Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: namq on April 08, 2012, 08:23:23 PM
Hopefully .67 will also let us edit D3&pkmn trainer

1.3 mod it's great but copy paste causes freeze/corrupts the .pac

Everything has to be done from scratch on 1.3&1.3mod

I'll wait for the .67 :-)

Also, if .rels can actually make a character that don't have articles have them, I will so learn all about rel once .66 is out :-D

This will be so cool!!! Saffron city with pokemons <3

You already can view the moveset of any character in BB v0.65c, so of course you'll be able to edit DDD and Pkmn trainer. That bug was just a fault in PSA's programming where it didn't bother to even read the ARC/BRRES headers, it just jumped straight to where the moveset file usually starts. And it doesn't always start at the same offset. I wish people would stop asking that question

Quote from: Carnage on April 08, 2012, 08:19:26 PM
bj or nico lol  any chance you can understand what pw did to ike rel? so we can duplicate that rel on pal? it would be cool to have a tool like the stage switcher where both pal user and ntsc users could creat mk/jiggly/marth and ike rel over any chars  xD also if you figure it out how to add stage collisions stage imports would be a new gen when adding creatures that can damage  the players(imagine safron city with pokemons collisions :P)

I've been looking at it...

seperate physics,logic,effect,functions for each costume.

I think you know what I want to do >:3


plus the ability of a wider range of costumes >:D

EDIT:
OMG :o
I didn't know Datarion used SharpDevelop.


+2 to him for using a free/non-microsoft product. >:3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Did PW ever explain what exactly he did to that rel?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

c'mon rel!
more articles...
probably not, but are visibility bone counts in rels?
(90% I don't think so, but hey.)
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: KnightMario on April 08, 2012, 11:11:15 PMc'mon rel!
more articles...

probably not, but are visibility bone counts in rels?
(90% I don't think so, but hey.)

have you ever played around with States in MUGEN??
(I've worked on quite a few characters I never actually finished)
or programmed a game script in blender??
(I'm modding a few minecraft remake scripts to work better for land generation)

anyways, REL files are like those

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on April 08, 2012, 11:08:58 PM
Did PW ever explain what exactly he did to that rel?

I don't think he did, but he sure did a lot of small things to it.
He mainly edited the "Sections" at the start, single bytes all the way down the file, and added a few lines here and there.

BlackJax I think it´s time to release brawlbox 0.66
We have to deal with the bugs and I know you can fix it.
Perhaps not for now but in the future you can fix it :)

I want him to release it when the tristripper is finished
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

lol BJ
I just read your TODO's,
and you're getting just as much hastle as I am with this:


this is my 3D modelling method I'm working on.
(done with Tkinter just to get the basic structure)

I HAATE IT!!!! >X(
but yet... <3 <3 <3

Quote from: KnightMario on April 09, 2012, 12:36:27 AM
I want him to release it when the tristripper is finished

^agreed

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

OMG WTF!!11!!1

v5 SRT0 frame count starts from 0, v4 starts from 1
I'm assuming the same for CHR0...


And what about all the other animation types+versions?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Nico on April 09, 2012, 12:49:10 AM
OMG WTF!!11!!1

v5 SRT0 frame count starts from 0, v4 starts from 1
I'm assuming the same for CHR0...


And what about all the other animation types+versions?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

lol well that could explain those weird animation glitches with the SRT0 data's.... :srs:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

oh btw BJ...
065c corrupted my LQ MDL0 of DP with his scythe.

I ain't mad as I have a backup,
but I'm just letting you know.

it happened when I tried to replace the inversed normals with the original.
(I can't edit the string and MDL0 offsets, so I had to save)


Y U No have Normal inverse function.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Nico on April 09, 2012, 12:49:10 AM
OMG WTF!!11!!1

v5 SRT0 frame count starts from 0, v4 starts from 1
I'm assuming the same for CHR0...


And what about all the other animation types+versions?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This would also explain the odd animation glitches when editing Mario Kart's CHR0's. Frame 1 must've been replaced with Frame 0.

Quote from: Tcll on April 09, 2012, 01:50:09 AM
oh btw BJ...
065c corrupted my LQ MDL0 of DP with his scythe.

I ain't mad as I have a backup,
but I'm just letting you know.

it happened when I tried to replace the inversed normals with the original.
(I can't edit the string and MDL0 offsets, so I had to save)


Y U No have Normal inverse function.

lulz

well I have some random good news, REFT Images now import properly and look great in-game. I think I fixed SRT0 too. Just gotta fix CHR0 and SHP0 and I can release possibly tonight, but don't count on it because that way there's no way you can be disappointed lol

There's also some extremely minor REL and SZS parsing that I'll just leave in there too. All BB does to SZS atm is decompress it if it's a YAZ0. Don't make me regret it and have to take them out because you think they're supposed to work, like the PMD importer that I started a while back. :srs:

Nice, I'll be looking forward to it! Just the animation is a huge leap for me and the MKWii community, so don't get held up by those Brawlers who want thousands of other features in there too which can wait for 0.66b.