Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 37 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tcll on February 01, 2012, 02:45:45 AM
GAH!
freakin wii sabatoging my post >:O
screw it!

@NZM: where'd you get you info??
(if it wasn't from brbx)

Um....nowhere? XD I just figured the ten colors in the shaders meant that brawl could use five shades of white(It sounds impossible for "white" to have shades, but trust me, it is) and five shades of grey :/ going from most white to most grey to shade the characters =3

Like I said, an uneducated guess XD but it's highly possible, or at least plausible :/ I'd look into it but I don't know coding stuff. ( I have a hard enough time figuring out PSA lol let alone C + or file parsers and stuff)

February 01, 2012, 07:18:12 AM #8686 Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:46:21 AM by Xiggah
All right, the Undo's looking pretty good.... for the T-pose. Still need to set Undo keyframe changes to respect interpolation keyframes. (white keyframes turn yellow) Someone please tell me that the stage collision editor needs undo/redo. If not, it won't get done. And how far should the undo buffer be.... 10, 50, 100? It doesn't seem to lag at all.

EDIT: I don't think the interpolation is ready for the undo/redo yet, at least not until the normal copy/paste can paste keyframes without turning the scale XYZ yellow. I'm sure we've all encountered that.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on February 01, 2012, 03:54:48 AM
Um....nowhere? XD I just figured the ten colors in the shaders meant that brawl could use five shades of white(It sounds impossible for "white" to have shades, but trust me, it is) and five shades of grey :/ going from most white to most grey to shade the characters =3

Like I said, an uneducated guess XD but it's highly possible, or at least plausible :/ I'd look into it but I don't know coding stuff. ( I have a hard enough time figuring out PSA lol let alone C + or file parsers and stuff)
ah...
well take it from the ONLY game developer (somewhat) on this forum :srs:
(I'm now officially calling myself that)

shaders don't use colors.

I get my knowledge from Blender, 3DS, and Maya
(not so much Maya) >_>

yea I've used 3DS for a good 3 months after using Auto CAD in school...
(before it bluescreen'd my compy anyways)

although don't ask me to do anything with it now XDD
(since I've forgotten ALMOST everything about it) :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Xiggah on February 01, 2012, 07:18:12 AM
All right, the Undo's looking pretty good.... for the T-pose. Still need to set Undo keyframe changes to respect interpolation keyframes. (white keyframes turn yellow) Someone please tell me that the stage collision editor needs undo/redo. If not, it won't get done. And how far should the undo buffer be.... 10, 50, 100? It doesn't seem to lag at all.

EDIT: I don't think the interpolation is ready for the undo/redo yet, at least not until the normal copy/paste can paste keyframes without turning the scale XYZ yellow. I'm sure we've all encountered that.
Stage collision undoing would certainly be useful.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Important info for Blackjax96:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=37368.msg822329#msg822329

Your automatic metal material feature works, but only when we're using floats. I suppose this info will be enough for you to fix the feature if it's possible to fix ;P
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 30, 2012, 11:48:47 PM
That's random

Well, it's not random, the new version of brawlbox doesn't properly re compress common5.pac:
Maybe different level of compression on the same engine?

In any event, try it out, I noticed it spends almost no time compressing that file.
All past 3 versions I had worked fine.

Lead Developer of Brawl Revamped Project
Brawl Revamped

Quote from: Tcll on February 01, 2012, 10:28:31 AM
ah...
well take it from the ONLY game developer (somewhat) on this forum :srs:
(I'm now officially calling myself that)
Game Dev is my major at uni actually

February 01, 2012, 06:07:31 PM #8692 Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:54:31 PM by frostymm
Quote from: Tcll on February 01, 2012, 10:28:31 AM
ah...
well take it from the ONLY game developer (somewhat) on this forum :srs:
(I'm now officially calling myself that)

My major is actually game programming specifically.


Any possibility of getting a small update with just being able to edit hurtboxes (Or a fix, It gives me an error when I try to save and I downloaded the most recent lastnight.)? <=3
Details on the error: I try to save any kind of hurtbox edit (I was trying to reassign the bone it was attached to specifically.) and it gives me this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: frostymm on February 01, 2012, 06:07:31 PMMy major is actually game programming specifically. Any possibility of getting a small update with just being able to edit hurtboxes (Or a fix, It gives me an error when I try to save and I downloaded the most recent lastnight.)? <=3 Details on the error: I try to save any kind of hurtbox edit (I was trying to reassign the bone it was attached to specifically.) and it gives me this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I get a similar message, only it's more along the lines of replacing animations and saving them.
Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Quote from: Tcll on February 01, 2012, 10:28:31 AM
ah...
well take it from the ONLY game developer (somewhat) on this forum :srs:
(I'm now officially calling myself that)

I guess now you're directly insulting me? All those talks we had before mean nothing? <_<

Lead Developer of Brawl Revamped Project
Brawl Revamped

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 01, 2012, 01:01:52 PM
Important info for Blackjax96:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=37368.msg822329#msg822329

Your automatic metal material feature works, but only when we're using floats. I suppose this info will be enough for you to fix the feature if it's possible to fix ;P

:O So THAT's why character models always use float values!
Thanks Mewtwo!!! :happy:
I have to update Brawlbox like, right nao! :srs: I just need to recode part of the function to work with shader stages and to change the values to float when metals are turned on, if they aren't already.

Quote from: frostymm on February 01, 2012, 06:07:31 PM
My major is actually game programming specifically.


Any possibility of getting a small update with just being able to edit hurtboxes (Or a fix, It gives me an error when I try to save and I downloaded the most recent lastnight.)? <=3
Details on the error: I try to save any kind of hurtbox edit (I was trying to reassign the bone it was attached to specifically.) and it gives me this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'll see if that error pops up for me.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 01, 2012, 11:47:27 PM
:O So THAT's why character models always use float values!
Thanks Mewtwo!!! :happy:
I have to update Brawlbox like, right nao! :srs: I just need to recode part of the function to work with shader stages and to change the values to float when metals are turned on, if they aren't already.

I'll see if that error pops up for me.
if u can fix it by the end of today... will u have my babies? :af:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 01, 2012, 11:47:27 PM
:O So THAT's why character models always use float values!
Thanks Mewtwo!!! :happy:
I have to update Brawlbox like, right nao! :srs: I just need to recode part of the function to work with shader stages and to change the values to float when metals are turned on, if they aren't already.

I'll see if that error pops up for me.

Maybe if I find this last glitch in the undo system before you update, I'll send over the code.

Quote from: Xiggah on February 02, 2012, 12:00:54 AM
Maybe if I find this last glitch in the undo system before you update, I'll send over the code.

Alright, hopefully you can find it within 5 hours and 55 minutes. XD

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 02, 2012, 12:04:49 AM
Alright, hopefully you can find it within 5 hours and 55 minutes. XD
u and ur damn curfews boi :srs:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady