww me wanted SRT0 editing.... but will this be able to fix my other models? o.o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Nymph on January 15, 2012, 03:59:45 AM
D=

aww me wanted SRT0 editing.... but will this be able to fix my other models? o.o

mmmmyeah


Yo black Jax.  when u say "primitive manager", do you mean the check in stuff you get when you try to import a dae into a mdlo?(re-map, color nodes, etc,)

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on January 15, 2012, 05:52:44 AM
Yo black Jax.  when u say "primitive manager", do you mean the check in stuff you get when you try to import a dae into a mdlo?(re-map, color nodes, etc,)

No, there's a class that contains/manages all the asset buffers, vertices, primitive indices, etc for each object node.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 15, 2012, 05:56:41 AM
No, there's a class that contains/manages all the asset buffers, vertices, primitive indices, etc for each object node.
oh Ok.