Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Nymph on February 02, 2012, 12:07:48 AM
u and ur damn curfews boi :srs:

Quote from: Nymph on February 01, 2012, 11:53:36 PM
if u can fix it by the end of today... will u have my babies? :af:

:srs:

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

If BJ has someone's babies, then his progress with Brawlbox might slow down... try adoption for now :af2:

shame brawlbox 65 still doesnt like extrabones :S guess we cant add the auto metal to waluigi since he is 50% made of dummy bones :S but it will be a very good adition xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Xiggah on February 02, 2012, 12:14:31 AM
If BJ has someone's babies, then his progress with Brawlbox might slow down... try adoption for now :af2:
mmm u r correct with that... i guess he can hold off on having babies with me till he's done with BB coding x33

lol
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I've got another issue for you to fix xD

I've not looked into it enough to say if it's importing, or exporting, but one of them isn't perfect when we talk about materials. Everything in the material itself seems okay when importing, but some values for the individual textures inside are misplaced. For example, when you tried to replace one material with a metal material, you needed to change all the 'XF Texgen Flags' manually. The 'has texturematrix' value was missing sometimes too. Everything else seems to be always fine by the way.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 02, 2012, 12:34:15 AM
I've got another issue for you to fix xD

I've not looked into it enough to say if it's importing, or exporting, but one of them isn't perfect when we talk about materials. Everything in the material itself seems okay when importing, but some values for the individual textures inside are misplaced. For example, when you tried to replace one material with a metal material, you needed to change all the 'XF Texgen Flags' manually. The 'has texturematrix' value was missing sometimes too. Everything else seems to be always fine by the way.

Yeah I noticed the flags not being read and I've been working on it.
And HasTextureMatrix is always false if all the objects using that material are single-binds.
Single Bind objects don't need a texture matrix because there isn't a position/normal matrix.

Ooo, I wonder if I could look into the source code and find what causes these errors.... it sounded like a fun idea.

Yeah, but that's not what I meant. What I mean is that, for a material with 2 normal-controlled coordinates, when they're not singlebind, and thus have 'yes' in the texture matrix option, when importing the whole material into another material or model, one of the textures has 'yes' in the texture matrix option, and the other one has a 'no'. So, in order to have it right, you have to switch to 'yes' manually. Same to the Texgen Flags.

What I mean is that, the unread, or missaligned, or whatever data, isn't only the texgen flags alone, but the 'uses texture matrix' is included in the problem too.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 02, 2012, 12:45:30 AM
Yeah, but that's not what I meant. What I mean is that, for a material with 2 normal-controlled coordinates, when they're not singlebind, and thus have 'yes' in the texture matrix option, when importing the whole material into another material or model, one of the textures has 'yes' in the texture matrix option, and the other one has a 'no'. So, in order to have it right, you have to switch to 'yes' manually. Same to the Texgen Flags.

What I mean is that, the unread, or missaligned, or whatever data, isn't only the texgen flags alone, but the 'uses texture matrix' is included in the problem too.

o i c.
Well I'll see what's up with it.

Quote from: Xiggah on February 02, 2012, 12:44:54 AM
Ooo, I wonder if I could look into the source code and find what causes these errors.... it sounded like a fun idea.

Don't see why not.

Would it be possible one day to edit the main.dol with BB? Just me being my annoying curious self. Would be sweet to edit stuff like in-game names (custom results screen and PKMN Stadium names anyone?) and other text not covered by MSBin files. =)

All right BJ, I sent the code for the Undo feature. Time to get the stage collision editor undo up next.

Small feature request, can you make it so that holding ctrl translatates the bone instead of rotateing it? it would make stage editing so much easier!

February 02, 2012, 02:16:44 AM #8713 Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:19:32 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: B1NARY on February 02, 2012, 02:11:37 AM
Small feature request, can you make it so that holding ctrl translatates the bone instead of rotateing it? it would make stage editing so much easier!

Working on it, but it's not as easy as it sounds XD

Quote from: Xiggah on February 02, 2012, 02:06:42 AM
All right BJ, I sent the code for the Undo feature. Time to get the stage collision editor undo up next.

mmmmmk.

Oh btw, can someone send a good shader for stages that only uses 1 texture ref?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 02, 2012, 02:16:44 AM
Working on it, but it's not as easy as it sounds XD

Oh btw, can someone send a good shader for stages that only uses 1 texture ref?

Maybe I'm being naive, and ignoring the 2d-3d difference, but shouldn't it be similar to the code moving the stage collision editor?

Also, I'll do a quick stage check since Mewtwo2000's offline.