Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 19, 2012, 05:27:03 AM #8220 Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:28:01 AM by Tcll
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 19, 2012, 01:43:40 AM
Oh [censored]... OpenGL supports TEV settings for up to three RGBA registers... which is the exact same amount and type of registers that MDL0 shaders use. :srs:

Let's see if I can render shaders, eh?
Looks like I've hit a minor breakthrough, unless I'm speaking too soon. (which I do a lot...)
sry for D-post...

can you teach me the OGL structure format plz ;_;

I just want to know what's best for my converter.
(so I can finally get the GUI working as it should)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I was wondering, what do the flags for bones do? they normally say "fixed scale/translation/rotation" but they seem to do nothing, what are they for?

Will the import object be fixed, the dae importing function be fixed, or both?
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: -Username removed by SOPA- on January 19, 2012, 11:12:51 PM
Will the import object be fixed, the dae importing function be fixed, or both?
wat kind of issue's r u having with those? cause im having no issue's wat-so-ever
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

well...
I wanted to test out DPv4.5 with the added materials and textures,
but it froze :P

I guess I'll have to wait till I can add/replace the object/vert/normal/UV data >_>
(since importing objects involves importing an entire MDL0, which I don't have)

on a side note...
the problem could also be that the added MDL0 textures contain no actual data >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I've tried to import mario's cape onto him but he just gets this weird texture on his hip, and his damage eye texture goes onto his OVERALLS. It's just creepy. and the import dae doesn't work AT ALL. I downloaded a dae and it gave me an error. I exported mario's model, did NOTHING to it, and when I clicked import it gave me an error.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

well BJ...
good news ^_^

you may not need to teach me OGL aftrer all ;)

I just realized I had a scanner to scan my portable TV with...
so I scanned the PyOGL NeHe example program.

I should now be able to render models better than Brbx XDD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 20, 2012, 02:57:21 AM #8227 Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:58:13 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Iwvi on January 19, 2012, 05:34:50 AM
I was wondering, what do the flags for bones do? they normally say "fixed scale/translation/rotation" but they seem to do nothing, what are they for?

    0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0001     - No Transform (Matrix is equal to parent's)
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0010     - Fixed Translation (Translation is 0, 0, 0)
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100     - Fixed Rotation (Rotation is 0, 0, 0)
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 1000     - Fixed Scale (Scale is 1, 1, 1)
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0001 0000     - Unk 1
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0010 0000     - Unk 2
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0000     - Unk 3
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 1000 0000     - Unk 4
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0001 0000 0000     - Unk 5
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0010 0000 0000     - Has Geometry (Vertices are influenced by this bone)
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0000 0000     - Unk 6
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 1000 0000 0000     - Unk 7
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0001 0000 0000 0000     - Unk 8
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0010 0000 0000 0000     - Unk 9
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0000 0000 0000     - Unk 10
   0000 0000 0000 0000 1000 0000 0000 0000     - Unk 11

Unk 5 here is Unk 2 in all released Brawlbox versions.

*insert other answers here*

Weeeeeeellllllllll I finished the SRT0 rebuilder completely.

Xiggah, I'll send it to you in a minute so you can test changing the unknown frame values n stuff.

lol
I just noticed that the one keeps moving one step to the left on every line.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Epic Sax Seggy on January 20, 2012, 02:58:31 AM
lol
I just noticed that the one keeps moving one step to the left on every line.

The magic of binary values/flags mah boi
For example:

ColorEnv Shifts
        0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 1111   SelD
        0000 0000 0000 0000 1111 0000   SelC
        0000 0000 0000 1111 0000 0000   SelB
        0000 0000 1111 0000 0000 0000   SelA
        0000 0011 0000 0000 0000 0000   Bias
        0000 0100 0000 0000 0000 0000   Sub
        0000 1000 0000 0000 0000 0000   Clamp
        0011 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000   Shift
        1100 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000   Dest

January 20, 2012, 03:04:01 AM #8230 Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:04:53 AM by Tcll
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 20, 2012, 02:57:21 AM
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0001     - No Transform (Matrix is equal to parent's)
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0010     - Fixed Translation (Translation is 0, 0, 0)
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100     - Fixed Rotation (Rotation is 0, 0, 0)
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 1000     - Fixed Scale (Scale is 1, 1, 1)
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0001 0000     - Unk 1
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0010 0000     - Unk 2
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0000     - Unk 3
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 1000 0000     - Unk 4
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0001 0000 0000     - Unk 5
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0010 0000 0000     - Has Geometry (Vertices are influenced by this bone)
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0000 0000     - Unk 6
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 1000 0000 0000     - Unk 7
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0001 0000 0000 0000     - Unk 8
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0010 0000 0000 0000     - Unk 9
   0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0000 0000 0000     - Unk 10
   0000 0000 0000 0000 1000 0000 0000 0000     - Unk 11

Unk 5 here is Unk 2 in all released Brawlbox versions.

*insert other answers here*

Weeeeeeellllllllll I finished the SRT0 rebuilder completely.

Xiggah, I'll send it to you in a minute so you can test changing the unknown frame values n stuff.
hmm...
only 16bits used >_>

I guess the other 16 bits are reserved or something?? <_<

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 20, 2012, 03:04:01 AM
hmm...
only 16bits used >_>

I guess the other 16 bits are reserved or something?? <_<

I dunno. Nintendo likes to randomly put padding and unchanging values in pretty odd areas a lot. >_>

January 20, 2012, 03:12:52 AM #8232 Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:17:04 AM by Tcll
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 20, 2012, 03:08:42 AM
I dunno. Nintendo likes to randomly put padding and unchanging values in pretty odd areas a lot. >_>
yeh... IK D:

I find it a little outrageous <_<

I wonder what the wii-U's SDK will look like :P

if it can read wii disks, then it should easily be able to read GCN disks with a few hardware modifications :P

EDIT:
btw...
how do you get OGL to shade the model...
(my models always end up being a solid color) >_>

I'm guessing a light must exist??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 20, 2012, 03:12:52 AM
yeh... IK D:

I find it a little outrageous <_<

I wonder what the wii-U's SDK will look like :P

if it can read wii disks, then it should easily be able to read GCN disks with a few hardware modifications :P

EDIT:
btw...
how do you get OGL to shade the model...
(my models always end up being a solid color) >_>

I'm guessing a light must exist??

You gotta define the light position and the specularity, diffuse and ambient colors.

January 20, 2012, 03:52:19 AM #8234 Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:59:27 AM by Tcll
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 20, 2012, 03:25:02 AM
You gotta define the light position and the specularity, diffuse and ambient colors.

ok...

sry for that being abrupt :P
I just realized this was only the L2 example XDD
(only the square and the triangle (no lights or materials))

time to look at NeHe 3 now that I have the working L2 :P

EDIT:
NeHe3 was vert colors only :srs:

on to NeHe4
at least it works... >_>

EDIT2:
finally something useful... (rotations)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.