Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 69 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: KnightMario on May 17, 2012, 09:25:25 PM
huh?
I mean:
can we add visibility bones (fire mario from smbz, for example)

lol that's even vaguer. :srs:
I'm assuming you're talking about the moveset model vis bone references.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 09:24:18 PM
Your question is too vague, but the answer is yes anyway.
I believe they mean visibility bones like add a new bone and have it work like the bone that link's second shield is attatched to.

IE: Model changers that we add ourselves

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 08:32:06 PM
I just figured out how articles work. Like, literally how it all works together with the character. With BB v0.67 you'll probably be able to add articles that use custom models and stuff. :O

For each ARC Entry Node, there's a property called "FileFlags" that's usually like, 256, 512, etc and stuff. Well if you shift that 8 bits to the left, you get a group index for a group of model/texture/anim brres files, and that's what the articles call! :srs:

Woah this sounds crazy awesome.  If this works out this will be the biggest and best PSA advancement for a good year and a half or so (probably more).  Seriously, I'm so freakin hyped it's ridiculously.

So how exactly would this work?  How would assigning floating points to these articles happen?

You don't know how much hype this has induced within me.

Quote from: Mariodk on May 17, 2012, 09:15:44 PM
adding articles
that will be awesome
inb4beforeSomeoneMakeShadowWithChaosSpearAsATrueProjectile

>.>
More incentive to revamp the sucka

 :>.>palm:
fail.
the boneM bones in the beginning of the model that you change in psa, that stays until you change it back. Take the fire mario transform from smbz for an example.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: KnightMario on May 17, 2012, 09:29:25 PM
:>.>palm:
fail.
the boneM bones in the beginning of the model that you change in psa, that stays until you change it back. Take the fire mario transform from smbz for an example.

LOL you could always add those types of bones. Where have you been? This is what I thought you were talking about at first but I thought that couldn't be right XD

Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on May 17, 2012, 09:28:57 PM
Woah this sounds crazy awesome.  If this works out this will be the biggest and best PSA advancement for a good year and a half or so (probably more).  Seriously, I'm so freakin hyped it's ridiculously.

So how exactly would this work?  How would assigning floating points to these articles happen?

The articles reference a file group in the MotionEtc.pac for everything it uses, so you'd just add a new article entry, add the models/textures/anims/etc into the MotionEtc.pac under a new group index and then reference that group. Articles can use actions and subactions just like a regular character.

Assigning floating points... not sure yet, but there's 3 unknown offsets in articles that I have my suspicions about.

Creating articals instead of replacing the ones that exsist D:
Holy [censored]!

BJ, get yourself some freaking Starbucks and pull an all nighter XP
We want dat sexy 6.7 BB Now :D

Quote from: Naruto200Man on May 17, 2012, 09:36:54 PM
Creating articals instead of replacing the ones that exsist D:
Holy [censored]!

BJ, get yourself some freaking Starbucks and pull an all nighter XP
We want dat sexy 6.7 BB Now :D

I'm sick atm, I'd practically die doing that D:
And you don't want me to die at a time like this

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 09:38:07 PM
I'm sick atm, I'd practically die doing that D:
And you don't want me to die at a time like this
If you died can I have all your epic programming skills?
JK

but get better soon, the hype train is bigger than ever and it's leaving the station bro...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 09:35:42 PM
LOL you could always add those types of bones. Where have you been? This is what I thought you were talking about at first but I thought that couldn't be right XD

The articles reference a file group in the MotionEtc.pac for everything it uses, so you'd just add a new article entry, add the models/textures/anims/etc into the MotionEtc.pac under a new group index and then reference that group. Articles can use actions and subactions just like a regular character.

Assigning floating points... not sure yet, but there's 3 unknown offsets in articles that I have my suspicions about.

how would we go about adding the visibility bones? and make them work with model changer in psa?now im curious also so far you discovered how to triger lets say generate article X so we can generate the article but he doesnt have floating points yet im i right? also i think the floating points references might be in the rel or something
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

WHOA! The title changed again.
Anyway, I am still hyped, can't wait for the new BB to come out. Please, HURRY UP!
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 09:35:42 PM
The articles reference a file group in the MotionEtc.pac for everything it uses, so you'd just add a new article entry, add the models/textures/anims/etc into the MotionEtc.pac under a new group index and then reference that group. Articles can use actions and subactions just like a regular character.

Assigning floating points... not sure yet, but there's 3 unknown offsets in articles that I have my suspicions about.

Thread lurk oath broken. I'm here to give you an ultimately very generic yet brutally truthful exclamation of joy and hype that I detect may or may not be greater than or equal to the proclamations exclaimed before it.

All of my yes.

Keep up the good work.

Y'know, with this PSA stuff on the edge we're getting back to 4-5 pages a day, like back when model importing was in the same position. And now you drop the Article possibility on us?

The hype levels are maxed out lol.


ok now there is no limit(but filesize) for moveset editing
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Snivy on May 17, 2012, 09:41:01 PM
WHOA! The title changed again.
Anyway, I am still hyped, can't wait for the new BB to come out. Please, HURRY UP!
this

man you are so freaking epic, with out you nothing would be possible

PS: please dont die
QuoteSSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

if this article stuff works i hope we can have a button in bb that says import article and choose a char pac file / motion and take all the models/floating points like mario fireball and etc

but i hope you can awnser my quest about how we can add a visivility bone that  works with model changer 0-3 for example
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on May 17, 2012, 09:40:43 PM
how would we go about adding the visibility bones? and make them work with model changer in psa?now im curious also so far you discovered how to triger lets say generate article X so we can generate the article but he doesnt have floating points yet im i right? also i think the floating points references might be in the rel or something

Ok, you asked for an explanation:

This is the model visibility section:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

And this is the Model Changer 1:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


When you change the Bone Group ID value, the other bone groups located in the switch will be turned off. If you set it to a number higher or less than the group count, all the groups will be invisible. Each switch contains groups of bones that control which polygons will be toggled on or off.

Model changer 1 uses the switches in Reference 1 while Model changer 2 uses the switches in Reference 2.

The default group value in each switch determines what group of bones should be visible at the start of every animation.

As for generating articles, there's an event for that. Each article has an ID so that's what the event calls. You can modify existing floating points but I'm just now sure how to add new ones that are attached to a new article yet. That's all. Just because I don't know how yet doesn't mean there's no way. ;O

Quote from: Snivy on May 17, 2012, 09:41:01 PM
WHOA! The title changed again.
Anyway, I am still hyped, can't wait for the new BB to come out. Please, HURRY UP!
Quote from: -SSJ gogeta- on May 17, 2012, 09:48:28 PM
this

man you are so freaking epic, with out you nothing would be possible

PS: please dont die

I'm going as fast as possible and don't worry I won't die.

Quote from: Spex130 on May 17, 2012, 09:43:59 PM
Thread lurk oath broken. I'm here to give you an ultimately very generic yet brutally truthful exclamation of joy and hype that I detect may or may not be greater than or equal to the proclamations exclaimed before it.

All of my yes.

Keep up the good work.

Y'know, with this PSA stuff on the edge we're getting back to 4-5 pages a day, like back when model importing was in the same position. And now you drop the Article possibility on us?

The hype levels are maxed out lol.

Indeed