Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

it's in the emerald textures, I'm pretty sure.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: TommoPuppy on April 07, 2012, 11:10:46 AM
You build it into the model itself. Make a slightly larger version of all the objects, then flip the normals so they're inside out. This is how many Wii games do it, like Okami, TvC and the Naruto games.

It's possible to do in shaders too, just not sure how to implement it in Brawl yet. Generally most people go for modeling the outlines instead.
you took the words right out of my mouth XDD

it isn't easy to get a black outline with toon-shading,
you have to edit the shader (I forget what to do),
and implement a large series of material-nodes to make the colored outline black.
(the model should have flat coloring with little lighting effects)

the shader is what you would set to toon-shading, and then edit a bunch of floats to set the thickness of the outline.
(again, I forget what to do)
the nodes would be the shader block in BJ's terms (which isn't possible)
(shaders can't handle colors, nor are they seperate from the material)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

BJ something you may want to fix before 0.66 the export all on animations works like a charm but if you put replace all he replaces all the animations until now thats all right but if you try to save or export the animation brees bb 0.65c crashes dont know why should be a simple fix maybe bb cant handle all that data at the same time?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I would say that happens because it actually replaces all the animation formats with their CHR0 counterpart.
So in order to fix that, I would suggest to add some check to make sure that replace all only replaces the format you want to replace (like replace all CHR0 or replace all VIS0).

Quote from: Tcll on April 07, 2012, 04:44:37 PM
hey, I just noticed something... :o

...


^click the quote to see and reply on my thread.
(don't want to clutter up BJ's thread)

he won't do anything about it anyways... heh  >:(

EDIT:
I like the post merge :D
but it merges the wrong way >_>
(I had to flip it)


Post Merge: April 07, 2012, 04:57:18 PM


hey BJ...
mind answering this for me :/

in the shader, there are 10 32bit (RGBA) colors.
what are those colors used for??

TBH, I'm trying to find the ambient/diffuse/specular/alpha colors. >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Carnage on April 07, 2012, 01:15:15 PM
BJ something you may want to fix before 0.66 the export all on animations works like a charm but if you put replace all he replaces all the animations until now thats all right but if you try to save or export the animation brees bb 0.65c crashes dont know why should be a simple fix maybe bb cant handle all that data at the same time?
Quote from: ds22 on April 07, 2012, 01:32:55 PM
I would say that happens because it actually replaces all the animation formats with their CHR0 counterpart.
So in order to fix that, I would suggest to add some check to make sure that replace all only replaces the format you want to replace (like replace all CHR0 or replace all VIS0).

Can do

Quote from: Tcll on April 07, 2012, 01:40:30 PMhey BJ...
mind answering this for me :/

in the shader, there are 10 32bit (RGBA) colors.
what are those colors used for??

TBH, I'm trying to find the ambient/diffuse/specular/alpha colors. >_>

They seem to be modified by an outside source in-game. There are 3 Color and 4 Konstant Color Registers. I suspect that CLR0 modifies the Konstant or Color registers, but I'm not sure. I think the Color registers are used as some kind of a default color for the shader's output registers.

What I DO know though, is that the shader (in my terms) stages definitely uses those registers. They can be used as input values. I've said this before and I'll say it again, there are usually 3 stages at the end of any Brawl shader. They control model flashing when respawning, doing a special, or w/e else, and use the Konstant Color registers and the Color2 register as input.

As for specular, ambient and diffuse, I think they're located in the Lighting section in the material. That's literally the ONLY unknown section of the entire MDL0 left...

Quote from: Tcll on April 07, 2012, 12:03:25 PM
you took the words right out of my mouth XDD

it isn't easy to get a black outline with toon-shading,
you have to edit the shader (I forget what to do),
and implement a large series of material-nodes to make the colored outline black.
(the model should have flat coloring with little lighting effects)

the shader is what you would set to toon-shading, and then edit a bunch of floats to set the thickness of the outline.
(again, I forget what to do)
the nodes would be the shader block in BJ's terms (which isn't possible)
(shaders can't handle colors, nor are they seperate from the material)

>.>
It's not really that hard to get the outline working. It's just hard to keep the lighting not too bright and not too dark. And there are no float values for the outline. It's in a sphere map texture that overlays the regular texture.

Registers??
ain't nothin in these that uses registers...
you realize I'm talking about these right??
...
unless I'm the one who mis-read and and am now mis-understanding >.>


and as well,
toon shading:


reason I say it's not easy, basically is because of the lighting <_<
in blender you have to set the shader with a few float values.
and really those float values lighten/darken the outline (it's not black, just really dark), :P
and set it's width based on the lighting... (same for specular if allowed)
(if lighting is too dark, the outline will be extremely wide with no specularity) <_<

that's as much as I know... heh

the sphere mapping...
that's internal generation right??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on April 07, 2012, 05:43:40 PM
Registers??
ain't nothin in these that uses registers...
you realize I'm talking about these right??
...
unless I'm the one who mis-read and and am now mis-understanding >.>


and as well,
toon shading:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


reason I say it's not easy, basically is because of the lighting <_<
in blender you have to set the shader with a few float values.
and really those float values lighten/darken the outline (it's not black, just really dark), :P
and set it's width based on the lighting... (same for specular if allowed)
(if lighting is too dark, the outline will be extremely wide with no specularity) <_<

that's as much as I know... heh

the sphere mapping...
that's internal generation right??

oh THOSE colors?
That's the lighting. And there are only 4 colors in there.
There are two light channels and that section is split into two parts.
Just look at the lighting section in a material in Brawlbox.


Quote from: Nico on April 07, 2012, 05:49:32 PM
oh THOSE colors?
That's the lighting. And there are only 4 colors in there.
There are two light channels and that section is split into two parts.
Just look at the lighting section in a material in Brawlbox.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-TurWIGJNsHg/T4CKeWXSqDI/AAAAAAAADvk/IHkHc60AEdQ/material_colors.jpg

woah wait... jpg??
I UL'd png...
...
GOOGLE!!!!!!!11111 >:O

anyways...
10 colors...
there you go.

now...
lighting??

maybe I just havn't tested it out...
explain to me my good man. :laugh:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on April 07, 2012, 06:49:56 PM

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-TurWIGJNsHg/T4CKeWXSqDI/AAAAAAAADvk/IHkHc60AEdQ/material_colors.jpg

woah wait... jpg??
I UL'd png...
...
GOOGLE!!!!!!!11111 >:O

anyways...
10 colors...
there you go.

now...
lighting??

maybe I just havn't tested it out...
explain to me my good man. :laugh:

Use Brawlbox v0.65c.

Quote from: Nico on April 07, 2012, 06:53:28 PMUse Brawlbox v0.65c.
ROFL
I thought I was.

alright...
hopefully my compy will let me DL >_>
(instead of cutting the connection before finishing the DL)

compy: *trollface*

EDIT:
umm...
hey BJ...
can you post the direct link plz :/
http://lh6.ggpht.com/-z4RHuo0dN_A/T4CcBNCRUGI/AAAAAAAADvw/xFouKBEnAVc/s1280/brbx_DL_error.jpg
^lol I just tried DL-ing and got that

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


lol thanx :)

I FINALLY got it after the 5th try >:O
compy: *trollface*

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Nasca Corp on April 07, 2012, 08:05:48 PM
DAmnm i cant understand nothing...
Model stuff IS usually complicated, can't say I understand too much either :-\
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus