Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Any info about font_latin1.arc and font_latin10.arc? They contain .brfnt files but they're compressed. BrawlBox, SZS Explorer and SZS Modifier won't open them. The start of font_latin1.arc is:

10 D8 16 0C 00 52 46 4E 54 FE FF 01 04 00 00 0C
 Ø     R F N T þ ÿ    

lol and wat game is that for Derpy Hooves?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

BJ I have another question,
In brawlbox and ingame my characters are very dark at some points.
the front of the body is shiny, the face is dark and the back is shiny too....
How can I fix it?
I would like to have a completely shiny character.
thanks for your help

Quote from: Nico on April 12, 2012, 08:35:57 PM
Nonsense! I just made one while testing this report and it worked perfectly. I'll upload it too :P
Make sure you don't have any text in the header of the WAV (like song name, artist, bpm, etc) or else it won't open in BB correctly.

I never had this problem, but I'll follow your guidance.  Thanks for the reply.

I guess here is another thing to add to the list of stuff that needs to be fixed:

The clean function on .66 isn't as good as the one in .65

I was animating Neji, and I realized that it wasn't cleaning the scale key frames (yes.... the option was checked) even though they they had never once changed from 1

So I had to switch to .65 for it to clean properly.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Kagemaru on April 13, 2012, 12:29:26 AM
I guess here is another thing to add to the list of stuff that needs to be fixed:

The clean function on .66 isn't as good as the one in .65

I was animating Neji, and I realized that it wasn't cleaning the scale key frames (yes.... the option was checked) even though they they had never once changed from 1

So I had to switch to .65 for it to clean properly.

It doesn't clean the keyframes themselves anymore because it would corrupt animations that actually interpolated through the keyframes. It only removes entries that don't have keyframes.



News on SHP0:
It works in-game if you add it to a character's motionetc that doesn't have it already, so this confirms that the moveset file just calls up the name of an animation and any animation file types with the same name will be applied to the model, which is a good thing. The other thing though is that the game will freeze if an SHP0 tries to morph a vertex set to another vertex set that's not in the model.

Oh and if the % for a morph interpolates over 100% in-game, the vertex set like, explodes. The way Brawl interpolates the value is a little bit different from the way Brawlbox does (but not by much) so it might interpolate over if the value is 100%. In Brawlbox, I just clamped any excess interpolation over 100% back down to 100%. :X

I was going to try to rebuild SCN0 correctly for this release but I'll save it for another release. v0.66b is just mainly bug fixes and a minor viewer update.
Here's what I've done so far:
- Ability to add new EFLS entries
- Ability to view, replace and import REFT images with palettes
- PAT0 string reference counts are modulated even closer now so there's no null/unused string errors
- Frame counts don't sync automatically anymore when you change the max frame in the viewer unless you have the checkbox checked
- You can now add SHP0 entries (Somehow the wrapper didn't link correctly before)
- You can save the viewer settings and they will load every time you open the viewer. This includes maximize
- CTRL ALT D opens/closes all the panels in sync
- Ability to add a new color node to a model
- Ability to edit color values as an array or a list... this may or may not fix the issue people have with not being able to use the collection editor

What I have left to do:
- Load textures from the selected model into the PAT0 dropdowns in the viewer instead of from the PAT0 itself, otherwise you can't actually add new textures/palettes
- Add the ability to add a vertex set in from another model for SHP0. I was using the object importer for testing; I just deleted everything that was imported except for the vertex set. :P
For model imports that need to use SHP0:
1. just make the model like you would for VIS0,
2. export the seperate faces or whatever along with the the WHOLE SKELETON as a DAE (and make sure their vertex counts are EXACTLY THE SAME).
3. Import that model like normal and export the MDL0.
4. Then export the model WITHOUT those extra faces or whatever and import it to MDL0.
5. Then import the vertex sets from the other model and then
6. name all the vertex sets the same names as the original model you're importing over.

Sort of a long process but you gotta do it if you want dem SHP0 morphs on your import.





tl;dr: Just some news on SHP0, fixed stuff and stuff to do

@DH: lol...
I'm kinda surprized you didn't use my hex2text program for that... :P

00000000 | 10 D8 16 0C 00 52 46 4E 54 FE FF 01 04 00 00 0C - .Ø...RFNTþÿ.....

oh well... lol XD

I'm actually looking into an electronics simulator atm
(if anyone's wondering)
^I intend to use it for block-linking in my own code :D

think of this:

binary
|
assembly
|
my code
|
common programming languages

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DSX8 on April 12, 2012, 11:53:39 PM
lol and wat game is that for Derpy Hooves?

