Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ahem....just droping by to ask a couple of questions.

1: I can import Krystal into brawl no problem now, but over marth she has the snapback glitch when running/walking. I know it's cause of the Trans N index being different, but can I fix it like any other import with Tabuu? or is there something special I need to do cause it's a DAE import.

2: How does the rigging on the arms/legs/neck look? I know the hands need work, I mean everything else. Also the skirt and tail are rigged, they just aren't animated.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

BrawlBox 0.65c seems to have a bit of trouble when it comes to finding strings for standalone mdl0 files. It appears to.. grab a web page, or an xml file instead.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Even if opening mdl0s alone isn't that useful, it could become a bigger problem later.

February 06, 2012, 12:35:11 AM #8837 Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:38:00 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Michael Yoshi on February 06, 2012, 12:26:52 AM
BrawlBox 0.65c seems to have a bit of trouble when it comes to finding strings for standalone mdl0 files. It appears to.. grab a web page, or an xml file instead.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Even if opening mdl0s alone isn't that useful, it could become a bigger problem later.

:srs: Open that file in HxD and tell me if you can find those strings in there.
I don't see how that's possible when absolutely nothing is coded into Brawlbox to connect to the internet. :srs:

I highly doubt that's Brawlbox's fault.

These errors are [censored]ing insane ಠ_ಠ

Quote from: Michael Yoshi on February 06, 2012, 12:26:52 AM
BrawlBox 0.65c seems to have a bit of trouble when it comes to finding strings for standalone mdl0 files. It appears to.. grab a web page, or an xml file instead.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Even if opening mdl0s alone isn't that useful, it could become a bigger problem later.
i have never encountered that b4... and i've gone through ALOT of MDL0 files and none of them came up like that... u sir mustve did that all on ur own and blaming BJ for that error....
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

February 06, 2012, 12:54:50 AM #8839 Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:55:56 AM by Michael Yoshi
I haven't done anything to that MDL0. It's ripped from Mario Kart Wii (it's N64 Bowser Castle's course model). I'll open it and see what comes up in a hex editor, but I swear I haven't done anything.

Edit: The MDL0 has no 'strings' section at the end.

Quote from: Michael Yoshi on February 06, 2012, 12:54:50 AM
I haven't done anything to that MDL0. It's ripped from Mario Kart Wii (it's N64 Bowser Castle's course model). I'll open it and see what comes up in a hex editor, but I swear I haven't done anything.

Edit: The MDL0 has no 'strings' section at the end.

Well there's your problem.
How did you rip it?

Still experimenting with the MDL0 format I see?

Bj i was just messing around with BB and i tryed to make Gbowser be over bowser since the bones matched perfectly just needed to add 3-4 extra bones i did it and when i see bowser animations  in BB they look perfect on Gbowser but in game they he looks retarded i dont have anything to make him one slot still his shell and head as some other parts of the body dont get shrinked down to bowser size if anyone can get why this looks perfect in BB but totally deformed ingame let me know
http://www.mediafire.com/?ttcytp2a2hav294

any ideas why?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on February 06, 2012, 01:15:02 AM
Bj i was just messing around with BB and i tryed to make Gbowser be over bowser since the bones matched perfectly just needed to add 3-4 extra bones i did it and when i see bowser animations  in BB they look perfect on Gbowser but in game they he looks retarded i dont have anything to make him one slot still his shell and head as some other parts of the body dont get shrinked down to bowser size if anyone can get why this looks perfect in BB but totally deformed ingame let me know
http://www.mediafire.com/?ttcytp2a2hav294

any ideas why?
resize the model in every animation file... that is all :vyse:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

February 06, 2012, 02:45:37 AM #8844 Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:50:05 AM by Tcll
epic news ;D

see my program box: :af:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=27625.0

EDIT:
lol... sry if this sounds like spam XD
I'd never do that as I know better :P

it's just a link to an epic release of mine to help out hexers ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Alright.
Sorry it took so long to test out the auto metal adder. Had CSS troubles, but those are fixed.

Anyways, I auto-added metal to Bermont's SA2 Sonic (I also deleted his upgrades, but it messed up an eye and an arm, but that isn't important here) and here's the result!
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 06, 2012, 12:58:01 AM
Well there's your problem.
How did you rip it?

SZS Modifier's "Export All Data" function. It just rips the MDL0 data without the string data from the BRRES itself.

You'll be glad to hear that I was able to successfully import a model into Mario Kart Wii with the latest update though! Thanks a lot! We'll finally have animated characters in the MKW hacking community once we start getting things figured out :P

OK, I'm tired of being ignored! I want some answers!

I need some help on how to get rid of this force-closing bull[censored] every time I try to add an animation!
Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Quote from: Flik on February 06, 2012, 04:26:59 AM
OK, I'm tired of being ignored! I want some answers!

I need some help on how to get rid of this force-closing bull[censored] every time I try to add an animation!

And that is definitely the way to go about it.

Way to go, champ.

Quote from: Flik on February 06, 2012, 04:26:59 AM
OK, I'm tired of being ignored! I want some answers!

I need some help on how to get rid of this force-closing bull[censored] every time I try to add an animation!
Ask in his BrawlBox help thread V:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]