Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

>:3
congrats on the find BJ :D

and now I'm even more convinced my research is correct and MDL0's don't use materials.
(the material is the shader entirely)
^all of the functions that fall upon the shader are in this data block

buuut, I'll hold off on that until every last unknown is figured out...
but for me, since I see nothing figured out about the material,
it would be wize to simply change the label to it's proper term.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


ROFL at your ava Innerscope XDD
why I go for Complexity >:3
it's fun and (if done correctly) usually always right. :af:

EDIT:
yeh...
recent discoveries have just told me you can't have the material only or the shader only...
they're always combined...

Materials define the optical properties of an object, while
Shaders determine how the appearance of a material varies with the angle of the light.

so the material values must be somewhere in those unknowns

now... fur (what I was talking about much much earlier) is actually a particle system.
this supposedly isn't supported yet by wii...
along with ray-tracing and halo-rendering.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Nico on April 07, 2012, 05:16:17 PM
Can do

They seem to be modified by an outside source in-game. There are 3 Color and 4 Konstant Color Registers. I suspect that CLR0 modifies the Konstant or Color registers, but I'm not sure. I think the Color registers are used as some kind of a default color for the shader's output registers.

What I DO know though, is that the shader (in my terms) stages definitely uses those registers. They can be used as input values. I've said this before and I'll say it again, there are usually 3 stages at the end of any Brawl shader. They control model flashing when respawning, doing a special, or w/e else, and use the Konstant Color registers and the Color2 register as input.

As for specular, ambient and diffuse, I think they're located in the Lighting section in the material. That's literally the ONLY unknown section of the entire MDL0 left...

>.>
It's not really that hard to get the outline working. It's just hard to keep the lighting not too bright and not too dark. And there are no float values for the outline. It's in a sphere map texture that overlays the regular texture.

BlackJax96 How do you fix the texture glitches because when I rigged BGE Hillys over Halberd ship & I tried it in the game, there were soe texture gltches.

:srs: From the Wii SDK

"The relocatable module system consists of a single static module (.elf file) and multiple relocatable modules (.rel files). Once the boot ROM loads the program's static module, the static module can control the memory location of the relocatable modules. The static module is built as a normal ELF file. The static module can contain common functions and common variables referenced by the relocatable modules."

In our case, the DOL would be the ELF file. Sounds like I'll have to parse DOL at the same time. :srs: At least I have the header. >.>

"Note: Global C++ constructors and destructors must be called explicitly from the relocatable module's
_prolog and _epilog sections, respectively." I know where those sections are :srs:





I'd better release v0.66 soon so I can get working on this.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So Nico (is it your real name?) what's left to do and what do we need to figure out specifically?
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Sky Grounder on April 08, 2012, 07:00:15 PM
So Nico (is it your real name?) what's left to do and what do we need to figure out specifically?

No it's not my real name. It would be cool if it was though >.>

These are the remaining bugs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


These are the things I haven't done yet:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also have you figured out more on the SCN0? I might take my time trying to test stuff on the wii tonight.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

I managed to get source code on a rel viewer to load SS rels up. Do you want me to send you the source code?






Thread im currently in:http://forum.unseen64.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3051

hey BJ,
I might be able to lend you a hand with what's figured out from REL files.
(thank you PantomWings) =D

I've decompiled both of his REL programs and while you can't recompile them
(due to the base GUI functions being replaced with a "trial" message),
most of the REL parsing systems are in tact. ;)
(I say 'most' because I havn't looked at everything yet) XDD

but I can send you the src's if you like. ;D
how's that sound?? :)

EDIT: (ninja'd)
Quote from: Manki on April 08, 2012, 07:24:35 PM
I managed to get source code on a rel viewer to load SS rels up. Do you want me to send you the source code?

I'll have a copy plz :) (no "trial" messages in the script, and it's the original)
it'll be useful for the scripting functions for UGE ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Everyone send me everything :srs:

Except I already have the original source of PW's module editor v1 and the exe-reversed source of v2.1 so don't send me those.

Quote from: Nico on April 08, 2012, 08:05:37 PMExcept I already have the original source of PW's module editor v1 and the exe-reversed source of v2.1 so don't send me those.
well it looks like I'm out XD

but I only have a decompiled r1 of 2.1 so...
*cracks knuckles*
time to use the Tortise XD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

bj or nico lol  any chance you can understand what pw did to ike rel? so we can duplicate that rel on pal? it would be cool to have a tool like the stage switcher where both pal user and ntsc users could creat mk/jiggly/marth and ike rel over any chars  xD also if you figure it out how to add stage collisions stage imports would be a new gen when adding creatures that can damage  the players(imagine safron city with pokemons collisions :P)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hopefully .67 will also let us edit D3&pkmn trainer

1.3 mod it's great but copy paste causes freeze/corrupts the .pac

Everything has to be done from scratch on 1.3&1.3mod

I'll wait for the .67 :-)

Also, if .rels can actually make a character that don't have articles have them, I will so learn all about rel once .66 is out :-D

Quote from: Carnage on April 08, 2012, 08:19:26 PM
bj or nico lol  any chance you can understand what pw did to ike rel? so we can duplicate that rel on pal? it would be cool to have a tool like the stage switcher where both pal user and ntsc users could creat mk/jiggly/marth and ike rel over any chars  xD also if you figure it out how to add stage collisions stage imports would be a new gen when adding creatures that can damage  the players(imagine safron city with pokemons collisions :P)

This will be so cool!!! Saffron city with pokemons <3