Brawl.

Also, a note that SRT0 animations work for Mario Kart Wii with minimal problems, aside from a random crash I'm getting that happens when I try animating a texture that has "Geometry" as its texture map settings. The game runs at about 5 frames per second, then crashes after a few seconds.

Quote from: Derpy Hooves on April 13, 2012, 03:24:35 AMThe game runs at about 5 frames per second, then crashes after a few seconds.
hmm...
sounds similar to my problem with DPv5...
(I have a vid (2 actually) but I can't UL them due to connection issues)
^the scythe is 2D on it's Y and Z axis.

anyway... it even laggs at the results screen... D:

not even some graphics display...
battle - you only get the stage and the fighters (no hit-sparks or HUD)
results - ground, BG,  and characters (no HUD)

at first I thought it was from importing an XLU material when importing my scythe,
but now I'm thinking otherwize >_>

also... just before the results screen, you see 1 frame of the "ready to fight" screen.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

April 13, 2012, 05:19:29 PM #9774 Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:20:30 PM by Derpy Hooves
On my model, it game would fade in like normal, run slowly, then crash on the frame before the HUD would appear (Mario Kart Wii).

I fixed it by removing a layer from the animated material that probably wasn't needed. It was a 512x512 transparent texture. Afterward, the game ran fine.

I'm also having trouble with other texture animations now. It works fine in BrawlBox, but when I save and reload, the animation no longer works (texture changes to a solid color). It does this in-game too.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SRT0 info:
Version: 5
Looped: True
Frames: 200
Material Animated: polygon0_m
Number of textures: 1

Frame 1: Scale X = 1, Scale Y = 1.25, Translation Y = 0
Frame 200: Translation Y = 9.9833

Am I missing anything? Leaving out the scale values on frame 1 doesn't change anything.

Quote from: Derpy Hooves on April 13, 2012, 05:19:29 PM
On my model, it game would fade in like normal, run slowly, then crash on the frame before the HUD would appear (Mario Kart Wii).

I fixed it by removing a layer from the animated material that probably wasn't needed. It was a 512x512 transparent texture. Afterward, the game ran fine.

I'm also having trouble with other texture animations now. It works fine in BrawlBox, but when I save and reload, the animation no longer works (texture changes to a solid color). It does this in-game too.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SRT0 info:
Version: 5
Looped: True
Frames: 200
Material Animated: polygon0_m
Number of textures: 1

Frame 1: Scale X = 1, Scale Y = 1.25, Translation Y = 0
Frame 200: Translation Y = 9.9833

Am I missing anything? Leaving out the scale values on frame 1 doesn't change anything.

Might be a problem with the fact that Scale X used to be Unk and Scale Y used to be Scale X. I just treated Unk keyframes like Scale X and Scale X keyframes like Scale Y. I'll just recode it properly and then it should work fine.

That seems to be the same problem I was having earlier, where the giant numbers which required scientific notation appeared in between keyframes.

not that I know anything, but is there a set of flags that defines what's in the current key-frame??
(similar to the CP list settings)
^not in MDL0-style format

looking at the SDK,
the CP structure can change either per primitive or facepoint (not sure).
it may even process in groups like in an MDL0's display list: >_>

---
30
30
...
98
90
98
...
---
30
30
...
...
---

the CP formatting for the groups may change. >_>

so there's 3 options for that, now what about SRT0's <_<

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Back to SHP0, I did more tests.
Changing the morph from 0 - 20 - 0 did not explode in game.
However, 0 - 50 - 0 did, so the "over 100%" thing is false. I'm betting that the Unknown in SHP0 entries are flags to determine whether the vertex set is weighted or not.

Quote from: Tcll on April 13, 2012, 07:56:26 PM
not that I know anything, but is there a set of flags that defines what's in the current key-frame??
(similar to the CP list settings)
^not in MDL0-style format

looking at the SDK,
the CP structure can change either per primitive or facepoint (not sure).
it may even process in groups like in an MDL0's display list: >_>

---
30
30
...
98
90
98
...
---
30
30
...
...
---

the CP formatting for the groups may change. >_>

so there's 3 options for that, now what about SRT0's <_<

There's just an array of Vector3s for the keyframes.
It includes the tangent, frame index, and value. That's how CHR0, SRT0 and SHP0 work.

I don't know if this was already mentioned in the thread, but the 'replace all' function in the latest BBox doesn't seem to replace anything, not even the messed up 'replace all' that actually replaces everything with the same name with it's CHR0 version.