Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.




Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 21, 2012, 07:44:17 PM
However,
was completely necessary.
thanx BJ

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on January 21, 2012, 07:47:16 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


LOL

I'll just take Brawlbox with me then.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Tcll on January 21, 2012, 07:49:53 PM
thanx BJ

Welcome.

Ummm, everything is fine in brawlbox but it the game mario's cape turns brown. :(
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P



It take 2 hours to rigged my character, I imported him in 3ds max 2011.
How can I fix that ? I don't want to redo the entire rig again..

Quote from: KTH on January 21, 2012, 08:36:22 PM
It take 2 hours to rigged my character, I imported him in 3ds max 2011.
How can I fix that ? I don't want to redo the entire rig again..
just go through ur rig and check for any errors... also rotate the bones to find any verts that hasnt been fixed or anything
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Everyone posting in every thread for every error. We should all the answers, and push them into one thread!  :af: But seriously, it's a shame the normal error and tutorial threads don't attract all the questions.

This post makes so much more sense to me now:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11988643&postcount=515

I understand everything he's saying. :srs:
And you really can't just swap out shaders (and I know a lot of you do anyway), because a lot of data the shader contains may not even be used after you swap it, or reference things that aren't there and cause problems.

Anyway, new stuff!
This is what the shader uses. It isn't editable in the released Brawlboxes. I'll get around to explaining how they're used in my MDL0 thread at some point. :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Xiggah on January 21, 2012, 09:36:53 PM
Everyone posting in every thread for every error. We should all the answers, and push them into one thread!  :af: But seriously, it's a shame the normal error and tutorial threads don't attract all the questions.

I completely ignore help questions in this thread and actually answer them in my support thread.
People don't seem to realize that. :P

January 21, 2012, 09:54:16 PM #8292 Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 10:04:08 PM by Tcll
I must thank you for finding that post BJ...

out of all my threads on there I could not find it :srs:

EDIT:
you should be able to swap most nodes...

nodes you can't swap involve:
a texture reference from the current character
color sets to registers that aren't initialized

Pika's swappable nodes are his:
main (0)
metal (2)

eyeYellow (1) is not swappable as it contains a texture reference with a brightness modifier to the texture

this would cause an unwanted effect on another character >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I'm going to change the shader layout so that each stage is its own child node to the shader. (Stage0 - Stage15) Nintendo groups stages in groups of even and odd stages with the TRef and KSel modifying both stages, which could be a bit confusing.

It'll make it easier to understand and edit. No more raw value editing, but that was just for debug use anyway.

I'm also going to remove a lot of the GX_ stuff from enums and name the enums so that they're easier to understand. I'll add a comment with the original name by Nintendo just in case.

EPIC News!!!
me and Kryal have just pached up the past argument :af:

yes this means Kryal's back, but IDK if he's still programming >_>

@BJ: he knows of your Brbx, but I only told him he'd be impressed with your results ;)

I'm expecting he'll join in and lend you a hand ;D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.